Had to take a day of personal leave to rake all the leaves and pine straw

I'd gladly set fire to the woods around my house, if I wouldn't get in trouble for it. Keeps the ticks down.

At the moment I have thirteen paper bags of dead leaves on the curb in front of my house. This is the second of three such loads that I prepare every Fall. The municipality picks up the bags when they get around to it.

It always occurs to me that there are a gazillion BTU's of energy in all of these bags (mine and my neighbors). I hope they are not just dumped in a landfill somewhere to rot. But I suspect that's what happens with them.

At the moment I have thirteen paper bags of dead leaves on the curb in front of my house. This is the second of three such loads that I prepare every Fall. The municipality picks up the bags when they get around to it.

It always occurs to me that there are a gazillion BTU's of energy in all of these bags (mine and my neighbors). I hope they are not just dumped in a landfill somewhere to rot. But I suspect that's what happens with them.

They can get hot and catch on fire if not turned frequently, too. (When they're stacked up and compressed)

Forum List

Back