Haiti donations

Feb 28, 2009
Dear President Obama,

I saw where you and the First Lady gave $15,000 to the Clinton/Bush/Haiti fund. I commend you on this.

But I have to ask, why not the $1.4 MILLION Nobel peace prize money you promised to donate to charity? What happened to that money? It should go to Haiti.

Sincerely,

Me.

• Banned
From the press conference yesterday:

White House Press Briefing by Robert Gibbs, January 19, 2010

Q A totally new topic -- any update on where the President is going to donate his Nobel Prize money?
MR. GIBBS: I know they continue to talk about it. I think he has not received any money yet. But as soon as they -- as he makes those donations, we will let you guys know.
I smell bullshit folks.

• Banned
Obama's a multi-millionaire, plus makes $400,000 a year plus $270,000 in expenses, got the $1.4 MILLION from the Nobel folks, and can only donate $15,000 to Haiti?

It's a conspiracy!

You seriously think the guy is going to withhold the $1.4 million so people like you can slam him 24/7 for the next three years on that one thing? :eusa_eh:

Especially when he's going to make millions when he leaves office like every other President in the past thirty years at the very least? :eusa_eh:

• Banned
It's a conspiracy!

You seriously think the guy is going to withhold the $1.4 million so people like you can slam him 24/7 for the next three years on that one thing?
No, stupid.

I just want to know where the money goes, and wonder why not Haiti?

He had a great chance for a massive PR boost by saying that 1.4 million was going to Haiti, when he had Bush and Clinton up there, introducing the clinton/bush/haiti fund.

Where's it going?

No, stupid.

He had a great chance for a massive PR boost by saying that 1.4 million was going to Haiti, when he had Bush and Clinton up there, introducing the clinton/bush/haiti fund.

Where's it going?

Why does he have to announce where's it going? We all slammed Chris the other night for making a thread about the same exact thing. What do you want? A press conference? :eusa_eh:

And if he had done that, you would of been slamming him for acting like an arrogant asshole and using this tragedy for PR points. No matter what he does, you'd be unhappy.

• Banned
No, stupid.

Where's it going?

Why does he have to announce where's it going?
The LAW says so.

Same way he has to disclose his tax returns.

• Banned
And if he had done that, you would of been slamming him for acting like an arrogant asshole and using this tragedy for PR points. No matter what he does, you'd be unhappy.
Total bullshit.

I would have applauded him.

But, I guess I could use your weak strawman and say that you would be all over Bush the rich bastard, for only giving $15,000 when he has millions.

See how inane and stupid, and dishonest your knee jerk defenses of Obama are?

The LAW says so.

Same way he has to disclose his tax returns.

He has to disclose it on his tax returns, yes. But he has to have a press conference as to where the money is going?
Did you read what Gibbs said?

He has to disclose where that money went. It's the law. He knows it.

And he will disclose it. I am merely wondering, why not Haiti?

Total bullshit.

But, I guess I could use your weak strawman and say that you would be all over Bush the rich bastard, for only giving $15,000 when he has millions.

I'm not having dishonest knee jerk defenses of Obama. I'm being legitimate about my questioning because I can tell you right now that's how some of would act.

I'm not getting over anyone. Every dollar counts to helping the people of Haiti. May it be $15,000 or $1.4 million.

Total bullshit.

I'm not having dishonest knee jerk defenses of Obama.
Yes, you are.

Well if he has to disclose where it went and if it's the law then he'll disclose it. He can't break the law even if he is the President.

Yes, you are.

No, I'm saying what's with the conspiracy theory. I don't think much of him anymore but even I don't think he's that much of an asshole as to not donate the $1.4 million to charity. Which he will have to disclose at some point as Gibbs and you said.

Well if he has to disclose where it went and if it's the law then he'll disclose it. He can't break the law even if he is the President.
And I wasn't arguing that.

I believe it should go to Haiti. It would be a fantastic gesture. It's Nobel PEACE prize money, after all.

Total bullshit.

Would you applaud him if his $1.4 million goes to help African children dying of AIDS?

Or does it have to be Haiti?

Total bullshit.

Would you applaud him if his $1.4 million goes to help African children dying of AIDS?

Or does it have to be Haiti?
I would applaud that donation as well.

Haiti has a helluva AIDS problem too, why does it have to be Africa?

Forum List

Back