Hasbro To Make Play-Doh American Again...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
Bad news for the Trump-Haters, but great news for America. :thup:

Play-Doh will soon be squeezed out of a factory in the U.S. again, as Hasbro Inc. brings manufacturing of the popular moldable clay back to America for the first time in years.

Hasbro said it is working with a manufacturing partner to make Play-Doh at a facility in East Longmeadow, Mass., starting in the second half of 2018. Although the preschool clay was invented in Cincinnati in the 1950s, it hasn't been made in the U.S. since 2004.

The shift is a rare move in an industry heavily dependent on overseas factories and comes as toy companies reassess their manufacturing footprint, given President Donald Trump's push to adopt tax and trade policies that favor domestic production...

Hasbro to Make Play-Doh American Again

From the quoted OP source:
"Hasbro said the addition of the U.S.-based manufacturing line wasn't in response to the election of Mr. Trump. The Pawtucket, R.I., company said it wanted to supplement existing production after a five-year stretch where global Play-Doh sales have increased on average 20% annually.

"We're not replacing volume, we're adding volume," Hasbro Chief Executive Brian Goldner said in an interview this week. While some costs may be higher for Play-Doh made in the U.S. than overseas, the difference will likely be evened out by a lower shipping rate, Mr. Goldner said. "

Although I am sure that Trump will take credit for it, along withe the rain that is falling in drought stricken California.

From the quoted OP source:
"Hasbro said the addition of the U.S.-based manufacturing line wasn't in response to the election of Mr. Trump. The Pawtucket, R.I., company said it wanted to supplement existing production after a five-year stretch where global Play-Doh sales have increased on average 20% annually.

"We're not replacing volume, we're adding volume," Hasbro Chief Executive Brian Goldner said in an interview this week. While some costs may be higher for Play-Doh made in the U.S. than overseas, the difference will likely be evened out by a lower shipping rate, Mr. Goldner said. "

Although I am sure that Trump will take credit for it, along withe the rain that is falling in drought stricken California.
Trump's plans for corporate relief are obviously a factor even if he, directly, was not involved.
To think otherwise is foolish

Play-Doh will soon be squeezed out of a factory in the U.S. again, as Hasbro Inc. brings manufacturing of the popular moldable clay back to America for the first time in years.

Hasbro said it is working with a manufacturing partner to make Play-Doh at a facility in East Longmeadow, Mass., starting in the second half of 2018. Although the preschool clay was invented in Cincinnati in the 1950s, it hasn't been made in the U.S. since 2004.

The shift is a rare move in an industry heavily dependent on overseas factories and comes as toy companies reassess their manufacturing footprint, given President Donald Trump's push to adopt tax and trade policies that favor domestic production...

USA! USA! I'm going to buy some plah-doh just for the hell of it to show my support! LOL.

Get 'er done Trump!

So they're moving to the second most liberal state in the Union, Elizabeth Warren's home state.

Good job, Liz!!!

USA! USA! I'm going to buy some plah-doh just for the hell of it to show my support! LOL.

Get 'er done Trump!

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but that's actually a pretty good idea. Next time you're hunting for a kids gift, consider buying some Play-Doh.

Get 'er done Trump!

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but that's actually a pretty good idea. Next time you're hunting for a kids gift, consider buying some Play-Doh.

I kid you not. More than ever Im looking at the back of packages and if they don't say "Made in America, Canada, Europe, Japan" or other allied nations, I do my best to avoid buying it. I've had my dog sick as could be when my wife bought treats from the Dollar Store, of course they were made in China. I personally became violently ill from eating tune that came from Thailand. I still get a sick feeling in my stomach when I even think of the taste of that tuna, it's one of those in the memory type illnesses that won't go away.

Get 'er done Trump!

I kid you not. More than ever Im looking at the back of packages and if they don't say "Made in America, Canada, Europe, Japan" or other allied nations, I do my best to avoid buying it. I've had my dog sick as could be when my wife bought treats from the Dollar Store, of course they were made in China. I personally became violently ill from eating tune that came from Thailand. I still get a sick feeling in my stomach when I even think of the taste of that tuna, it's one of those in the memory type illnesses that won't go away.

I hear ya. I mean China is actually killing our pets. Yet there are some dummies still feeding their pets poisonous Chinese products. Crazy stuff.

Forum List

Back