Has anyone tried one of these or have one?

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Looking at a De'Longhi Eletta Espresso Cappuccino fully automatic.
I have a Rancilio Silvia Espresso maker but it's kind of a pain in the ass to get it going properly. Normally you end up tossing your first two shots down the sink before it heats up and starts making a decent Espresso.
The De'Longhi seems far easier to use and it makes a bunch of different varieties of coffee drinks without the hassle.
And on the really plus side I can get it for $1800 as Costco rather than $2500 they want for it direct from De'Longhi.

Normally you end up tossing your first two shots down the sink before it heats up and starts making a decent Espresso.

Well, if it is the extra versatility you seek, I think you've already answered your own question! But what happens if you just give your Rancilio Silvia a few more minutes to fully heat up?

You don't have to hold your pinkie up to enjoy that.

Good thing too. I got my paws around my industrial size coffee mug like a bear huggin honey and I ain't got the patience for such niceties in the morning.

Me and my morning hair are a rough bunch first thing in the morning.

Good thing too. I got my paws around my industrial size coffee mug like a bear huggin honey and I ain't got the patience for such niceties in the morning.

Me and my morning hair are a rough bunch first thing in the morning.
Accidentally sloshing some hot Mickey D coffee on my nuts always used to get my eyes open when I was working.

Well, if it is the extra versatility you seek, I think you've already answered your own question! But what happens if you just give your Rancilio Silvia a few more minutes to fully heat up?

Believe me,I've tried everything to get it to work properly right off the bat.
I've pre heated everything by running hot water through it to get the head up to temp,even went as far as putting it in boiling water.
You can get it to work but it's a royal pain in the ass.
It does make a great espresso but you have to work to get one and it turns into a 30 minute job.
And with my fucked up hip I cant stand for more than 15 minutes without it hurting like a mofo and thats with morphine.

Accidentally sloshing some hot Mickey D coffee on my nuts always used to get my eyes open when I was working.

Mickey D coffee in my lap would have sent me straight to the headliner of my truck.

Believe me,I've tried everything to get it to work properly right off the bat.
I've pre heated everything by running hot water through it to get the head up to temp,even went as far as putting it in boiling water.
You can get it to work but it's a royal pain in the ass.
It does make a great espresso but you have to work to get one and it turns into a 30 minute job.
And with my fucked up hip I cant stand for more than 15 minutes without it hurting like a mofo and thats with morphine.

Looks to me like the Rancilio Silvia was optimized for continuous production like a commercial unit, no matter what they claim. I suspect the problem is the overbuilt single boiler design that takes up to an hour before it reaches thermal stability.

I got a 15 buck walmart special and some folgers.
Living in the lap of luxury.

Personally, I rarely drink coffee anymore. I drink it when I'm tired and want to stay awake for another hour or so before I go to sleep.

I realized that I was addicted to caffeine and quit. I would drink two pots of coffee first thing in the morning, and then grab a 48 ounce coffee at a convenience store on the way to work. I would even put ice in it so I could guzzle it even faster. And also had a Stanley Thermos that I would fill with coffee.

If you wake up groggy in the morning and feel like you just cannot function properly before you get a cup of coffee, you're definitely addicted.

Last edited:
Looks to me like the Rancilio Silvia was optimized for continuous production like a commercial unit, no matter what they claim. I suspect the problem is the overbuilt single boiler design that takes up to an hour before it reaches thermal stability.

Yeah...kind of a stupid design for whats supposed to be a home unit.
I kinda knew going in that it wasn't super user friendly for a noob but even after figuring out the right grind and tamping pressure to prevent blowouts it's still a pain in the ass.
Looking for something to make it easy so I'll use it more often.
This thing even kicks out the used puck into a bin, and tamping is automatic.
Really like the milk/foam container. When your done it comes right off and you just put it in the fridge.
And it self cleans after every use.

I've tried several espresso makers last Christmas, but ended up returning them and just making it the old fashion way of my Italian grandfather ...every morning at 6am!

1671051159974.png

I've tried several espresso makers last Christmas, but ended up returning them and just making it the old fashion way of my Italian grandfather ...every morning at 6am!

View attachment 738590

It doesnt make real Espresso but a facsimile of it.
And it's very limited in what you can make with it.
They do however make a decent cup of strong coffee.

I'm looking for a machine that can make multiple types of coffee drinks with the push of a button and so far the DeLongia is the best option I've found.
And it's self cleaning. Everytime you make a cup it runs hot water through it before the coffee can dry and set.

WooHoo!!!
Just ordered the DeLonghi machine and it should be here next Wednesday.
Was going to order it last night and found that our Costco card expired last month.
The Wife stopped on Her way home and re upped the card.
The sale ends tomorrow so we were cutting it a bit close.
I can also verify that Costco can save you a shitload of money!!
Costco price $1700 bucks vs. Delongia price of $2499 bucks!!!
That alone will pay for our membership for more than a decade.

Forum List

Back