Has Noah's Ark Been Found on Turkish Mountaintop?

Seems like all of the old religions in that area have a myth about a great flood.
Perhaps it is from when the mediterranean flooded the black sea area after an ice age?

They do have evidence on the Mediterranean's floor that it had almost completely dried up when cut off from the Atlantic and when the Atlantic broke thru again, it filled up to it's current level very quickly for its size.

Every major civilization on the planet, every single one from the Jews to the Sumarians to the Aztecs has a legend of the Flood, every single one except Progressives, who believe that life on Earth began when FDR was elected.

Why didn't the lions eat the giraffes on Noah's Ark?

There are 900,000 different types of insects. How was Noah able to collect them all? How was he able to know which were male and which were female? He must have been one heck of a biologist.

Why didn't the lions eat the giraffes on Noah's Ark?

There are 900,000 different types of insects. How was Noah able to collect them all? How was he able to know which were male and which were female? He must have been one heck of a biologist.
They ate the Unicorns and dinosaurs.

And if you look at it from another perspective, Noah's nothing more than the custodian and janitor. God's the biologist. He is the one who sent them.

Last edited:
Seems like all of the old religions in that area have a myth about a great flood.
Perhaps it is from when the mediterranean flooded the black sea area after an ice age?

They do have evidence on the Mediterranean's floor that it had almost completely dried up when cut off from the Atlantic and when the Atlantic broke thru again, it filled up to it's current level very quickly for its size.

Yep same thing for the black sea.

The remains of Noah's Ark have been discovered 13,000 feet up a Turkish mountain -- according to a sensational claim by evangelical explorers.

Noah%27s%20Ark_doomsday_604x341.jpg

A group of Chinese and Turkish evangelical explorers say wooden remains they have discovered on Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey are the remains of Noah's Ark.

The group claims that carbon dating proves the relics are 4,800 years old, meaning they date to around the same time the ark was said to be afloat. Mt. Ararat has long been suspected as the final resting place of the craft by evangelicals and literalists hoping to validate biblical stories.

Yeung Wing-Cheung, from the Noah's Ark Ministries International research team that made the discovery, said: "It's not 100 percent that it is Noah's Ark, but we think it is 99.9 percent that this is it."

FOXNews.com - Has Noah's Ark Been Found on Turkish Mountaintop?

For those of us who pay attention, this is old news. The remains were found years ago, but the Turkish government wouldn't let anyone go up the mountain to see the remains.

I think they found a pair of Benjamin Franklins wooden false teeth inside the ark.

and geronimo's skull.

Can you not accept that they have found some type of a building on Mt Ararat that dates back 4,000 years and is well worth studying?

Good grief, you don't have to believe in Noah's ark to find something that is 4,000 years old and made out of wood on the top of a mountain interesting.

I think they found a pair of Benjamin Franklins wooden false teeth inside the ark.

and geronimo's skull.

Can you not accept that they have found some type of a building on Mt Ararat that dates back 4,000 years and is well worth studying?

Good grief, you don't have to believe in Noah's ark to find something that is 4,000 years old and made out of wood on the top of a mountain interesting.

Back when the climate was warmer a military watch outpost may well have been on the mountain. That photo looks a bit small for an ark. Perhaps in a Chinese mine?

But yes worth studying. And thanks for bringing the date into perspective.

Not to mention did they know how to treat wood back then? Sure, it was high up in the atmosphere, but to last almost 5000 out in the open (or even underground) without perishing immediately? Riiiiggghhhhttttt.....

Not to mention did they know how to treat wood back then? Sure, it was high up in the atmosphere, but to last almost 5000 out in the open (or even underground) without perishing immediately? Riiiiggghhhhttttt.....

Okay, I watched a documentary on this some years ago when it was first discovered. It became visible after a glacier melted. The Turkish government at the time wouldn't let anyone on the mountain to investigate but they were able to see the object (I believe it was in two pieces) when flying over by plane. A local man and his son had climbed the mountain and claimed they found something which is why the plane. I don't remember all the facts and I don't know why Turkey has all of a sudden allowed exploration of the area.

of course... if God is real... He couldn't POSSIBLY have protected it. That's just silly for an omnipotent God to be able to protect wood if he so desired.

Kinda begs the question now doesn't it? Either it is a fraud, because there's no way it could have survived so many millenia unprotected.... or there is a God?

Hmmmm.... things that make you go...

Apparently you've never heard of petrified wood. I blame our public schools.

Very true. We are talking about the Alps/Himalayas/Urals... whichever... And those high mountains are incredibly dry considering and have been known to preserve things for a long long time. Of course if a glacier was on it... who knows?

Regardless... fantastic circumstances.

Very true. We are talking about the Alps/Himalayas/Urals... whichever... And those high mountains are incredibly dry considering and have been known to preserve things for a long long time. Of course if a glacier was on it... who knows?

Regardless... fantastic circumstances.

Apparently you've never heard of petrified wood. I blame our public schools.

I have. Thus the mention of the atmosphere and being underground..

...and as if petrified wood is 'must-learn'....:rolleyes:

of course... if God is real... He couldn't POSSIBLY have protected it. That's just silly for an omnipotent God to be able to protect wood if he so desired.

Kinda begs the question now doesn't it? Either it is a fraud, because there's no way it could have survived so many millenia unprotected.... or there is a God?

Hmmmm.... things that make you go...

But there is no god...so your argument fails. If a god did exist he'd make sure an ark's wood survived, because you know, it is such an important thing to do with so much else going on in the world...

and geronimo's skull.

i will accept this story after i've read it 101 times, maybe.

thanks for your concern.

Forum List

Back