Guns continue to save lives (bans continue to cost lives)

So NY bans guns and this man simply picks up a hatchet to go on a murderous rampage. Thank God he decided to target two men who were among the few permitted by NY to have a gun on them. The result? One dead maniac. No one else dead.

NYPD Cop Attacked With Hatchet Suspect Shot Dead - NBC News
Ok I don't want to ban guns, but your reasoning on this based on an anecdotal case is pretty dumb. Private ownership of guns is illegal in the UK yet there are less than 50 gun deaths a year. In the US? 11,000 a year. Even if you considered population proportion, that is still a staggering number.

Based on how many guns are on the market here, banning any is pointless. However, that doesn't change the fact that the gun culture in this country isn't completely nutty.

Most Americans no matter the party don't want to ban guns.

Following the lead of the Military Industrial Complex, the Corporate Firearm Manufacturers found a way to scare America to death and get all time record high sales/profits.

I've been to dozens of forums and only met 3 girls that wanted to ban guns. People want a change and that's a fact, they voted for it. But no one significant wants to ban all guns. Stating so is absolutely ignorant.

Following the lead of the Military Industrial Complex, the Corporate Firearm Manufacturers found a way to scare America to death and get all time record high sales/profits.

I've been to dozens of forums and only met 3 girls that wanted to ban guns. People want a change and that's a fact, they voted for it. But no one significant wants to ban all guns. Stating so is absolutely ignorant.
"No one significant wants to ban guns"? Is a sitting U.S. Senator not "significant" in your very limited mind?

Oops.... (thank you for proving to the world that you are indeed absolutely ignorant)

So NY bans guns and this man simply picks up a hatchet to go on a murderous rampage. Thank God he decided to target two men who were among the few permitted by NY to have a gun on them. The result? One dead maniac. No one else dead.

Ok I don't want to ban guns, but your reasoning on this based on an anecdotal case is pretty dumb. Private ownership of guns is illegal in the UK yet there are less than 50 gun deaths a year. In the US? 11,000 a year. Even if you considered population proportion, that is still a staggering number.

Based on how many guns are on the market here, banning any is pointless. However, that doesn't change the fact that the gun culture in this country isn't completely nutty.
Oh don't worry Billy - there are many more examples coming. How many real world instances before you can no longer claim "anecdotal" my friend?

"No one significant wants to ban guns"? Is a sitting U.S. Senator not "significant" in your very limited mind?

Oops.... (thank you for proving to the world that you are indeed absolutely ignorant)

No, I'm fully aware of the morons that think she stated she wants to ban all guns because Fox News played a specific selected clip out of her speech. She openly stated "if it was up to me, I'd ban all Assault Style weapons", NOT ALL GUNS small brain. This conversation has been going on for years! You still haven't learned that! WTH is wrong with some of you READ MORE, RESEARCH, GET SMARTER!

So many small brains following idiotic sources are convinced someone wants to ban guns. WAKE UP YOUR MORONS. STOP DRIVING UP THE PRICE OF BULLETS BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPIDITY!

Find that full conversation instead of a 45 second clip you moron! So ignorant!

No, I'm fully aware of the morons that think she stated she wants to ban all guns because Fox News played a specific selected clip out of her speech. She openly stated "if it was up to me, I'd ban all Assault Style weapons", NOT ALL GUNS small brain. This conversation has been going on for years! You still haven't learned that! WTH is wrong with some of you READ MORE, RESEARCH, GET SMARTER!

So many small brains following idiotic sources are convinced someone wants to ban guns. WAKE UP YOUR MORONS. STOP DRIVING UP THE PRICE OF BULLETS BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPIDITY!

Yes - you really should learn to read and research. Here - let me get you started (how embarrassing for you )...

No One Wants to Ban or Confiscate Guns huh These Quotes from Anti Gun Leaders Say Otherwise

Yes - you really should learn to read and research. Here - let me get you started (how embarrassing for you )...

No One Wants to Ban or Confiscate Guns huh These Quotes from Anti Gun Leaders Say Otherwise

Seriously AP - how humiliated are you feeling right now proclaiming that "no one significant wants to ban all guns" when this link PROVES you are WRONG and IGNORANT?

:dance:

Oh don't worry Billy - there are many more examples coming. How many real world instances before you can no longer claim "anecdotal" my friend?
Aren't UK stats enough for you? It's a shame we didn't start off that way.

Actually since the UK banned firearms their use in crime has gone UP. As has violent rimes across the board.

Private ownership of guns is illegal in the UK yet there are less than 50 gun deaths a year. In the US? 11,000 a year.

You do realize that the U.K. is has more violent crime than the U.S....right?

You do realize that guns are used to save lives and stop violent crime in the U.S. on average 1.4 million times a year...right?

So10-11,000 gun murders a year, 80% from gangs...vs. 1.4 million lives saved and violent crimes stopped...if you went to a school controlled by a wing of the democrat party determining which number is actually bigger may be a problem...if not...you'll see that guns save lives...

Private ownership of guns is illegal in the UK yet there are less than 50 gun deaths a year. In the US? 11,000 a year.

the following link shows the twists and turns the anti gunners have to go thru to lie about their own stats...they start out saying that the numbers showing the U.K. has more crime than the U.S. are wrong...implying that we have more crime per 100,000 people...but they have to admit that the U.K. still has 2 times the crime rate of the U.S. ...watching them try to spin that is pretty funny...

By the Numbers Is the UK really 5 times more violent than the US 8211 The Skeptical Libertarian Blog

Due to fundamental differences in how crime is recorded and categorized, it’s impossible to compute exactly what the British violent crime rate would be if it were calculated the way the FBI does it, but if we must compare the two, my best estimate‡ would be something like 776 violent crimes per 100,000 people. While this is still substantially higher than the rate in the United States, it’s nowhere near the 2,034 cited by Swann and the Mail.

The U.K. violent crime is almost 2 times higher than the U.S....and they have banned guns...

First, it should be noted that the figures Swann gives are out of date: in 2010, according to the FBI, the reported rate of violent crime in the US was 403 incidents per 100,000 people–the 466 figure comes from 2007.

Last edited:

Find that full conversation instead of a 45 second clip you moron! So ignorant!

Do either of you retards know what an assault weapon is? And why would you support banning assault "style" weapons? That pretty much means you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Do either of you retards know what an assault weapon is? And why would you support banning assault "style" weapons? That pretty much means you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Can you blame them though...they were probably educated in a government school controlled by the education wing of the democrat party...explains a lot, doesn't it...?

Clayton...do the orderlies know you are wandering around loose again...didn't they revoke your computer privileges...?

Actually since the UK banned firearms their use in crime has gone UP. As has violent rimes across the board.
That's a bullshit justification. It is legal to own a gun in Australia yet their crime rate is worse than the UK. To suggest gun ban has anything to do with it is bullshit.

Tell me what are the stats on gun ownership deterring crime?

The vast majority of violent crime in this country is committed by minorities which the left claims is their base. Seems to me they should be cleaning up their problem and leave law abiding conservatives the hell alone.

SMH...

I'm looking forward to Buttsoiler's upcoming threads, "Hand grenades continue to save lives", "Arson continues to save lives" and "Nuclear bombs continue to save lives".

Thanks for not going into the health care field.

Forum List

Back