Happy Birthday President Reagan -

It was truly an HONOR to serve in the military when he was Commander In Chief. He brought PRIDE back to the services, following the dismal years under that jack-ass Carter.

Amazing.

What, exactly, did Reagan accomplish, in your view, that puts him ahead of Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, and Franklin Roosevelt, all of whom governed in the 20th century?

Amazing.

What, exactly, did Reagan accomplish, in your view, that puts him ahead of Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, and Franklin Roosevelt, all of whom governed in the 20th century?

Woodrow Wilson and FDR? sometime when someone accomplish something it doesn't mean it's a good thing. Sometimes it's very bad.

Amazing.

what did woodrow wilson accomplish other than having a stroke and letting his wife run the country?

i'll wait

Ronnie was just one more in a long line of repugnantcans who managed to make the flock believe he was a small government advocate when all he really was was a big government big spending hypocrite.

Amazing.

Woodrow Wilson and FDR? sometime when someone accomplish something it doesn't mean it's a good thing. Sometimes it's very bad.

Yes, well, that's my opinion about Reagan, too, in regard to almost all of what he actually did accomplish (as opposed to the myths like "he won the Cold War" or "he restored the economy").

To answer Del's question (I realize you didn't ask what Wilson accomplished), here's a list, without considering whether it was good or bad:

Federal Reserve Act
Federal Trade Commission Act
Clayton Antitrust Act
Federal Farm Loan Act
Income tax amendment
Women's suffrage amendment
Keating-Owen anti-child-labor act (declared unconstitutional in 1918)
Adamson Act (8-hour work day for railroad workers)

What Reagan actually accomplished was:

Flattening the income tax code, with increased taxes on the poor and middle class (notably taxing unemployment compensation and an increase in the payroll tax) while reducing taxes on the rich
Beginning the process of deregulating the financial industry
Nuclear arms reduction with the Soviet Union
Anti-union government labor policy
Massive increase in the peacetime federal deficit

I would consider all of those bad things except the third one, for which I do give him credit along with Gorbachev.

Amazing.

Yes, well, that's my opinion about Reagan, too, in regard to almost all of what he actually did accomplish (as opposed to the myths like "he won the Cold War" or "he restored the economy").

To answer Del's question (I realize you didn't ask what Wilson accomplished), here's a list, without considering whether it was good or bad:

Federal Reserve Act
Federal Trade Commission Act
Clayton Antitrust Act
Federal Farm Loan Act
Income tax amendment
Women's suffrage amendment
Keating-Owen anti-child-labor act (declared unconstitutional in 1918)
Adamson Act (8-hour work day for railroad workers)

What Reagan actually accomplished was:

Flattening the income tax code, with increased taxes on the poor and middle class (notably taxing unemployment compensation and an increase in the payroll tax) while reducing taxes on the rich
Beginning the process of deregulating the financial industry
Nuclear arms reduction with the Soviet Union
Anti-union government labor policy
Massive increase in the peacetime federal deficit

I would consider all of those bad things except the third one, for which I do give him credit along with Gorbachev.

thanks for that unbiased assessment. :thup:

:rofl:

thanks for that unbiased assessment. :thup:

:rofl:

If you can think of anything else of significance that Reagan did, by all means share it. :tongue:

i'm more amused by the list of *accomplishments* for wilson.

imo, they both sucked-wilson just pulled a little more vacuum

That's your personal opinion on whether they should have accomplished what they did. It remains a fact that they did.

Forum List

Back