Hasbara

Jos

Rookie
Feb 6, 2010
Hasbara refers to the propaganda efforts to improve Israel's image abroad, to justify its actions, and defend it in world opinion. It is a public diplomacy effort undertaken by Israeli government officers, or individuals in target countries (public or private efforts; group or individual efforts). Israel portrays itself as fighting on two fronts: against the Palestinians/Arabs and world opinion. The latter is dealt with hasbara. The premise of hasbara is that Israel's problems are a matter of better propaganda, and not one of an underlying unjust situation

A Hasbara manual for students to use on US univesity campuses is now available online[2]. A summary of the techniques is provided from page 31 onwards:

Propaganda is used by those who want to communicate in ways that engage the emotions and downplay rationality, in an attempt to promote a certain message.

The manual goes on to describe seven propaganda techniques:

1. Name calling: through the careful use of words, then name calling technique links a person or an idea to a negative symbol.
2. Glittering generality: Simply put, glittering generality is name calling in reverse. Instead of trying to attach negative meanings to ideas or people, glittering generalities use positive phrases, which the audience are attached to, in order to lend positive image to things. Words such as "freedom", "civilization",…
3. Transfer: Transfer involves taking some of the prestige and authority of one concept and applying it to another. For example, a speaker might decide to speak in front of a United Nations flag, in an attempt to gain legitimacy for himself or his idea.
4. Testimonial: Testimonial means enlisting the support of somebody admired or famous to endorse and ideal or campaign.
5. Plain folks: The plain folks technique attempts to convince the listener that the speaker is a 'regular guy', who is trust-worthy because the are like 'you or me'.
6. Fear: Stressing that ignoring the message will likely lead to war, terrorism[3]
7. Bandwagon: Suggest that the stated position is mainstream and use polls to suggest this. [4]
Hasbara - SourceWatch

Hasbara refers to the propaganda efforts to improve Israel's image abroad, to justify its actions, and defend it in world opinion. It is a public diplomacy effort undertaken by Israeli government officers, or individuals in target countries (public or private efforts; group or individual efforts). Israel portrays itself as fighting on two fronts: against the Palestinians/Arabs and world opinion. The latter is dealt with hasbara. The premise of hasbara is that Israel's problems are a matter of better propaganda, and not one of an underlying unjust situation

A Hasbara manual for students to use on US univesity campuses is now available online[2]. A summary of the techniques is provided from page 31 onwards:

Propaganda is used by those who want to communicate in ways that engage the emotions and downplay rationality, in an attempt to promote a certain message.

The manual goes on to describe seven propaganda techniques:

1. Name calling: through the careful use of words, then name calling technique links a person or an idea to a negative symbol.
2. Glittering generality: Simply put, glittering generality is name calling in reverse. Instead of trying to attach negative meanings to ideas or people, glittering generalities use positive phrases, which the audience are attached to, in order to lend positive image to things. Words such as "freedom", "civilization",…
3. Transfer: Transfer involves taking some of the prestige and authority of one concept and applying it to another. For example, a speaker might decide to speak in front of a United Nations flag, in an attempt to gain legitimacy for himself or his idea.
4. Testimonial: Testimonial means enlisting the support of somebody admired or famous to endorse and ideal or campaign.
5. Plain folks: The plain folks technique attempts to convince the listener that the speaker is a 'regular guy', who is trust-worthy because the are like 'you or me'.
6. Fear: Stressing that ignoring the message will likely lead to war, terrorism[3]
7. Bandwagon: Suggest that the stated position is mainstream and use polls to suggest this. [4]
Hasbara - SourceWatch
Good article. Thanks, Jos.

7. Bandwagon: Suggest that the stated position is mainstream and use polls to suggest this.
Ah! A palistanian agitprop toolkit! Especially that UN stuff!

• Banned
7. Bandwagon: Suggest that the stated position is mainstream and use polls to suggest this.

http://www.middle-east-info.org/take/wujshasbara.pdf

www.middle-east-info.org/take/wujshasbara.pdf
And the significance of that palistanian agitprop toolkit for us is, exactly, what?

• Banned
It shows young jewlings how to post for israel

Jos,

That is a good choice of words.

When I look up a definition, I read a jewling is a suspiciously devious little critter, untrustworthy and covetous of other people's belongings, usually seen scampering around dark corners.

