Gunman at DC Navy Yard shoots at least 7

You're saying the 'gun free zone' didn't work, one imposed by the US military? How did disarming the members of the military working in that building work out? About as well as it did at Ft Hood?

There is no excuse for those that expect their feel good rules will be obeyed by criminals. None.

There are both military AND private security on that base.

They carry guns.

And how'd that work out? Thousands of disarmed people that can't defend themselves flee for their lives or cower in the a gun free zone corner while they're murdered. Once again, the criminals didn't care about your rules and people died. Their blood is on the hands of those that support laws that give an edge to crazies by disarming law abiding citizens. Shame on you.

You can't shame a dimocrap. Or a whore.

Like there's a difference :dunno:

Umm I wouldnt consider this a gun free zone. Plenty of people on bases have guns...Believe me I have lived on many .. we had guns..

WUT?

I was staitoned in Fort Gordon, Ga.

Firearms were locked up in the armory . MP's were the only ones allowed to carry them. Neither members of the military nor civilians could bring guns to the base.

The VA Hospitals will not even allow guns into the properties

So what the fuck are you talking about.

You could have them in your Housing Quarters.

I was married and an E5 at Fort Devens and lived in a Military-Assigned House. A nice one, too.

A lot of people had guns in their Housing.

A lot of people had guns in their cars.

But yeah, the actual Military issue weapons were kept under lock and key in the CONUS.

Things are a little more strict now. You can have personal weapons in off base housing, but not on the base proper. You cannot even have them in your POV on base. If you cannot store your weapon off base you have to store them in the armory or leave them at the gate.

WUT?

Firearms were locked up in the armory . MP's were the only ones allowed to carry them. Neither members of the military nor civilians could bring guns to the base.

I was married and an E5 at Fort Devens and lived in a Military-Assigned House. A nice one, too.

But yeah, the actual Military issue weapons were kept under lock and key in the CONUS.

End Clinton-era military base gun ban

Among President Clinton’s first acts upon taking office in 1993 was to disarm U.S. soldiers on military bases. In March 1993, the Army imposed regulations forbidding military personnel from carrying their personal firearms and making it almost impossible for commanders to issue firearms to soldiers in the U.S. for personal protection. For the most part, only military police regularly carry firearms on base, and their presence is stretched thin by high demand for MPs in war zones."

You're (again) full of crap. Weapons have NEVER been allowed anywhere on a military installation in anything other than (a) the unit Armory - the SM could check his personal weapon out during regular hours (for hunting or range firing) but had to return it to the Armory or (b) the weapon could be in post housing AFTER have been registered at the MP office. The weapon could be transported in a POV as long as it was unloaded and in plain view. These regulations are STILL in effect.

That was SOP from the time I joined the Army in 1965 and has been in effect since that time. I carried a weapon in a shoulder rig from 1968 through 1987. Everday, 7 days a week, 365 days a year - because it was my job.

I flew on military aircraft, civilian aircraft and never once (upon identifying myself) had to relinquish my weapon.

I am a pro-gun American and I did not self-identify with the term "nutters".

Oh jesusfucking christ, what the hell is the matter with some of you?

If you've paid any attention to the OP's politics, you should easily be able to see that when he uses the term "nutters" in this context, he's refering to us on the board who are pro-gun, pro-2nd Amendment, etc.
I'm pro-gun, pro-2nd.

That doesn't mean I believe citizens should have military weaponry.

Why not?

You guys crack me up. Instead of ever, just once, trying to understand or converse, you immediately attack.

Just fyi for Surfer cockroach - Harry Dresden is a professional rw troll who goes from thread to thread, posting really idiotic attacks on me. He's on your side. :cuckoo:

I cannot believe you can say this with a straight face!
Go back and read your own OP and then let's see you complain about others immediately attacking !
Unfuckingbelievable.

or go read any of his other anti-gun threads....and then he says he is not for getting rid of guns....his threads sure dont give one that impression....

If the killer(s?) had used knives, I would have posted that people had been killed/wounded by knives.

Post even one post of mine that says I'm anti gun. You can't because you're a liar.

But, hey, don't let that stop you from posting more lies. :cuckoo:

So we just had another 12 Americans killed in senseless gun violence

Who cares? Bury them, tell everyone how sorry we are, put the flags at half staff and go about your business

We are not going to do a fucking thing about it anyway. It is the price we pay for our second amendment rights

Don't you all feel safe?

Umm I wouldnt consider this a gun free zone. Plenty of people on bases have guns...Believe me I have lived on many .. we had guns..

WUT?

What was the reasoning? That U.S. military personnel could not be trusted? That officers were afraid of fragging?

If you cannot trust a fellow Marine, who can you trust?

images

So, Gun nuts break the laws and that is your justification for not having laws

We still have murders, is that your justification for repealing murder laws?

Your stupidity continues to grow. A gun is a tool. Nothing more and nothing less. Should we take wrenches away from mechanics because they have, on occasion, beaten customers to death with a wrench?

