Halliburton Cleared of Iraq Wrongdoing

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Where's dijetlo? Can I say I told you so now? :laugh:

"Well, well, well, ladies and gentlemen, the Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday that Halliburton has been cleared of any over-billing in a Kuwait fuel-delivery contract that Pentagon auditors allege overcharged the U.S. government by more than $100 million.

Citing a previously undisclosed Dec. 19 ruling, the WSJ reported that Lieutenant Gen. Robert Flowers said Halliburton's Kellogg Brown & Root unit will not need to provide any cost and pricing data relating to a contract to deliver millions of gallons of gasoline from Kuwait to Iraq.

This is just another blow for the MoveOn.org crowd, Democrat Underground, and all the leftists out there who were counting on this thing nailing Cheney and Bush. They’re so desperate, folks, just grabbing at straws. Of course they're going to come up with some conspiracy excuse, like somebody got to the investigators, Cheney called them up, paid them off, offered them money, whatever.

This is just another example of what I call the Tom Daschle effect. Every time the Democrats think they're about to score big they open the door into their nose and end up bloody."

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/weekend_sites/010504_010904/content/halliburton_cleared.guest.html
http://money.cnn.com/2004/01/06/news/companies/halliburton.reut/

But Jim don't you know that the pinheads will tell you the investigation was not fair.

I read that article from money. It seems to me that a waiver has been granted to allow KBR to continue transporting gas but the investigation and audit are still underway. What am I missing here?

"This is not linked to the draft audit and should be looked at as a separate issue," Adkins said when asked to comment on a Wall Street Journal story that the waiver meant Halliburton had effectively been cleared of allegations of overpricing raised by Pentagon auditors.

I guess that's what you get for beleiving Limbaugh. I told you he doesn't know his asshole from his elbow.

:laugh:

-Bam

Originally posted by bamthin
I guess that's what you get for beleiving Limbaugh. I told you he doesn't know his asshole from his elbow.

Speaking of not knowing an ass from an elbow, did you bother to read the article from the Guardian?

"The division of the US army that has awarded billions of dollars worth of contracts to oil services firm Halliburton has cleared the company of overcharging for fuel in Iraq."

The only thing left is the audit by the pentagon. It's over, they are in the clear, there was no wrongdoing.

Not to mention the same story is being covered by major media around the world.

Lift rock and crawl out, you'll learn more!

And now that all is left is the pentagon auditors, let's dicuss that!

Pentagon Auditors Set to Clear Halliburton

WASHINGTON - Pentagon auditors said on Wednesday they expected soon to receive documents from the Army that Halliburton paid fair prices for fuel brought into Iraq, squashing price-gouging allegations against Vice President Dick Cheney's former company.

The Defense Contract Audit Agency said Army Corps of Engineers officials overseeing the oil contract had promised a "business case" that showed prices billed by Halliburton unit Kellogg Brown and Root for fuel delivered by a subcontractor were "fair and reasonable" and the issue would then be closed.

"Once DCAA receives this business case stating that the contracting officer has concluded the subcontract fuel prices are fair and reasonable, that will conclude the DCAA audit work on this issue," said a statement from DCAA Executive Officer Dan Tucciarone.

"The (Army Corps) contracting officer's decision precludes any further pursuit by DCAA of the issue, in as much as the contracting officer is the deciding authority for the Government on such matters," he added.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040107/ts_nm/iraq_halliburton_dc_3

Some people will do anything to try to make the war in Iraq about oil and reconstruction profiteering instead of defending our country against the Radical Fundamental Islamic Jihad.

War and rebuilding cost money - but they are the price of keeping totalitarianism from destroying free societies.

Some people will do anything to try to make the war in Iraq about oil and reconstruction profiteering instead of defending our country against the Radical Fundamental Islamic Jihad.

What Radical Fundamental Islamic Jihad???? Colin Powell said that there is NO connection between Saddam or his regime and al-queda or 9/11, so how can it be about defending ourselves?

Saddam Hussein actively supported Jihad-style terrorism within Israel. There is also strong evidence that various AQ members trained within Iraq. Terrorism and the Jihad extend well beyond 9/11.

:fu2: What in the h***! They're supposed to press charges against that stupid oil company for stealing OUR money!! What a bunch of bs, i cant believe this crap. :fu2:

Originally posted by jones
:fu2: What in the h***! They're supposed to press charges against that stupid oil company for stealing OUR money!! What a bunch of bs, i cant believe this crap. :fu2:

Do you also have trouble reading and comprehending? They found no wrongdoing, therefore no charges!

Now tell us how they stole our money?

I dont care if they found no wrong doing. They overcharged us tax payers and theres no big investigation. Its BS.

I dont care if they found no wrong doing. They overcharged us tax payers and theres no big investigation. Its BS.

Well, you usually have your mind made up in advance, so I'm not even going to debate it with you. Deal with the events.

They got new contracts too, did you see that? :)

Jones,

I'd like to introduce you to Mr. Bald R. Dash.

No evidence of wrong-doing means that taxpayers were not overcharged.

Get over it.

Was expecting you to say there was an investigation. Guess there wasnt.

Hey Jimnyc, type in "crime family" google. :eek:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=crime+family

There WAS an investigation and there WASN'T any wrong doing. 2 seperate investigations, one by the US army corps of engineers and one by indpendent pentagon auditors. Did you even read the various reports?

I know, I know, it's all a conspiracy! :rolleyes:

Price gouging on the gasoline transportation contract is only one of the phases of the Halliburton/KBR audit. Stay tuned. They aren't out of the woods yet.

-Bam

Forum List

Back