Hackers hit Qaeda-linked Iraq group's website

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by -Cp, Sep 28, 2004.

1. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=internetNews&storyID=6354785&section=news

Hackers hit Qaeda-linked Iraq group's website
    Tue 28 September, 2004 15:54

DUBAI (Reuters) - Hackers on Tuesday attacked a website of an al Qaeda-linked group that beheaded two U.S. hostages in Iraq, rerouting visitors to a page showing a penguin toting a machine-gun and warning against hosting such sites.

The site of the Tawhid and Jihad Group of al Qaeda ally Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, set up on a site providing free web hosting, last week carried a tape of British hostage Kenneth Bigley appealing for his life as well as videos of the decapitation of the two U.S. hostages.

"Host them and your next!" was the message left on the site by the hackers, calling themselves TeAmZ USA, who have already attacked several Islamist and pro-al Qaeda Web sites.

Zarqawi's group has threatened to kill Bigley next if women prisoners in Iraq are not released, but has not set a deadline.

Al Qaeda and other militant groups have widely used the internet to spread their message, often using sites providing free web hosting and frequently moving after their sites have been taken down.

2. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    innovative. I admire their spirit. Hackers for freedom.

3. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,888
    Now we're talkin' upper echelon hackers...
    :clap2:
    Hack Attack Reportedly Downs Al Qaeda Network
    June 29, 2011 | A popular jihadist Internet forum has been knocked off the Internet, and counterterrorism experts say it appears it was hacked.

4. nitroz

nitroz INDEPENDENTly ruthless

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    I want to help these hackers.... better yet, hack one website to sabotage them!
    If I could help leave one of these terrorists killed or captured, then I will feel accomplished and then continue to sabotage them more.