Has anyone seen John Stossel's "Freeloaders" program?

I watched it over the weekend and it's something EVERYONE needs to see.

They start with panhandlers and work their way up to corporations and their CEOs making business decisions based on how much money they can swindle from US taxpayers from the government. It's quite enlightening and shows how completely out of control Washington really is.

The farm subsidies segment was particularly interesting, showing how John Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen pay $200 and ZERO respectively in annual taxes for hundreds of acres of land, while their neighboring ordinary citizens pay thousands...all thanks to agricultural subsidies.

I highly recommend it; if more people see the ridiculous spending and how the government uses our tax dollars to pick winners and losers instead of letting the free market work, we'd vote those from both parties that are responsible for the fiscal insanity that is Washington.
I vote for free market and no regulations. It worked so well recently with wall street.

(Please keep in mind, the republicans are the ones who almost put us in another depression pre 2008). Are your memories that short. You are going to take advise from a party that almost bankrupted this entire country?

Wow.

Corportations that pay no taxes. Extending the bush tax cuts for the rich. These have to stop. It did not work in the past and it is actully and truly a time for change.

"(Please keep in mind, the republicans are the ones who almost put us in another depression pre 2008"

FDR: Fanny and Freddy; Carter: CRA; Clinton, Cuomo, HUD; Chris Dodd, Barney Frank.

So...which were the Republicans again?

I watched it over the weekend and it's something EVERYONE needs to see.

They start with panhandlers and work their way up to corporations and their CEOs making business decisions based on how much money they can swindle from US taxpayers from the government. It's quite enlightening and shows how completely out of control Washington really is.

The farm subsidies segment was particularly interesting, showing how John Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen pay $200 and ZERO respectively in annual taxes for hundreds of acres of land, while their neighboring ordinary citizens pay thousands...all thanks to agricultural subsidies.

I highly recommend it; if more people see the ridiculous spending and how the government uses our tax dollars to pick winners and losers instead of letting the free market work, we'd vote those from both parties that are responsible for the fiscal insanity that is Washington.
I vote for free market and no regulations. It worked so well recently with wall street.

(Please keep in mind, the republicans are the ones who almost put us in another depression pre 2008). Are your memories that short. You are going to take advise from a party that almost bankrupted this entire country?

Wow.

Corportations that pay no taxes. Extending the bush tax cuts for the rich. These have to stop. It did not work in the past and it is actully and truly a time for change.

"(Please keep in mind, the republicans are the ones who almost put us in another depression pre 2008"

FDR: Fanny and Freddy; Carter: CRA; Clinton, Cuomo, HUD; Chris Dodd, Barney Frank.

So...which were the Republicans again?

You got that right.

The Dems like to pretend they had nothing to do with it. Funny how facts get in the way of a good lie ain't it??

Stossel's Freeloaders was great. It showed that both the rich and the poor take advantage of any and all money the Govt wants to throw their way. Our hard earned money folks. He even highlighted himself on that one.

They need to end all subsidies, tax loopholes and tax breaks for one and all.

It would be nice if Welfare took that same ride as well though that will never happen. Too many bleeding hearts out there who have no problem throwing our hardearned money down that bottomless pit and there are plenty of freeloaders with their hand out to take it.

I always enjoy Stossels specials.

Seems like the less you need money the more of it you can get from the gummit.

Which is kind of the point. How the hell do card carrying liberals, like Springstein, justify taking money he does not need in subsidies he did not contribute towards. Does that not make you just a tad pissed at the liberal attitude? I adore Springstein.... his music rocks... but there is no way in hell that he should be taking farm subsidies.

My Dad's Accountant told him he qualified for a farm subsidy. He told them no.

What the fuck is the matter with people that they steal money from those who actually need and deserve it?

Actually libturds, what Stossel did was show us the difference in indian tribes that took all the gov handouts they could get,, those were the destitute, alchoholic downtrodden tribes, and then a tribe who took nothing, they became self reliant, industrious, creative entreprenurs.. and guess what??? they're fucking millionaires..

Forum List

Back