Hamas decides to go for broke

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I don't think the Egyptian government will be backing them. Perhaps they are counting on the Muslim Brotherhood members in Egypt.

Hamas decides to go for broke

Struggling to maintain the banner of ‘resistance’, the Gazan terror group is firing at Israel in the hope Ramallah and Cairo will hear its plea for help

BY ELHANAN MILLER July 8, 2014

Hamas’s decision to end a 20-month-long ceasefire with Israel last week was a result of the movement’s gradual decline over the past year, accelerated by the unity deal with Fatah which has left it teetering on the verge of collapse.

Get The Times of Israel's Daily Edition by email
and never miss our top stories FREE SIGN UP!
Isolated by Israel, shunned by Egypt and battered by Mahmoud Abbas’s Palestinian Authority in the West Bank, Hamas has decided to go for broke. True, it had used its massive missile arsenal with relative restraint as of Tuesday afternoon, but it nevertheless hopes that a new round of violence can reshuffle the deck and leave it with a better hand.

The Islamic movement’s distress calls — directed mostly at Ramallah — have intensified over the past week. With 44,000 Hamas civil servants out of work and without salaries as Ramadan began, Hamas foreign ministry official Ghazi Hamad convened a press conference on July 3 to warn that “the Gaza Strip is in grave danger and the unity government doesn’t care what’s happening here.”

Read more:

Hamas decides to go for broke | The Times of Israel

Gosh, you're a swell Jew. :thup:

Come on, Mr. H. You and I are going to stand in Times Square and collect some money for Hamas since they are really hurting for some dough.

All freedom loving American's should stand up and support the Hamas freedom fighters in their resistance to the fascist zionists who rule apartheid Israel. .. :cool:

The thing is all the world knows for sure what Hamas are like. Thanks to a concerted media campaign people are not so sympathetic with Hamas's cause and Israel has far more support nowadays than ever before. It's a media thing, you see. :cool:

All freedom loving American's should stand up and support the Hamas freedom fighters in their resistance to the fascist zionists who rule apartheid Israel. .. :cool:

The thing is all the world knows for sure what Hamas are like. Thanks to a concerted media campaign people are not so sympathetic with Hamas's cause and Israel has far more support nowadays than ever before. It's a media thing, you see. :cool:

It is quite obvious that he is mentally unbalanced. Did you catch what he said about it being OK to destroy antiquities just yesterday?

It is quite obvious that he is mentally unbalanced. Did you catch what he said about it being OK to destroy antiquities just yesterday?
It's quite comical to hear Silly-Sally call someone else mentally unbalanced. . :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

So that all 3 of them then, now what shall we do about the other 2 million ?

[MENTION=36253]Sally[/MENTION]
I don't think the Egyptian government will be backing them.

And how would you come to this conclusion?

By reading different articles about how Egypt, now that the Muslim Brotherhood is not in control, is trying to fight terrorists themselves in their own country and in the Sinai. Perhaps it would be a different story if the Muslim Brotherhood were in control in Egypt now. Thankfully it is not, and the Egyptian leaders have other things on their minds, like improving the economy for their own citizens.

I don't think the Egyptian government will be backing them.

By reading different articles about how Egypt, now that the Muslim Brotherhood is not in control, is trying to fight terrorists themselves in their own country and in the Sinai. Perhaps it would be a different story if the Muslim Brotherhood were in control in Egypt now. Thankfully it is not, and the Egyptian leaders have other things on their minds, like improving the economy for their own citizens.

So you believe if the Brotherhood were in control of Egypt, Egypt would join HAMAS in 'going for broke'?

So you believe if the Brotherhood were in control of Egypt, Egypt would join HAMAS in 'going for broke'?[/QUOTE

I certainly think they would since they have the same ideology. And I wouldn't be surprised if members of the Muslim Brotherhood here in the U.S. are trying to figure out a way to help Hamas.

Thanks to a concerted media campaign people are not so sympathetic with Hamas's cause and Israel has far more support nowadays than ever before. It's a media thing, you see.
On this we agree........the Juden own and control the media.......so of course the news stories will be pro Israel. ..

Or maybe - just maybe - normal, rational peeps see the situation as it is and while they may commiserate with the suffering of the hapless Palestinian "refugees," they know the Israeli position is natural, defensible and just and they don't blame the "Juden" as Nazis do.
Sorry 'bout dat.
Wait ... no I'm not. :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks to a concerted media campaign people are not so sympathetic with Hamas's cause and Israel has far more support nowadays than ever before. It's a media thing, you see.
On this we agree........the Juden own and control the media.......so of course the news stories will be pro Israel. ..

