Haunted Vacation Spots In US

Shadow

Silver Member
Aug 16, 2008
Land Of Enchantment
This slide show shows some pretty interesting vacation spots that are rumored to be haunted. Anyone vistited any of these? The Chelsea Hotel and Hotel Hollywood look interesting.

I've been to the Queen Mary and the La Fonda. Both kinda creepy...but saw/witnessed no ghosts while I was there. :(

Both still worth seeing though.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504784_162-10006982.html?tag=page;previous

My favorite haunted hotel is La Playa in Carmel.

Legend has it that the ghost of Angela Ghiradelli (yes, of the Chocolate Family) haunts the hotel.

• Banned
The La Fonda in Santa Fe is pretty interesting and the building itself is very beautiful. At one time trials were held in the lobby along with the handed down judgements (executions). I think a lawman was also gunned down at the hotel at some point. Lots of potential for ghostly activity . :)

La Fonda Hotel Ghosts

No, but I spent two years in a dormitory in college (Providence, RI) that had a couple of spirits. The dorm used to be a hotel, and had a couple of violent incidents there. It wasn't the only haunted dorm on campus either. One of the other dorms used to be a nunnery, and apparently the spirits of the Sisters who used to live there were none too pleased with certain male residents in the space where their rooms used to be.

I have been staying in the The Hotel California.

I keep trying to check out, but they will never let me leave.

They have wireless internet though...so that is a good thing.

Last edited:
  • Banned
No, but I spent two years in a dormitory in college (Providence, RI) that had a couple of spirits. The dorm used to be a hotel, and had a couple of violent incidents there. It wasn't the only haunted dorm on campus either. One of the other dorms used to be a nunnery, and apparently the spirits of the Sisters who used to live there were none too pleased with certain male residents in the space where their rooms used to be.

No haunted dorms at my college...as far as I know at least. But a few guys I used to know liked to take Ouija boards to the local cemetery at midnight. Went along a few times. Oh the stupid things kids will do for fun in a small town.

My house is haunted. I don't need to go looking any further.

But I do go ghosthunting regularly. Great fun.

We have a whole section of town here that is supposed to be haunted. Great tours in the fall.

Yes...could it be settlers dying during wagon train rides west? Native American battles? Or is it just several different landmarks with unrelated history?

Yes...could it be settlers dying during wagon train rides west? Native American battles? Or is it just several different landmarks with unrelated history?

Basically Old west. It was the redlight district of the early town.

I have been to the Birdcage Theater in Tombstone. I have heard and seen many things happen there.
Yes the Birdcage is truly haunted.

Boo! America's coolest ghost towns

Abandoned areas offer a slice of history — and an interesting detour

Some ghost towns are protected by parks departments. But Bodie, Calif., protects itself — with a curse.

For years, visitors to this ghost town have learned that bad luck will befall anyone who makes off with an artifact — a curse that is lifted only when the piece of contraband is returned. Sure enough, park ranger Mark Langner says that a couple times a month, he gets something in the mail — “an old nail or a piece of glass, with an anonymous letter apologizing — they know they’ve done something wrong.” Curse or no curse, he says, “karma is karma.”

Boo! Cool U.S. ghost towns worth a detour - Travel - Destination Travel - US and Canada - msnbc.com

Forum List

Back