Hamas breaking international law?!?!?

Thanks, Toastman. It's too bad Hamas is wreaking havoc by firing rockets from and to densely populated areas in both sides where peope's lives are put at risk. It's terrible to kill an adult for nothing, but it's horrible when children are involved.

In addition to them saying that harming civilians was their aim intentionally, the article says:

The group also found that Gazan groups, including Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and the Popular Resistance Committee, justified targeting civilian centers as reprisal for Israeli strikes, an act also banned under international law.

Furthermore, such groups "repeatedly fired rockets from densely populated areas, near homes, businesses, and a hotel, unnecessarily placing civilians in the vicinity at grave risk from Israeli counter-fire," the report said.The detailed report included examples of rockets being launched from densely populated areas in Gaza, and noted that groups fired from underground tunnels with hatches for the first time. HRW faulted Palestinian armed groups for failing to alert civilians or urge them to evacuate prior to launching rockets in their vicinity.

As the ruling power in the Strip, the human rights group said, Hamas was responsible for reining in the behavior of other groups. “As the ruling authority in Gaza, Hamas has an obligation to stop unlawful attacks and punish those responsible,” Whitson said.

That's sad on so many levels.

Last edited:
Impossible. This must be another Zionist plot to burn pregnant women and children.
Did you read the article, TheOldSchool? What do you think of it?

Yup the evidence just keeps mounting against Hamas. Yet the message is not being sent out properly or there is some kind of disconnect between the media and reality. I mean the general assembly of the UN wants to grant these people the same rights as other civilized nations without chastising them for their unforgivable tactics.

I put a picture up here a while back that showed a rocket launch site 1 block away from a playground and a mosque. It's despicable.

My previous post was meant to be shocking and chuckleworthy lol

When did israel start to care about International Law?
HRW reported that Israeli attacks on journalists and media facilities during the operation also violated laws of war, saying that Israel provided no specific information to justify claims that they were military targets.

“Just because Israel says a journalist was a fighter or a TV station was a command center does not make it so,” Whitson said. “Journalists who praise Hamas and TV stations that applaud attacks on Israel may be propagandists, but that does not make them legitimate targets under the laws of war.”
from the op link

freedombecki, TheOldSchool; et al,

This serves no useful purpose in each side demonizing the other. Each side is not ready for peace, so each side starts a fight and accuses the other.

Everyone with half a brain knows that to draw and shoot a gun at another - has in it an implied intent to kill. Everyone knows this is an assault with a deadly weapon. Rockets are no different; just a different caliber. Palestinians know they were wrong.

The Palestinians know that they are not placing a good faith effort on the table.

The Israelis know they are wrong in the administration of the Occupied Territories. They are not ready to speak - seriously - on issues and options that will bring peace.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:

This serves no useful purpose in each side demonizing the other. Each side is not ready for peace, so each side starts a fight and accuses the other.

Everyone with half a brain knows that to draw and shoot a gun at another - has in it an implied intent to kill. Everyone knows this is an assault with a deadly weapon. Rockets are no different; just a different caliber. Palestinians know they were wrong.

The Palestinians know that they are not placing a good faith effort on the table.

The Israelis know they are wrong in the administration of the Occupied Territories. They are not ready to speak - seriously - on issues and options that will bring peace.

Most Respectfully,
R

Both sides deserve a lot of blame. I worry however that the solution would lead to the dissolution of Israel and then the entire Middle East would be lost to the west and the power of the dominant totalitarian and theocratic governments there would be consolidated.

Saudi Arabia is probably the most westernized and civilized of the countries in the Middle East but there are absolutely horrifying things that happen there all the time. Look at Egypt who just overthrew western influence and now has a radical madman heading their government.

Lose Israel and we lose that whole part of the world.

Last edited:

Most Respectfully,
R

Both sides deserve a lot of blame. I worry however that the solution would lead to the dissolution of Israel and then the entire Middle East would be lost to the west and the power of the dominant totalitarian and theocratic governments there would be consolidated.

Saudi Arabia is probably the most westernized and civilized of the countries in the Middle East but there are absolutely horrifying things that happen there all the time. Look at Egypt who just overthrew western influence and now has a radical madman heading their government.

Israel is the size of a fucking postage stamp. Jews and Israelis would be much safer somewhere else... and so would we (9/11).

TheOldSchool, et al,

If "we" ever really had a part of that world, "we" lost it a long time ago.

... ... ...
(COMMENT)

The US is never really going anywhere with the Middle East; it has set its reputation.

