Happy St. Patrick's Day

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
Start early, end late.

kony-video-drunk-party-st-patricks-day-ecards-someecards.png

Thanks.

And happy St. Paddy's Day to all, especially all the wannabe Irish today.
Erin go braless!
/----/ My wife is half Irish and half Italian. Fortunately she got her cooking skills from the Italian side and her party skills from the Irish side. Best of both worlds. Today is our 45th annual St Paddy's Day party and we serve both Corned beef and cabbage (some boiled, some baked) with homemade Irish Soda Bread (Batter mix from scratch) and Baked Ziti.

Thanks.

Erin go braless!
/----/ Thank you from a German Swede who knows it's Paddy and not Patty

Then why is it not St. Padraic's day? Patrick is the anglicized Padraic. Paddy is the short form of Padraic...PaTTy is the short form of Patrick. I mean, think about it, what's the nick for Patrick..Pad?
However, I could very well be culturally incorrect. No one has ever accused the Irish of being intelligent.

Either way,
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Thanks.

Erin go braless!

Then why is it not St. Padraic's day? Patrick is the anglicized Padraic. Paddy is the short form of Padraic...PaTTy is the short form of Patrick. I mean, think about it, what's the nick for Patrick..Pad?
However, I could very well be culturally incorrect. No one has ever accused the Irish of being intelligent.

Either way,
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
/-----/
Which is correct St Patty's Day or St Paddy's Day?
Paddy is derived from the Irish, Pádraig: the source of those mysterious, emerald double-Ds. Patty is the diminutive of Patricia, or a burger, and just not something you call a fella. There isn't a sinner in Ireland that would refer to a Patrick as “Patty”. It's as simple as that. My wife's name is Patricia and some call her Patty for short. My friend is named Patrick and if you call him Patty he'll clean your clock.

Thanks.

Erin go braless!
/----/ My wife is half Irish and half Italian. Fortunately she got her cooking skills from the Italian side and her party skills from the Irish side. Best of both worlds. Today is our 45th annual St Paddy's Day party and we serve both Corned beef and cabbage (some boiled, some baked) with homemade Irish Soda Bread (Batter mix from scratch) and Baked Ziti.
Love Irish soda bread. Used to work with an Irish woman who brought it in every St. Patty's.

Thanks.

Erin go braless!

Either way,
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Maybe after a certain number of green beers, it just turns into Paddy

Forum List

Back