Hannity and Colmes split up

Alan Colmes is one of the reasons Fox News is without a doubt the best, balanced new agency out there...in fact the ONLY one. And editorial staff that is 52% registered Democrat and 48% Republican. Don't get much more balanced than that. The only reason so many thing Fox is "right wing" is that they are not 100% Democrat ala NBC and CNN or 95% CBS and 92% ABC....

Fox News is unbiased? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thats like saying MSNBC is unbiased! The best, by far, at trying to be unbiased in CNN and its not even close. If you really want unbiased, then read BBC

You and I don't disagree on much,, but nope,, Alan Colmes made my ears bleed,, he was just a mouthpeice for KOS and the left wing talking points. he didn't have an original thought in his head.. but I can't say it was any different for Hannity, he made my ears bleed too.

If you think Alan Colmes spoke with any authority for the left, you have been misinformed.

Colmes is like a punchdrunk fighter they allow a contender to beat up, to make the contender look good.

He's a fake, Willow. One put there to make Hannity look smart.

If these cable shows are supposed to be about entertainment then you would think they could come up with some good matchups to watch. Like for example, the Ann Coulter & Rachael Maddow Show , or Sean Hannity & Keith Olbermann Show, now all of us may not go there to watch the news but it sure as hell will be fun to watch. Taking nothing away from Alan Colmes personally, I'm sure he has many qualifications that Fox finds appealing, but you would think that from a pure entertainment standpoint they would matchup someone with Sean Hannity that they could go after one another. Unless people really do get their news from these cable shows, then you have my sincere apologies and sympathy as well.

If you think Alan Colmes spoke with any authority for the left, you have been misinformed.

Colmes is like a punchdrunk fighter they allow a contender to beat up, to make the contender look good.

He's a fake, Willow. One put there to make Hannity look smart.

This is nonsense. You obviously aren't too familiar with Colmes.

Taking nothing away from Alan Colmes personally, I'm sure he has many qualifications that Fox finds appealing, but you would think that from a pure entertainment standpoint they would matchup someone with Sean Hannity that they could go after one another.

That's not the format of the show. Sean Hannity was originally hired as the show's star. The show is a platform for him. Colmes was just hired to be the liberal punching bag. He's Curly to Hannity's Moe. He's Abbot to Hannity's Costello. That's the point of the show. To star Hannity and allow him to tee off on some lame, hapless liberal. I'm not making this up, this is what Colmes and the producers of the show admit. It's all just a platform for Hannity.

I expect that the show will be re-tooled to either just have Hannity fly solo, or to have Hannity tee-off against another lame and hapless "liberal". Maybe Joe Lieberman or Zell Miller will be hired to be the token "liberal" punching bag. Hannity won't go toe to toe with a fire breathing liberal, like Sam Cedar.

Well Navy... not like Coulter or Maddow are all that good... and Ogerman is a flat out horrible topic person... Ogerman is more like a trained parrot....

But I would like to see good topics and conversation people actually debate and make points

Alan Colmes is one of the reasons Fox News is without a doubt the best, balanced new agency out there...in fact the ONLY one. And editorial staff that is 52% registered Democrat and 48% Republican. Don't get much more balanced than that. The only reason so many thing Fox is "right wing" is that they are not 100% Democrat ala NBC and CNN or 95% CBS and 92% ABC....

Lighten up, bro'. It was a subtile joke referring to the extreme overshadowing of the mousy little guy by the blowhard to his right.

-Joe

I think we can all admit that the words good and debate don't often collide on cable TV these days when you have "tingling legs" and so called conspiracys under every rock. I have to admit thats true, most likely Hannity will end up with a show of his own, but personally I always found Zell Miller to be entertaining. The point I was trying to make is that these shows have become channels for the various parties to get the message out and combined with a little entertainment. So that being the case at least make it worth watching by adding someone that will cause a little entertainment value. I share your opinion of Olbermann Dave, however from an entertainment standpoint he would make a good counterpoint, I was not talking serious debate anyway, tragically those days I fear are all gone I fear. It would be nice to have a topical show that debates issues and news items, rather than opinions and editorials. Further, it would be nice to demonstrate debate in a format that has something that has been lacking for a very long time and that is mutual respect for one another. Another reason, these shows are mere entertainment. When you have someone that was a sportscaster telling you the deep ins-and outs of our political scene and further another persone that was a former waiter , both with no real experience at all other than an opinion it becomes just that entertaining opinion shows.

This is nonsense. You obviously aren't too familiar with Colmes.

I have watched that man being lead by the nose time after time.

Hannity gets to frame the debate then colmes is stupid enough to play the game by Hannit's rules.

Colmes can no more speak for the left than Glock or Willow can.

Hannity gets to frame the debate then colmes is stupid enough to play the game by Hannit's rules.

