Has anyone gotten texts to vote?

So at work today everyone seemed to be getting texts to vote, but they had no idea where they were coming from. However, I noticed that some did not. The one thing they had in common that did not get a text was, they were white males.

Coincidence?

Anyone else experience this?

Guess not. I had 5 before 6AM today. Got 11 more during the work day.

So at work today everyone seemed to be getting texts to vote, but they had no idea where they were coming from. However, I noticed that some did not. The one thing they had in common that did not get a text was, they were white males.

Coincidence?

I have not received any on my three phones area code 307, 864, 847

Wyoming, upstate south Carolina and part of cook county illinois.

Coincidence?

Nope. Haven't gotten one but I' heartily sick of the TV and radio adds.

I am a white male in suburban NJ and Registered Democrat. I received a text urging me to vote from a sender purported to be Vote.org. . The number was from the 828 area code which is North Carolina.

I became suspicious when I saw that I was being told that I should vote at a location that is 28 miles away in a city in another county.

The sender provided a link where I could look it up for myself -but being cautious since I was not sure of the source- did not click on it.

Instead, I went the official Vote.org website and saw that the link provided there to look up your pol location was different than the one provided in the text . Using that link gave me the correct information which I already knew.

I replied to the text informing the sender of the erroneous information and received a "sorry" reply . I responded by musing about the number of others who may have been misled and asking if they were Russians, or a Roger Stone trickster. No further reply by the sender as of now

Some voters "voter registration" expired due to non-usage over time I'm guessing. Now why does any Americans voter registration ever expire ??? What is the reason for this ??

An Americans right to vote should never expire in my opinion.

How bad a problem is this in America ??

I have family members who said their registration was expired, and a deadline to re-register had passed for them. Said they can't vote because of this.... Hmmmm.

Forum List

Back