Guyanese woman stabs Trini victim in Canada: Random Violence or Reason for Mental Illness?

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
Guyanese charged with stabbing Trini woman to death

From this incident in Canada, where a fatal act of stabbing made headlines as a "random act of violence",
I found out the alleged murder defendant is from Guyana and the stabbing victim from Trinidad.

Both countries and cultures have a history of voodoo type practices, but Guyana's statistics seem to correlate
with disturbing rates of mental illness and the "highest rate of suicide in the world."

Guyana: mental illness, witchcraft, and the highest suicide rate in the world

Could this "random" act be due to mental illness that has a traceable cause?

While Guyanese foundations are trying to study the alarming rates of suicide, mental illness, and stigma
against professional treatment, perhaps the experts should study the impact of removing the influence
of "Obeah" or voodoo-type witchcraft/sorcery practices where people cast spells with intent to harm others.

A Guyanese Student's Experience of Obeah

Magic and witchcraft in Guyana | Гайана

At least two authors who have written books on the spiritual healing process have revealed
links between demonic and occult energy and mental illness, where the removal of those
influences was a step in healing the mental illness. (Scott Peck "Glimpses of the Devil" and
Francis MacNutt "Healing") Dr. MacNutt has also states on his website and in his books
that it is dangerous to mix witchcraft and dark occult energy with Christian healing prayer,
or the result can be disastrous and deadly. It causes otherwise inexplicable clashes and
disruptions, "accidental" and tragic deaths to occur out of the blue.

I have warned friends to remove all such influences to prevent such tragic or chaotic disruptions
and unpredictable destruction of relationships. Those who have listened saw a reduction of these
negative incidents disrupting their lives. Others with a history of occult influence or practice
have reported disastrous incidents that are so extraordinary, clearly unjust and undeserved with no warning,
they leave the same sense of wondering why it happened as it "does not make any sense."

So when I read this story of a calm, low profile woman with two degrees just "randomly stabbing"
someone she didn't even know to "do something extreme" out of "deteriorating mental health"
I immediately questioned if either woman had been involved in witchcraft or something related to dark forces.

And sure enough, I find this article that the mentally deteriorating woman is from Guyana, which has
an abnormally high rate of mental illness and suicide, as well as an established history in dark spiritual practices as part of the culture. I can't help but think there is a link, and this could be studied as correlated.

It is impossible to prove causality when you deal with spiritual energy where it cannot be proven how it works.
But at least the research could prove "correlation" by measuring the effects before and after,
if people go through spiritual healing to renounce and remove the "dark energy" influences
and if this "correlates" with recovery from mental illness in persons or families.
And if the people or families who continue to expose themselves to this "dark energy" continue to exhibit higher rates of mental illness or incidents and lower rates of recovery and response to treatment.

In Dr. Peck's book the two schizophrenic patients he observed refused to comply with treatment
before the demonic influences were removed and their minds and personalities could return to normal.
So the spiritual methods were a necessary step for patients before they could even comply with
medical and psychological treatment to heal their minds and bodies using regular medicine.

As Dr. Peck recommended from his observations, with the potential to heal other mentally ill
patients deemed to have "incurable" schizophrenia, I also advocate for medical research in this field.
I believe it holds the key to diagnosing, treating and curing mental and even criminal illness
so that we can make sure people, like the stabber in this "random" murder case, get help before
they kill someone. I agree with the family of the victim, that these losses can be prevented.
And I believe we owe it to the poor woman who lost her life, her husband who lost his new wife,
and her family and her community, that this sacrifice is not in vain, but leads to solutions and prevention.

This is not surprising, I'd almost call it common knowledge honestly...

Faith, or belief, has an astounding hold on the human mind.

Forum List

Back