The Middle East was never ours to hold. It became a US national economic interest when cheap oil reserves were found there. Once the oil runs out, the US interest is lost anyway.

Most Respectfully,
R

Most Respectfully,
R

Hamas demonizes themselves, no need for the Israelis to do it

Impossible. This must be another Zionist plot to burn pregnant women and children.

Yup the evidence just keeps mounting against Hamas. Yet the message is not being sent out properly or there is some kind of disconnect between the media and reality. I mean the general assembly of the UN wants to grant these people the same rights as other civilized nations without chastising them for their unforgivable tactics.

I put a picture up here a while back that showed a rocket launch site 1 block away from a playground and a mosque. It's despicable.

the Goldstone Report cited Hamas in Gaza, the PA in the West Bank, and other Palestinian factions for possible violations. Israel rejected the report.

So... oh well.

TheOldSchool, et al,

... ... ...
(COMMENT)

The US is never really going anywhere with the Middle East; it has set its reputation.

The Middle East was never ours to hold. It became a US national economic interest when cheap oil reserves were found there. Once the oil runs out, the US interest is lost anyway.

Most Respectfully,
R

What are the predictions about when the oil will run out? Certainly, US policy will change for tge Region then. It seems to me time is running out for Israel to make peace with her neighbors.

the Goldstone Report cited Hamas in Gaza, the PA in the West Bank, and other Palestinian factions for possible violations. Israel rejected the report.

So... oh well.
Oh, Tinnie, did you hear the latest?

Hamas Preparing for War against Abbas: Report - Defense/Security - News - Israel National News

TheOldSchool, et al,

... ... ...
(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

What are the predictions about when the oil will run out? Certainly, US policy will change for tge Region then. It seems to me time is running out for Israel to make peace with her neighbors.
Evidently Frau Sherri doesn't realize that the U.S. doesn't really need to depend on Middle East oil., but many Muslim countries depend on the U.S. for food to feed their starving people. If it wasn't for the ingenuity of the civilized world to help them get the oil out of the ground, they would still be living in tents. Now Frau Sherri is going to tell us how a country is supposed to make peace with its neighbors when its neighbors want to destroy her.

Everything stated from the article you provided in your link, I agree with, except the comment at the end. It is not possible to have a claim factually correct and have its source not credible. By virtue of the statement being true, is prima facia evidence the source was credible. The claim has to be proven false, for the source not to be credible.

Just because HRW can state the applicable IHL in regards to the conflict in the OPT, does not prove they're biased against Israel. It just shows they know how to apply the law and should be applauded for their efforts to hold Israel accountable. And since they also commented on Hamas war crimes, one cannot conclude they've shown bias to only one side. They called out both sides for their crimes, that's not bias.

One thing is worth noting, how is it possible to fire a rocket at a location away from a population center in Gaza? You've got 1.5 million people packed into this little space like sardines, where in that area, is open country away from city buildings? The Pals have every right to respond with force to the Israeli occupation. Unfortunately, the response they're using, is a war crime that has killed 1,100 innocent Israeli citizens to date. If someone would just sell them rockets with guidance systems and they only targeted IDF facilities and troops, their response would be perfectly legal.

Good article, toastman, I think this is only the 2nd time we've actually agreed on something.

I doubt that there is any war conducted anywhere in the world in which BOTH SIDES----on examination--------- are not "guilty of war crimes" War in itself is a crime

Everything stated from the article you provided in your link, I agree with, except the comment at the end. It is not possible to have a claim factually correct and have its source not credible. By virtue of the statement being true, is prima facia evidence the source was credible. The claim has to be proven false, for the source not to be credible.

Just because HRW can state the applicable IHL in regards to the conflict in the OPT, does not prove they're biased against Israel. It just shows they know how to apply the law and should be applauded for their efforts to hold Israel accountable. And since they also commented on Hamas war crimes, one cannot conclude they've shown bias to only one side. They called out both sides for their crimes, that's not bias.

One thing is worth noting, how is it possible to fire a rocket at a location away from a population center in Gaza? You've got 1.5 million people packed into this little space like sardines, where in that area, is open country away from city buildings? The Pals have every right to respond with force to the Israeli occupation. Unfortunately, the response they're using, is a war crime that has killed 1,100 innocent Israeli citizens to date. If someone would just sell them rockets with guidance systems and they only targeted IDF facilities and troops, their response would be perfectly legal.

Good article, toastman, I think this is only the 2nd time we've actually agreed on something.

Yup second time lol.

What occupation are you referring too exactly ??

Forum List

Back