Have any of you disowned a murderous child?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Some are willing to toss their kid aside for being gay because they are "sick in the head". So I was curious.....would you disown your child if he/she murdered someone? And would your religious beliefs assist in whatever you chose to do..or not do?

Would you yourself turn that child in if he/she confessed to it?
What if it's armed robbery but not murder?
Breaking and Entering?
Arson?

No, one of my twin boys was locked up for over five years ..

What ever..it is what it is

Some are willing to toss their kid aside for being gay because they are "sick in the head". So I was curious.....would you disown your child if he/she murdered someone? And would your religious beliefs assist in whatever you chose to do..or not do?

Breaking and Entering?
Arson?
Moses in Leviticus describes all these miscreants and provides a way for the community to stone them.

It has been a problem throughout the millennia.

In the movie Taurus Bulba, Yul Brynner shoots one of his sons who has become a traitor and has led a raid for the enemy against his own army.

Sometimes you gotta do what you've gotta do.

Taras Bulba (1962) - IMDb

It all comes down to logistics.

If you only have one child, then you are forced by circumstances to tolerate him/her or else your old age is going to be very lonely and destitute.

If you have several children then you can afford to lose one or two of them -- no worries then.

The main problem with a homo kid is that they could unduly influence another relative.

That's why you would want to get rid of him/her.

We have a homo cousin in our clan and everyone shuns him.

Nobody misses him/it.

I remember this kid as showing signs of homosexuality already when he was 8 years old. Then over the years it only got worse.

Eventually everyone just gave up on dealing with him and stayed away from him.

It happens.

Not everyone has to imitate Dick Cheney.

Today the most relevant crimes that younger family members commit are drug crimes.

In this case put them into rehab.

If/when that does not work put them into rehab again.

It gets expensive after a while.

Ultimately if nothing works then all you can do is shun them.

Dope addicts and users are dangerous.

You do not want these kind of people in your circle of friends and family.

You just gotta do it.

Breaking and Entering?
Arson?

If it was just a monetary thing or property? I would go to the one that was stolen from and have my child confess and hope that restitution would be enough...if not? He or she would have to face the consequences for the theft. I would lose respect for them and place some blame on myself but I would never stop loving them.

If they killed someone like in a drunk driving incidence and didn't intend to do so? I would suffer right along with the victims but I wouldn't stop loving my child. I certainly wouldn't make excuses for their actions or ask for leniency because I taught them the difference between right and wrong and walked that walk. I love my kids (though they are adults now)......I can't imagine a scenario where I would ever turn my back on them.

Today the most relevant crimes that younger family members commit are drug crimes.

In this case put them into rehab.

If/when that does not work put them into rehab again.

It gets expensive after a while.

Ultimately if nothing works then all you can do is shun them.

Dope addicts and users are dangerous.

You do not want these kind of people in your circle of friends and family.

You just gotta do it.
Tough love. And yes. I agree with your statements. My sister in laws grandson is a thief. He is not allowed in my home. Or rather, when I had one that was totally mine. My nephew is a bum and a thief too. He has no clue where I am any mroe and I plan to keep it that way.

Breaking and Entering?
Arson?
I would confess to the murder.

Pedos are sick in the head. But it would still be my child if I had one that was a pedo. I could not kill him or her. I would see they got help. Or had some kind of surgery to take all potential woodies away. Or something. I don't know what I would do. Question myself, the surroundings, feel guilt, be sad, but kill my own kid?

I hope you don't have kids, Tank.

Breaking and Entering?
Arson?
I would confess to the murder.
But then what if the kid does it again? You wouldn't be doing him/her any favors taking the heat on yourself.

Forum List

Back