Hardball: 4 Lib Justices + 1 'Conservative= Kelo It's GW's Fault!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Moonbats at full power, 3rd letter down. What we need is more liberal judges?????:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/letters.asp

Blame Bush, not liberals

My friend Joseph Farah is 100 percent right that the Supreme Court ruling against homeowners and their property is an outrage. But as I read on the WND website the usual accusations about "activist judges" and "liberals," I wonder if conservatives could just step back for a second and look at what has really happened.

It seems to me this ruling is more an example of pandering to big business, rather than an example of liberal philosophy. Most liberals I know are quite opposed to the takeover of so much of our life by giant and impersonal conglomerates, and object to how these corporations make it impossible for family-run businesses to compete.

Many of you have turned "liberals" into the convenient scapegoats for everything, but you can lay this one at the feet of the Bush administration. There has not been a more corporation-friendly president in years. The results are frightening if you are an average working person: It's harder to file for bankruptcy, credit-card interest can go as high as 30 percent with nothing you can do about it, gas prices continue to skyrocket, lobbyists have inordinate influence in writing our laws, and American jobs keep getting outsourced.

But readers of WND, instead of admitting that this president and the Republican-led Congress have made only rich people their top priority and ignored everyone else, continue to blame "activist judges and liberals." The mind boggles.

I fully expect to be disagreed with, and I'm ready. But before you tell me I'm wrong, please think about what I've said. Many of you love this president, and while we may never agree about that, please look at the policies that led to the disgraceful Supreme Court ruling – and liberals didn't do it. Greed did it, and isn't it shameful that we generate so little outrage about the selfishness and corruption of our political leaders – and not just our liberal political leaders.

Joseph Farah is right that the Supreme Court should be ashamed, but he is wrong to expect the Bush administration to do anything about it. Why would the president and the Congress disrupt their pattern of favoring big business at the expense of the rest of us?

Donna L. Halper

Forum List

Back