Hanoi John.........By Ann Coulter

Bonnie, I think something is wrong with your link. It didn't work for me, at least! Sounds like a good article.

hee hee

Kerry came under no enemy fire that day and that his injury, such as it was, resulted from the ricochet of a grenade fired by Kerry himself. (This rules out the Purple Heart but does qualify him for another "Boy, is my face red" citation, with clusters.) :mm: :rotflmao:

Among the eyewitnesses who say Kerry came under no enemy fire on Dec. 2, 1968, is John Kerry himself. According to Douglas Brinkley's book, "Tour of Duty," Kerry wrote in his diary nine days later, on Dec. 11, 1968: "We hadn't been shot at yet." His campaign is still trying to figure out how to claim that Kerry couldn't have known this because he wasn't even on his own swiftboat at the time.

rtwngAvngr said:
Bonnie, I think something is wrong with your link. It didn't work for me, at least! Sounds like a good article.

Try it again, let me know? It should work. :link: lol

Love the "Coulter Camp":

Another account has Rassman on the S.S. Minnow stubbornly insisting that Kerry's service in Vietnam consisted of just a three-hour tour ... a three-hour tour ...
:laugh:

Speaking of a three hour tour (or more precisely three months) did you know that Kerry actually spent only a 3-month tour in combat in Vietnam, NOT the 4-months that everybody claims? It appears that when Kerry arrived in Vietnam on November 17, 1968 he reported for duty and spent his first month training in Cam Ranh Bay. Cam Ranh, a French tourist town with a well-protected deep-water harbor and wide, beautiful beaches, was generally regarded as the safest place in Vietnam. It was where visiting Presidents would often stay.

Got that out of the book "Unfit for Command". (It is now for sale at Costco!) Just getting into the book and it is already totally condemning Kerry - fascinating!

ScreamingEagle said:
It appears that when Kerry arrived in Vietnam on November 17, 1968 he reported for duty and spent his first month training in Cam Ranh Bay. Cam Ranh, a French tourist town with a well-protected deep-water harbor and wide, beautiful beaches, was generally regarded as the safest place in Vietnam. It was where visiting Presidents would often stay.

I can vouch for the accuracy of that. When I arrived in RVN for my first tour, somehow my orders had gotten totally screwed up. It took the personnel types about five days to figure out where I was supposed to go.

Cam Ranh Bay was an in-country R & R site. That's where I learned to water ski while waiting for my orders. There was one huge motivator for not falling down while skiing - that place had the biggest damn jellyfish I've ever seen in my life!

Merlin1047 said:
I can vouch for the accuracy of that. When I arrived in RVN for my first tour, somehow my orders had gotten totally screwed up. It took the personnel types about five days to figure out where I was supposed to go.

Cam Ranh Bay was an in-country R & R site. That's where I learned to water ski while waiting for my orders. There was one huge motivator for not falling down while skiing - that place had the biggest damn jellyfish I've ever seen in my life!

You betcha!!! Those darn jelly fish were nasty; did a job on me. I had a similar experience on my first tour. Must have went with the territory.

Forum List

Back