Urban Dict

For people defending Israel's land thefts and dark practices of the Occupation, that is a perfect choice of words. I just want to point out, we are not addressing Jews alone, there are people like Christian Zionists who are also jewlings, those so called Christians who place Israel above Jesus Himself and actively defend the land thefts and dark practices of Israel in her unlawful Occupation of Palestine.

Sherri

Jos,

When I look up a definition, I read a jewling is a suspiciously devious little critter, untrustworthy and covetous of other people's belongings, usually seen scampering around dark corners.

Urban Dict

For people defending Israel's land thefts and dark practices of the Occupation, that is a perfect choice of words. I just want to point out, we are not addressing Jews alone, there are people like Christian Zionists who are also jewlings, those so called Christians who place Israel above Jesus Himself and actively defend the land thefts and dark practices of Israel in her unlawful Occupation of Palestine.

Sherri
This ain't no Christian forum, Jake.

Jos,

Urban Dict

Sherri
Isn't it hilarious how Sheri is playing 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' game? She does not realize how silly she appears bringing up Jesus when her little Muslim friends are harassing and murdering as well as destroying the churches of the followers of Jesus. I wonder if Sheri has a good explanation for why they do this. I also wonder if Sherri realizes that her friends believe that when Jesus returns, he will break all the crosses and preach Islam. Maybe Sherri is looking forward to that.

jt2

Jos,

Urban Dict

Sherri
Isn't it hilarious how Sheri is playing 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' game? She does not realize how silly she appears bringing up Jesus when her little Muslim friends are harassing and murdering as well as destroying the churches of the followers of Jesus. I wonder if Sheri has a good explanation for why they do this. I also wonder if Sherri realizes that her friends believe that when Jesus returns, he will break all the crosses and preach Islam. Maybe Sherri is looking forward to that.

jt2

Hossfly,

If I am playing a game, it is the love your enemy game, defining my enemy to be those my country labels enemy. That is the same game Jesus played, when He reached out to show love and offer salvation to the enemies of His country. There is no shame in the Gospel of Christ, or seeking to follow the example of Christ in how one lives a life.

And what did Jesus get for that love for all, including those enemies of His people, they all crucified Him. So, if the enemy kills me, at least I will die as the one I admire most did. What could be greater than that?

Sherri

Last edited:
Jos,

Urban Dict

Sherri

jt2

Hossfly,

If I am playing a game, it is the love your enemy game, defining my enemy to be those my country labels enemy. That is the same game Jesus played, when He reached out to show love and offer salvation to the enemies of His country. There is no shame in the Gospel of Christ, or seeking to follow the example of Christ in how one lives a life.

And what did Jesus get for that love for all, including those enemies of His people, they all crucified Him. So, if the enemy kills me, at least I will die as the one I admire most did. What could be greater than that?

Sherri
You're in the wrong religion if you hope to claim your 72 virgin billy goats.

Like the paid frauds listed here, worthless fucking turd:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/The-Arab-Lobby-Invisible-Undermines/dp/B005DI8K42/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340931653&sr=8-1&keywords=arab+lobby]Amazon.com: The Arab Lobby: The Invisible Alliance That Undermines America's Interests in the Middle East: Mitchell Bard: Books[/ame]

Scumbag jew-hating animal asshole fucking trash = jos the dogshit.

If I am playing a game, it is the love your enemy game, defining my enemy to be those my country labels enemy. That is the same game Jesus played, when He reached out to show love and offer salvation to the enemies of His country. There is no shame in the Gospel of Christ, or seeking to follow the example of Christ in how one lives a life. And what did Jesus get for that love for all, including those enemies of His people, they all crucified Him. So, if the enemy kills me, at least I will die as the one I admire most did. What could be greater than that?

You're a mentally ill worthless whore.

If I am playing a game, it is the love your enemy game, defining my enemy to be those my country labels enemy. That is the same game Jesus played, when He reached out to show love and offer salvation to the enemies of His country. There is no shame in the Gospel of Christ, or seeking to follow the example of Christ in how one lives a life. And what did Jesus get for that love for all, including those enemies of His people, they all crucified Him. So, if the enemy kills me, at least I will die as the one I admire most did. What could be greater than that?

You're a mentally ill worthless whore.

rhodescholar,

My preacher is always saying, if you are not hated, you are doing something wrong.

Thanks for your comment, I like to see this hate my words create, it shows me I am doing something right in my life.

Sherri

Forum List

Back