Happiness by state ranking.

I've never bought into the whole "happiness" surveys. I've been living in the South most of my life, and working all over the country. Happy is what you make of it.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Red states are so unhappy. If I lived in one I’d be really unhappy too.

Red states are so unhappy. If I lived in one I’d be really unhappy too.

DEANTARD, you are the most angry and miserable person on this forum. IM2 is a close second. In fact, my conservative friends all seem much happier than my liberal friends.

I don't understand the quest for happiness. I don't think someone is happy all the time, unless they are on drugs or just plain stupid, lol. But, they say ignorance is bliss!

I don't understand the quest for happiness. I don't think someone is happy all the time, unless they are on drugs or just plain stupid, lol. But, they say ignorance is bliss!
Happiness is one of those fleeting moments of joy that happens now and then; contentment is what they're getting at, I think. Location does have something to do with it though, if you live in an area that just doesn't fit right. I never liked living in Connecticut, although I certainly didn't walk around focusing on being miserable about it. But I felt much more comfortable and "at home" in upstate New York and here in Maine. I'm just a kinda-country girl (who never knew a pig had hair until she was grown up).

Eh, call me crazy (not stupid) but I much prefer the optimistic side of life, even when it sucks I look for the bright side.. :dunno:

Last edited:
Looks like the southern states are many of the most miserable states. Who would have figured? A bunch of states that value guns more than people.

Best states for happiness? WalletHub study ranks Hawaii first, West Virginia last
I can sell a gun for more money than I can people...
Happiness should be our greatest goal. American materialists think that materials bring happiness, which is untrue. Materialism brings addiction, and disconnection from reality.

Wallethub (founded in 2013) is a credit check company that employees only 50 people. Grand claims like this are way above their pay grade.

There is no way to gauge happiness so the credit card company apparently relies on credit card debit statistics. WH makes a quantum leap in credibility by assuming that credit card debit equals happiness and the good people of West Virginia who enjoy relatively low taxes and low credit card debit are less happy than Hawaiians who endure the highest cost of living in the U.S. and can't afford to live in anything but a shack on a lava field while they are maxed out on credit cards. If you take the homeless population, crime rate, pollution and cost of living in California you could make a case that it has the highest misery index in the U.S.

Looks like the southern states are many of the most miserable states. Who would have figured? A bunch of states that value guns more than people.

Best states for happiness? WalletHub study ranks Hawaii first, West Virginia last
Happiness should be our greatest goal. American materialists think that materials bring happiness, which is untrue. Materialism brings addiction, and disconnection from reality.
I don' t think happiness is our greatest goal at all. Our greatest goal should to do something of value while on the earth.

I don' t think happiness is our greatest goal at all. Our greatest goal should to do something of value while on the earth.
Those 2 things tend to be interlinked in the first place. Good deeds create more happiness than materialism.

Forum List

Back