Has anyone seen John Stossel's "Freeloaders" program?

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
I watched it over the weekend and it's something EVERYONE needs to see.

They start with panhandlers and work their way up to corporations and their CEOs making business decisions based on how much money they can swindle from US taxpayers from the government. It's quite enlightening and shows how completely out of control Washington really is.

The farm subsidies segment was particularly interesting, showing how John Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen pay $200 and ZERO respectively in annual taxes for hundreds of acres of land, while their neighboring ordinary citizens pay thousands...all thanks to agricultural subsidies.

I highly recommend it; if more people see the ridiculous spending and how the government uses our tax dollars to pick winners and losers instead of letting the free market work, we'd vote those from both parties that are responsible for the fiscal insanity that is Washington.

Watched it and loved it. It really did sum up the Freeloader Entitlement crowd perfectly. They really do think it's perfectly acceptable to feel they're entitled to someone else's hard-earned money. They could care less that they're stealing from others. Unfortunately the Democrats have created Millions & Millions of these Freeloaders. All to lock in those Votes on Election Day. It really is very sad. Stossel is great. I hope he takes over for Beck when he leaves. He gives you a whole new & refreshing approach on things. There's no one else like him on TV. 'Freeloaders' was brilliant.

Ironically, he said the biggest freeloaders of all were the Corporations.

I enjoyed it especially because he spared no one. He exposed the Freeloaders from bottom to top. I hope he gets to do more specials like this one.

This is why we need a new Grace Commission to stop all of this waste!!!

We need someone to dig in and read all the fine print, and track where every dollar goes.

They start with panhandlers and work their way up to corporations and their CEOs making business decisions based on how much money they can swindle from US taxpayers from the government. It's quite enlightening and shows how completely out of control Washington really is.

The farm subsidies segment was particularly interesting, showing how John Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen pay $200 and ZERO respectively in annual taxes for hundreds of acres of land, while their neighboring ordinary citizens pay thousands...all thanks to agricultural subsidies.

I highly recommend it; if more people see the ridiculous spending and how the government uses our tax dollars to pick winners and losers instead of letting the free market work, we'd vote those from both parties that are responsible for the fiscal insanity that is Washington.

Well at least he is consistent. Thinking he was just going to attack all democrat welfare programs and ignore the republican welfare programs.

As you have seen, democratic programs help people directly. Thats why they are better.

Well at least he is consistent. Thinking he was just going to attack all democrat welfare programs and ignore the republican welfare programs.

As you have seen, democratic programs help people directly. Thats why they are better.

yes, like the Indians, the gov. helped them a whole lot and they're doing just great eh?

I thought the segment that compared the results of the two Indian tribes, one based on government paternalism, and the other based on capitalism,...very telling.

One results in shacks and poverty, the other in veritable mansions.

I thought the segment that compared the results of the two Indian tribes, one based on government paternalism, and the other based on capitalism,...very telling.

One results in shacks and poverty, the other in veritable mansions.

but "democratic programs help people directly"!!!!!!!

yes, like the Indians, the gov. helped them a whole lot and they're doing just great eh?

Oh stop with this indian crap. We won, they lost. Deal with it.

I vote for free market and no regulations. It worked so well recently with wall street.

(Please keep in mind, the republicans are the ones who almost put us in another depression pre 2008). Are your memories that short. You are going to take advise from a party that almost bankrupted this entire country?

Wow.

Corportations that pay no taxes. Extending the bush tax cuts for the rich. These have to stop. It did not work in the past and it is actully and truly a time for change.

Ironically, he said the biggest freeloaders of all were the Corporations.

Exactly and of course the new so called budget introduced by the republicans wont do anything about this. NOTHING. They know where their bread is buttered.

They were here first. The feds broke every peace treaty. The native Americans were just trying to live a peaceful existence.

They were here first. The feds broke every peace treaty. The native Americans were just trying to live a peaceful existence.

Yep just goes to show that smaller govt does not work.
If the Indians had bigger govt to keep out those illegal immigrants.
Sigh but they were libertarians.
See what that gets ya?

Someone once said that the difference between Conservatives and Liberals was that Conservatives are constantly paranoid about individuals stealing from the government, ("welfare queens"), and Liberals are constantly paranoid about corporations stealing from the government.

I wonder where more money goes?

Forum List

Back