Or maybe - just maybe - normal, rational peeps see the situation as it is and while they may commiserate with the suffering of the hapless Palestinian "refugees," they know the Israeli position is natural, defensible and just and they don't blame the "Juden" as Nazis do.
Sorry 'bout dat.
Wait ... no I'm not. :cool:

I just listened to the comments of some jerk in gaza----televised on the news. ---
sorry---I did not get his name--some local spokesman. He expressed himself
enthusiastically over the fact that gazan people have decided to "not be afraid"
----ie take no action to protect themselves from the Israeli bombing----because
it is the Ramadan holiday and they have faith in their religion. I have a sense that
Ramadan is playing a big role in the events both in "the caliphate" and in the
Israel/Palestine thing going on simultaneously. The kidnapping of the three
Israeli kids was actually, it seems to me, PLANNED to coincide with Ramadan----
and the schmuck Baghdadi seems to be issuing PROCLAMATIONS regarding his
RULER status. My sense is that all of this stuff is orchestrated to be a great
HISTORIC EVENT in the world of islam-----RAMADAN 2014 which is supposed
to be "CALIPHATE and DEATH TO ISRAEL" year ----- muslims are
a very poetic and optimistic people when it comes to that which they conceive
to be "the will of allah"

Actually it's the opposite irosie.

The fascist Israeli's planned their savage attack on Gaza to coincide with Ramadan.

Thinking it would demoralize the Palestinians.

But all it has done is strengthen the people's resolve to resist their enslavement by apartheid Israel. .. :thup:

The fascist Israeli's planned their savage attack on Gaza to coincide with Ramadan.

But all it has done is strengthen the people's resolve to resist their enslavement by apartheid Israel. .. :thup:

So that Hamas chose Ramadan to launch their puny missiles is Israel's fault? I'd carpet bomb the whole place. When you have roaches, use a roach bomb, not isolated attacks.

So that Hamas chose Ramadan to launch their puny missiles is Israel's fault? I'd carpet bomb the whole place. When you have roaches, use a roach bomb, not isolated attacks.
Well aren't you special........ :lol:

since 1967----the logic of the followers of the rapist pig has fascinated me. ---I was young
in May of 1967---just done with finals and my mind was CHARGED up---I had aced every
course---from calculus to chemistry and even that despised "memorize millions
of dates" history. Free at last----the UN general assembly came into view on TV ---
covering CRISIS IN THE MIDDLE EAST. It was may----they were just talking and
talking. I learned what all should know about the conflict in middle east---
persons who one would think have a brain do not actually speak---they rant.
One after another idiots who for some reason all seemed to be wearing sunglasses---
and grinning broadly announced "WE WIll NOT TOLERATE THE ZIONIST ENTITY"---
at least that was a sentence. ---the rest made no sense at all. Things moved on--
the jerks threatened and PREDICTED some sort of fantastic VICTORY !!!!!!---it was may--
nothing much going on except the threats and an embago on the Straits of Tiran---
then June and the fighting began-----the idiots in sunglasses way back then PREDICTED
their coming attack ---rape and pillage on-----TEL AVIV (of all places) --smiling
broadly. Then the reports from Cairo----"we shot 100s of Israeli planes down"---
I began to scratch my head---they were claiming to have shot down more planes
than Israel ever had----but it sounded like a rout. Day by day MORE SHOUTS of
victory against "the Zionist entity" ----fifth day---I was invited to a walk around
"demonstration" We walked around ---sang songs---walked around---sat on the
grass----walked around----got on buses to go home. Someone with a little transistor
radio called out "ITS OVER" and I asked "who won?"

back to the TV ---the jerks in the sunglasses were no longer smiling

I was fascinated when I heard the interview of the gazan jerk last nite ----
"we are not afraid---we have no need to take shelter---we are believers---
Ramadan---- nothing matters more than the fact that our bombs are
hitting tel aviv" (sheeeesh----again tel aviv)

sorry sunni-----tel aviv is doing fine----it is still in good shape just as it was
in June 1967----after reports out of cairo had included ongoing rape and
pillage in the manner of the rapist of mecca

but its ok-----the ummah will declare VICTORY----just as it did in June 1967

Forum List

Back