Guns! (Again)

suplex3000

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2014
Georgia
When a child finds an improperly stored weapon and kills himself or others, why do people call it a "tragic accident"?
It's negligence and why does the NRA have nothing to say about these shootings? Do they just consider it to be collateral damage for optimizing gun sales?
Two-Year-Old Fatally Shoots Self With Father s Gun in Florida - NBC News
Two-year-old shoots kills mother in US - Business Insider
Infant dies after being shot in head by 5-year-old brother WHNT.com
Stats on Accidental Child Shootings Are Way Off

Sugar cookies and french fries being shoved in kids mouths do far more harm to far more children than guns ever will.

Sugar cookies and french fries being shoved in kids mouths do far more harm to far more children than guns ever will.
true
but sugar and french fries harm children's health but don't kill them or another people.yes?
Basically I agree with you but what about guns and why do people call it a "tragic accident"?

When a child finds an improperly stored weapon and kills himself or others, why do people call it a "tragic accident"?
It's negligence and why does the NRA have nothing to say about these shootings? Do they just consider it to be collateral damage for optimizing gun sales?

I'd like to see these idiots charged with 1st degree murder. If they have guns in the house, it indicates they were planning to shoot someone. Same with the idiotic carrying a gun every where you go. That's premeditation.

More than 30 gun deaths a day in the US. All so these pathetic, scared lit Might Mouse jerks can pretend to be big and tough.

I guess it's the same reason that we don't hear from the AMA and others when hospitals kill over a hundred thousand people a year. I guess it's the same reason that we don't hear the department of justice say anything about the innocent citizens in our prisons and jails, or saying anything about police brutality and cold blooded murder. I guess it's the same reason that we don't hear city mayors say anything about kicking the homeless out of parks, off streets, tearing down tent cities, and ignoring their needs. I guess it's the same reason that our government doesn't say anything about sending our jobs to foreign countries, ignoring our immigration laws, or supplying weapons to drug lords and terrorists.

It's very sad when a child picks up a loaded gun and shoots someone, a real terrible tragedy. Yes, I also blame the parents for that. It should never happen. But, by the same token, it's just as tragic when we put innocent citizens behind bars for years, allow hospitals to kill thousand due to neglect and carelessness, allow the cops to make life even more miserable for the homeless than they already have it, and never question our government for the obvious wrong they do. There are many wrongs, many tragedies, many unfortunate things that happen every single day, and many injustices that we see where nothing is done to correct them. Children with loaded guns is a terrible and sad thing, but lets look at the big picture and address all tragedies and injustices, and bring all of them to the forefront so that we can shine a spotlight on them in order to make each stand out and be noticed.

A lot more kids are are killed by cars than by guns. Why don't you libs ever mention that?

wow..what a well thought out thread....never thought i would see this topic discussed. i cant believe no one has thought of it before..where have you been this place has been so boring without you....what a fantastic observation

I think the parents could be charged with negligence. However, it's still a tragic accident. Since no one intended it to happen, it's an accident by definition. As far as people only having guns in the house because they are planning to shoot someone; that's just a foolish statement.

I'd like to see these idiots charged with 1st degree murder. If they have guns in the house, it indicates they were planning to shoot someone. Same with the idiotic carrying a gun every where you go. That's premeditation.

More than 30 gun deaths a day in the US. All so these pathetic, scared lit Might Mouse jerks can pretend to be big and tough.
So since you claim you own firearms using your own logic you plan to shoot someone, right?

So since you claim you own firearms using your own logic you plan to shoot someone, right?

If the situation were to arise, of course I would DEFEND myself and my family.

You just claimed that the ONLY reason someone has a firearm is to shoot someone, so then who do you plan to shoot?

So I should call the FBI and report you since you just admitted that for you the only reason to own and possess a firearm is because you are planning to shoot someone. You admit it is premeditation.

Where do you live? In Detroit ghetto?What are you afraid of?

Where do you live? In Detroit ghetto?What are you afraid of?

You would attack one of your buddies? he is a gun grabbing lefty that pretends he has firearms or he has just admitted he owns firearms for the sole purpose of shooting someone in cold blood.

You just claimed that the ONLY reason someone has a firearm is to shoot someone, so then who do you plan to shoot?

RetiredGySgt

Post a link to where I wrote "that the ONLY reason someone has a firearm is to shoot someone".

So I should call the FBI and report you since you just admitted that for you the only reason to own and possess a firearm is because you are planning to shoot someone. You admit it is premeditation.

Post a link to where I wrote "the only reason to own and possess a firearm is because you are planning to shoot someone".

I'll try to remember to check this thread tomorrow.

:night:

You Luddly posted this. You stated that IF they had a firearm in the house it was to SHOOT someone. You stated it was premeditated.

You Luddly posted this. You stated that IF they had a firearm in the house it was to SHOOT someone. You stated it was premeditated.

Damn. Yep. He said it. He owns guns too. So who is he planning to shoot?

Yes, most of the time it is negligence. And the parents are probably punishing themselves harder than the State ever could. However, there are over 300 million firearms in this country and the overwhelmingly vast majority are used properly. Why is it you progressives think that it is appropriate to violate the rights of all of those people? If you cared about kids, you would stop abortions. It's as simple as that.

Forum List

Back