Why do you watch the show?

Listen to his radio show instead. It's not only entertaining, he does a very good job out-arguing and shutting down right wing guests and the whacked right-wing callers he gets.

The Fox show has a certain format that he has to conform to, which is a showcase for Hannity. If you're forming your opinion on that, then you don't have a fully informed opinion.

I think we can all admit that the words good and debate don't often collide on cable TV these days when you have "tingling legs" and so called conspiracys under every rock. I have to admit thats true, most likely Hannity will end up with a show of his own, but personally I always found Zell Miller to be entertaining. The point I was trying to make is that these shows have become channels for the various parties to get the message out and combined with a little entertainment. So that being the case at least make it worth watching by adding someone that will cause a little entertainment value. I share your opinion of Olbermann Dave, however from an entertainment standpoint he would make a good counterpoint, I was not talking serious debate anyway, tragically those days I fear are all gone I fear. It would be nice to have a topical show that debates issues and news items, rather than opinions and editorials. Further, it would be nice to demonstrate debate in a format that has something that has been lacking for a very long time and that is mutual respect for one another. Another reason, these shows are mere entertainment. When you have someone that was a sportscaster telling you the deep ins-and outs of our political scene and further another persone that was a former waiter , both with no real experience at all other than an opinion it becomes just that entertaining opinion shows.

I agree they can never have an honest debate on these shows. Mostly because both parties are never honest with their own thoughts and views. People from both the left and right can not be polar opposites at all times, at some point people do agree on a few things. That is why these shows are so phoney..all of them. They are paid to push the agendas,not talk to real views.

Hannity gets to always frame the debate because Colmes can't make a decent argument. If Colmes could,he would get to frame a few of the debates himself. Anyway,when Colmes gets air time all to himself (and he gets plenty) he still comes off as a ranting robotic fool,he's lucky he got paid as well as nhe did,for as long as he has...he certainly put no effort into his job.

Exactly right.

The show is Hannity's platform. He gets to frame the debate, and I'm sure he's the one that gets to pick the topics. How many debates does Colmes have to engage in, where the question boils down to "are liberals traitors"?. Is islam an "evil" religion?. And Colmes has to play by those rules, and he is a total milquetoast at doing it.

Hannity gets to always frame the debate because Colmes can't make a decent argument.
Exactly. That's why he is sitting there. He couldn't frame a serious argument if his life depended on it.

If Colmes could,he would get to frame a few of the debates himself. Anyway,when Colmes gets air time all to himself (and he gets plenty) he still comes off as a ranting robotic fool,he's lucky he got paid as well as nhe did,for as long as he has...he certainly put no effort into his job.

Colmes is a clown.

He is a creation designed to be the stereotypical mindless leftist that most of the conservatives on this board think of when they think of what a leftist is.

I could kick hannity's ass in a debate for christ's sakes.

Half the lefties on this board could, too.

Limbough?

I'd make mincemeat of that fat loser.

You folks want to see real debates between truly intellectual rightists or leftists, you are NOT going to find those on the major networks.

Try C-SPAN or the public television stations.

There you will find rightists making plausible arguments against leftist who also make plausible arguments.

In other words, what some of you think are real intellectual discussion are in fact as fake as TV wrasslin'.

Hannity gets to always frame the debate because Colmes can't make a decent argument.
Exactly. That's why he is sitting there. He couldn't frame a serious argument if his life depended on it.

Colmes is a clown.

He is a creation designed to be the stereotypical mindless leftist that most of the conservatives on this board think of when they think of what a leftist is.

Limbough?

You folks want to see real debates between truly intellectual rightists or leftists, you are NOT going to find those on the major networks.

There you will find rightists making plausible arguments against leftist who also make plausible arguments.

In other words, what some of you think are real intellectual discussion are in fact as fake as TV wrasslin'.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Right? Doesn't he look like a cadaver with a reddish-brown wig?:lol:

Some guys need to figure out Just For Men is NOT just for them.

ROTFL! Thank God I'm not the only one who sees him like this, Gunny. He always looks worse right after he has his hair colored. Creeper.

It's Hannity and Bowman now :)

mesean-1.jpg

Hannity comes across ok on tv, but honestly his voice gets to me on his radio show.

I liked the two together, they worked well together and you know, they were always respectful towards each other and never as far as I'm aware of have said a negative word about the other, either on air or off.

Hannity's toast on tv without him, I think. Let's just pray he doesn't pick up some twit to act as his retarded female foil like O'Reilly is so fond of doing.

Colmes is a clown.

Limbough?

Good grief you are such a fool. Do you have any idea how hard I'm laughing at this post? As I'm sure every person who's ever seen you attempt to conduct a debate on this board is laughing....

Forum List

Back