Has ACA died?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
The states that have functioning state exchanges will continue for a while to have local Ocare but DC in general and Obama in particular seem to have written off the ACA as political suicide with this latest delay of mandate. Does this mean that the program is rapidly becoming a dead letter?

The states that have functioning state exchanges will continue for a while to have local Ocare but DC in general and Obama in particular seem to have written off the ACA as political suicide with this latest delay of mandate. Does this mean that the program is rapidly becoming a dead letter?

Where are the 48 million that needed it.
So far they are nowhere to be found.
Where are the young healthy people that they need to fund this....
Obama keeps cancelling parts of his own law...

Has ACA died?

Nope, it is being amended and massaged, just like most govt programs.

I don't recall Congress passing any amendments, when did that happen?

Jake an ardent Obama supporter who has admitted voting for him believes that THIS President has the Constitutional Authority to change, abrogate or rewrite any law as he see's fit.

Yes, it is dying a slow lingering death, and here in Oregon, it has been another wasteful government spending program that doesn't work.

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/art...ust-watch-Cover-Oregon-morphs-into-CYA-Oregon

Here in Oregon, where two steps forward and three steps back is considered to be “progress,” a liberal Democratic governor and Legislature have spent $200 million of our tax dollars on a health-care insurance website exchange that doesn’t even work.

Two hundred million dollars. This is an outrage. This is our hard-earned, good money that could have been spent on our decaying infrastructure, jobs programs, public education or, heavens, maybe even feed a hungry kid or 2 million.

It remains to be seen whether or not Democrats will pay a political price
for this level of failure, deceit and controversy, but criminal charges are what really need to be considered.

Watch now as the Democrats, CEOs and administrators who gave us Cover Oregon continue to scatter and run from the truth, and their vaunted version of Mr. Obama’s signature, disastrous Unaffordable Care Act morphs into a new program called CYA Oregon.

Yes, it is dying a slow lingering death, and here in Oregon, it has been another wasteful government spending program that doesn't work.

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/art...ust-watch-Cover-Oregon-morphs-into-CYA-Oregon

Here in Oregon, where two steps forward and three steps back is considered to be “progress,” a liberal Democratic governor and Legislature have spent $200 million of our tax dollars on a health-care insurance website exchange that doesn’t even work.

Two hundred million dollars. This is an outrage. This is our hard-earned, good money that could have been spent on our decaying infrastructure, jobs programs, public education or, heavens, maybe even feed a hungry kid or 2 million.

It remains to be seen whether or not Democrats will pay a political price
for this level of failure, deceit and controversy, but criminal charges are what really need to be considered.

Watch now as the Democrats, CEOs and administrators who gave us Cover Oregon continue to scatter and run from the truth, and their vaunted version of Mr. Obama’s signature, disastrous Unaffordable Care Act morphs into a new program called CYA Oregon.
I thought that was the title with Your Ass omitted in advertising.

Has ACA died?

Nope, it is being amended and massaged, just like most govt programs.

Jake an ardent Obama supporter who has admitted voting for him believes that THIS President has the Constitutional Authority to change, abrogate or rewrite any law as he see's fit.

(1) I do believe any president has the power to administer any government program.

(2) Antares cannot prove any admission by me; to the contrary, I supported McCain and Romney and voted for them.

(3) Antares is pissed that the greed of his industry will cost him a good paying job.

(1) I do believe any president has the power to administer any government program.

(2) Antares cannot prove any admission by me; to the contrary, I supported McCain and Romney and voted for them.

(3) Antares is pissed that the greed of his industry will cost him a good paying job.

You supported Romney?!?

I have you in your own words telling me you voted for Obama, and you have REPEATEDLY told everyone that Obama has the power and authority to do what he is doing.

Stop lying.

I just came across this little piece of information: (the link name is from the main story on the page.)

Morning Plum: Ted Cruz would love to debate immigration reform in 2015
GOP PRIMARY POLITICS IMPERILS HEALTH CARE FOR 250,000 PEOPLE: Must-read: The New York Times reports that Arkansas’s plans for its own version of a Medicaid expansion that would expand health care to as many as a quarter of million people may be in trouble. State GOP leaders support the plan, but individual lawmakers under pressure in primaries are balking:

Though Republican legislative leaders support the plan, which would bring $915 million in federal funds to the state this year, any policy linked to the health care law remains anathema to many conservative voters. “Nobody at the State Capitol likes the Affordable Care Act,” said Representative Davy Carter, the Republican House speaker. “But you can’t ignore it and run from it. So we are dealing with the issue with the best interest of the state of Arkansas in mind.”

Wait, what? Even GOP leaders say this would be good for the state, but conservative voters oppose it, anyway? The plan may still survive, the Times notes, and meanwhile, other similar efforts to expand Medicaid (while achieving some distance from Obamacare) are underway in several other states.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/11/u...-medicaid-plan-could-be-derailed.html?hp&_r=0

Forum List

Back