Harry Reid in 2010: “I carried a gun with me everywhere I went”; Update: Feinstein in

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
well well
links and pictures at site

SNIP:
posted at 11:21 am on December 19, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

How would a politician who argued today that guns “bring us together” and gave personal testimony to using handguns for personal protection be greeted by Democrats like Harry Reid? Why not ask Reid himself — or at least the 2010 version of Harry Reid, discovered by BuzzFeed’s Andrew Kaczynski? Appearing with then-NRA VP Wayne LaPierre at an opening of a shooting park in Clark County, Nevada, Reid fondly recalled the days of sport shooting with his three brothers, and how Reid protected himself against “a lot of bad people” while serving on the Nevada Gaming Commission:

At the time, Reid opposed the renewal of the so-called “assault weapons” ban. It probably wouldn’t have gone anywhere that year anyway, since Republicans controlled the Senate and George W. Bush was in the White House. However, Reid’s opposition undercut any serious effort on the part of Democrats that year to keep the law in force.

Now, of course, Reid isevolving on the issue, but Reid’s own personal experiences are just as relevant today as in 2004.

Meanwhile, National Journal reports that there seems to be some bipartisan consensus on restrictions of magazines and background checks that could result in legislation:

all of it here
Harry Reid in 2010: “I carried a gun with me everywhere I went”; Update: Feinstein in 1995, too « Hot Air

Biden and his Beretta

[ame=http://youtu.be/XcyLeOm6yGc]Biden and his Beretta - YouTube[/ame]

comments at site

Forum List

Back