Gerald Ford was a good president for America., I rate him very highly.

Jun 26, 2005
Ontario, Canada eh?
He was a competent man and pulled America out of the Watergate mess. I know he pardoned Nixon, but Nixon learned his lesson anyway. No one really wants a president in jail. He had to resign in humilatilion, isn't that enough? Everyone needs to be forgiven, like the Lord says. And Ford couldn't govern with the Watergate trials going on.

Ford finished the American witdrawal from Saigon. He tried to get America out of the recession but couldn't control it. He tried to get his budget ideas through, but the short-sighted Democrats wouldn't let him. The big tax cuts he proposed would have been perfect for the recession of the mid 70s.

Although he wasn't the most charmastic speaker, he got his message though. What-you-see-is-what-you-get was a classic style of his. He was clumsy at times yes, notably for the many times he fell down the stairs of Airforce One. But everyone falls now and again. It was pathetic how much the press kicked on his clumsiness. Still I guess it's alittle embarassing when the leader of the free world falls down the stairs of his own airplane.

Gerald Ford was a good president and should have won the election of 1976 against Jimmy Carter. He's one of my favourite and highly rated presidents.

Big Blue Machin said:
He was a competent man and pulled America out of the Watergate mess. I know he pardoned Nixon, but Nixon learned his lesson anyway. No one really wants a president in jail. He had to resign in humilatilion, isn't that enough? Everyone needs to be forgiven, like the Lord says. And Ford couldn't govern with the Watergate trials going on.

Ford finished the American witdrawal from Saigon. He tried to get America out of the recession but couldn't control it. He tried to get his budget ideas through, but the short-sighted Democrats wouldn't let him. The big tax cuts he proposed would have been perfect for the recession of the mid 70s.

Although he wasn't the most charmastic speaker, he got his message though. What-you-see-is-what-you-get was a classic style of his. He was clumsy at times yes, notably for the many times he fell down the stairs of Airforce One. But everyone falls now and again. It was pathetic how much the press kicked on his clumsiness. Still I guess it's alittle embarassing when the leader of the free world falls down the stairs of his own airplane.

Gerald Ford was a good president and should have won the election of 1976 against Jimmy Carter. He's one of my favourite and highly rated presidents.

that Ford would have definetly been a better President than Jimmy"Peanut"Carter...however "he finished the withdrawl from Saigon" this was his downfall....only the tie dyed t-shirt crowd wanted this....most if not all Vietnam Vet's wanted to finish the job...Ford caved into political pressure! :cry:

Big Blue Machin said:
No, I don't actually. I'm 17 years of age.

What do you think of my topic, agree/disagree?
My opinion is that Ford was a nice guy, probably helped the country get over Nixon. Not much else good to say about him, as the pardon effectively kept him from accomplishing anything else. I'm sorry he's been sick.

Big Blue Machin said:
Ford had to finsih up in Vietnam. The country was falling apart.

the Vietnam issue was never finished...we bailed out under political pressure...
We were by all means winning all of the battles...even the NVA agreed with this...thank Jane "Hanoi"Fonda et al for the withdrawl....now the N/Vietnam government is kissing ass to the US to bring back all the lost revenue...now you tell me why is this? :scratch:

archangel said:
the Vietnam issue was never finished...we bailed out under political pressure...
We were by all means winning all of the battles...even the NVA agreed with this...thank Jane "Hanoi"Fonda et al for the withdrawl....now the N/Vietnam government is kissing ass to the US to bring back all the lost revenue...now you tell me why is this? :scratch:

Umm, Big Blue, you won't see this often in all likelihood, but I concur with Archangel. Why was this?

Big Blue Machin said:
We were never going to win in Vietnam. A little longer with more troops was never going to work.

"WE"??? Canada was there???? Please enlighten us.

Yup, and I read his great autobiography, "A Time to Heal". It covers everything about his life, his politics, and other things. It shows how useless the Democrats in Congress were, they wouldn't let him do anything.

Kathianne said:
"WE"??? Canada was there???? Please enlighten us.

The French were the only ones who got their butts kicked in Vietnam....The US and allies were forced out under political pressure not military failure...Again even the NVA said a little longer and they would have had to put their tails betwen their legs and made tracks for N/Vietnam and China! :rolleyes:

Big Blue Machin said:
I say we as in Americans. Canada was officially not in, but 30,000 Canadians went over the border to sign up and fight.

Yes, and I know a few of them personally.

Now tell me future premier of Ontario, which party would you be representing?

Big Blue Machin said:
I say we as in Americans. Canada was officially not in, but 30,000 Canadians went over the border to sign up and fight.

Sorry sonny I was a Vietnam era vet US Army 1964-1968...and I distinctly remember Canadian troops (In uniform) in Vietnam...and they did a very good job! :bangheads

archangel said:
Sorry sonny I was a Vietnam era vet US Army 1964-1968...and I distinctly remember Canadian troops (In uniform) in Vietnam...and they did a very good job! :bangheads

Canadian uniforms, really?

Were there any Somalians there? Seriously, not joking.

Said1 said:
Canadian uniforms, really?

Were there any Somalians there? Seriously, not joking.

Ever hear about "Black ops"? Many countries were represented in Vietnam...some overt some covert...no more will be said(pun)! :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back