Has Putin put himself against the wall?

38037668.jpg
Exactly.

Is he now in bad situation?

You seem to have a good bead on things over there, tell me why I'm wrong.

If Putin is really playing chess (I think he is not), then he should understand that he put himself in a zugzwang situation.

How about NATO step the hell up then?

He wants NATO out of there so he can invade.

All the moves were taken out of the Hitler playbook over 90 years ago. The Nazis blamed Poland for attacking Germany, and had made a short movie and planted evidence. Supposedly the Russians also made some movie.

And there are parallels with Crimea/Austria, Suedetenland/Donbas, and the next step would be Ukraine like Czechoslovakia (or Poland) and more.

Its very smart strategy, Bravo Biden! That's how you deal with a bully! ! Putin has never looked so weak

The real aggressor is NATO, not the Russian Federation, which simply feels in danger.

This was stated by the French presidential candidate from the Unconquered France party, Jean-Luc Melenchon.
According to him, NATO countries have deployed in Poland "a bunch of missiles and missile defense systems that threaten 75 percent of the Russian defense system."

Naturally, after that, Russia perceives the actions of the Alliance as aggression.

• Disagree
Reactions: xyz
The real aggressor is NATO, not the Russian Federation, which simply feels in danger.

This was stated by the French presidential candidate from the Unconquered France party, Jean-Luc Melenchon.
According to him, NATO countries have deployed in Poland "a bunch of missiles and missile defense systems that threaten 75 percent of the Russian defense system."

Naturally, after that, Russia perceives the actions of the Alliance as aggression.
But nato did not deploy more weapons and troops into Poland until after Putin "assimilated" donbass . And even then, new troops and wearons were not deployed until Putin began massing troops.

And even now Poland has not begun receiving our refurbished M-1 tanks.

It may be that Putin thought Nato would agree to remove assets from Poland and the Baltics and agree to never allow Ukraine into Nato. And actually, Nato has no plans for Ukraine.

No one can rationally think that France, Germany, Italy, the Dutch and Belgium will give up natl gas just to invade Russia through Ukraine. Putin may be able to see that shit in Russia, but .... it's ludicrous. Biden surely doesn't want Putin to actually invade. The US is already teetering on recession. The dems did the impossible and found inflation. The Fed is accellarting raising interest rates to kill off the dem's created consumer demand. If Putin kills 50k Ukranians and sends thousands of refugees streaming out of Ukraine, the EU will have to absorb the financial costs. A european recession would spread to the US.

But the consequences for Russia and Putin might actually be worse. Ukrainian attacks on Russia's occupying forces? Rising consumer prices in Russia?

Maybe Biden's rang the invasion bell so often that if Putin doesn't invade, Biden can claim the bigger swinging dick.

There's a Russian expression that directly translates into this cartoon. Given that it was drawn by a Dutch I take it they have something similar too. What would be the English version if any?

I guess it all depends on whether europe will give up 40% of its gas.

And in the past month, Biden's tossed the underwater pipeline from Israel into greece and sided with Turkey of all places to push the pipeline from the Israeli offshore gas fields

Some strange developments are unfolding in Donbass. The leaders of separatists a couple of hours ago announced evacuation of local population to Russia. Heavy shelling is reported along the frontline. It seems that Putin is being chased down to a corner.

It seems that Putin is being chased down to a corner.
I read the memoirs of a german soldier. He recalled how on the night of the nazi attack on the USSR, a soldier shot himself in their platoon. Tension and fear became insurmountable for him. It seems that the ukrainian bandits, who were assured of the inevitability of a russian attack, are going to commit a similar suicide

There's a Russian expression that directly translates into this cartoon. Given that it was drawn by a Dutch I take it they have something similar too. What would be the English version if any?

Dickhead. Although probably better, just "dick". Video not translated correctly.

Last edited:
Dickhead. Although probably better, just "dick". Video not translated correctly.

The expression I had in mind literally translates into English as "to lay a dick on something" meaning, putting it mildly, "to not care in the slightest about the thing", so the Ukrainian dickheads chanting their anti-Putin spell don't relate to the cartoon in question. ;)

Biden wagging the dog
Precisely! Russia has raised the issue that the state of things on its borders should return to 1997, when NATO broke its promise not to move east. Ukraine is a small fish in this matter. But it is about her and about the "attack" on her by Russia that Western politicians and the media are shouting. The goal is to divert attention from Russia's main demand - to ensure security at its borders.
That is why Western politicians want to provoke a war between Russia and Ukraine, so that then immediately, the media subordinate to them began shouting bloody murder and cursing Russia. Not noticing any crimes of the Kiev military...
"How can you retreat before Putin's bloody regime!! NATO - (and the US leadership role in NATO and Europe) must be strengthened!!! (And American liquefied gas should replace Russian, natural and cheaper)

Last edited:
Is he now in bad situation?

Thing is, Putin has done everything he can to pretend it wasn't an invasion at all. So, at home it probably wouldn't impact him.

But he still looks like he wants to invade. But this is the THIRD TIME in the last year that he's done this. He's looking to get what he wants, he probably doesn't want to invade because he knows what problems this will cause, but he wants people to think he will until NATO says it'll give up on the Ukraine.

Who was President when Putin annexed Crimea?
Yanukovych. A legally, democratically elected president of Ukraine. Which was confirmed by Western observers. But they did everything so that an armed coup took place and the Nazi gangs began to establish their "new order" in Ukraine. Many regions opposed this, but only the people of Crimea and Donbass were able to oppose this regime and win.

The expression I had in mind literally translates into English as "to lay a dick on something" meaning, putting it mildly, "to not care in the slightest about the thing", so the Ukrainian dickheads chanting their anti-Putin spell don't relate to the cartoon in question. ;)
This expression?

I believe that's "fuck off". Or are you thinking of some other expression?

What language does the chick speak? Can't they find the one who speaks English?
English is the official language of India, several islands in the West Indies, Guayana, Belize, several African countries and some other former British colonies.

Might as well complain at how they speak Russian in Transnistria if that bothers you.

Also, if you guys are watching Russian media, they're lying to you. The Russian forces have not been fighting just in Donbass, it's an all out invasion of Ukraine.

Forum List

Back