If there were no guns, they would have used explosives. If there were no explosives they would have used rocks. If rocks were outlawed they would have used spears.

Stop blaming the damned tool and begin blaming the criminal, will you?
AR-15s have only one purpose, one function.

Your wrench analogy is ignorant.

I cannot believe you can say this with a straight face!
Go back and read your own OP and then let's see you complain about others immediately attacking !
Unfuckingbelievable.

or go read any of his other anti-gun threads....and then he says he is not for getting rid of guns....his threads sure dont give one that impression....

If the killer(s?) had used knives, I would have posted that people had been killed/wounded by knives.

Post even one post of mine that says I'm anti gun. You can't because you're a liar.

But, hey, don't let that stop you from posting more lies. :cuckoo:

Maybe you're not anti-gun. But you're a fervent supporter of the scumbags who are.

You're saying the 'gun free zone' didn't work, one imposed by the US military? How did disarming the members of the military working in that building work out? About as well as it did at Ft Hood?

There is no excuse for those that expect their feel good rules will be obeyed by criminals. None.

There are both military AND private security on that base.

They carry guns.

And how'd that work out? Thousands of disarmed people that can't defend themselves flee for their lives or cower in the a gun free zone corner while they're murdered. Once again, the criminals didn't care about your rules and people died. Their blood is on the hands of those that support laws that give an edge to crazies by disarming law abiding citizens. Shame on you.

And yet, the rw nutters want someone on grade school campuses armed so they can take out the shooter.

Who is at the other end of the campus.
Or off that day.

Make up your "minds", fools.

Or, how about you just post signs: "Mass shooters, Enter Here".

Yeah, that sounds like something you tools would come up with.

Oh jesusfucking christ, what the hell is the matter with some of you?

If you've paid any attention to the OP's politics, you should easily be able to see that when he uses the term "nutters" in this context, he's refering to us on the board who are pro-gun, pro-2nd Amendment, etc.
I'm pro-gun, pro-2nd.

I'm afraid that's WAY too complicated for some posters to understand.

Explain this thread where the complaint was about someone with a pistol.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/312268-another-baby-killed-with-a-gun.html

Or this one where you complained about legal gun owners conducting a peaceful protest.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/311904-the-gun-nutters-are-losing-control.html

Your stupidity continues to grow. A gun is a tool. Nothing more and nothing less. Should we take wrenches away from mechanics because they have, on occasion, beaten customers to death with a wrench?

If there were no guns, they would have used explosives. If there were no explosives they would have used rocks. If rocks were outlawed they would have used spears.

How about Pressure Cookers?

Horseshit, all it says is that the person is a gun nutter, which is correct. It seems like you right wing morons think those that go on shooting sprees are "2nd amendment loving patriots exercising their rights" :cuckoo:

Horseshit my ass, he said quote:"Bring on the nutters with their lame ass excuses"

Get your facts straight before you post next time.
I guess you all consider yourselves 'nutters'. :dunno:

Dudly considers ANYONE who has a different opinion then he does not only a "nutter".....but Anti-American.....and it pissed me off when he was referring to a few posters here who are not only Vets but a couple had fought in one of our wars as "Traitors" in one of his wonderful tolerant threads.....the guys a jerk and should be treated like one....

Get ready.

Next will come the "let's ban cars" whines.

I'm pro-gun, pro-2nd.

I'm afraid that's WAY too complicated for some posters to understand.

Explain this thread where the complaint was about someone with a pistol.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/312268-another-baby-killed-with-a-gun.html

Or this one where you complained about legal gun owners conducting a peaceful protest.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/311904-the-gun-nutters-are-losing-control.html

Are you trying to say that a dimocrap is a lying dirtbag?

shocking

End Clinton-era military base gun ban

Among President Clinton’s first acts upon taking office in 1993 was to disarm U.S. soldiers on military bases. In March 1993, the Army imposed regulations forbidding military personnel from carrying their personal firearms and making it almost impossible for commanders to issue firearms to soldiers in the U.S. for personal protection. For the most part, only military police regularly carry firearms on base, and their presence is stretched thin by high demand for MPs in war zones."

You're (again) full of crap. Weapons have NEVER been allowed anywhere on a military installation in anything other than (a) the unit Armory - the SM could check his personal weapon out during regular hours (for hunting or range firing) but had to return it to the Armory or (b) the weapon could be in post housing AFTER have been registered at the MP office. The weapon could be transported in a POV as long as it was unloaded and in plain view. These regulations are STILL in effect.

That was SOP from the time I joined the Army in 1965 and has been in effect since that time. I carried a weapon in a shoulder rig from 1968 through 1987. Everday, 7 days a week, 365 days a year - because it was my job.

I flew on military aircraft, civilian aircraft and never once (upon identifying myself) had to relinquish my weapon.

I was allowed to bring a weapon onto my ship and store it in the small arms locker. I didn't need to clear it with the base first, so I have no idea what planet you were on when you served.

Yes, to send a projecticle, accelerated via the detonative combustion of a smokless gunpoweder down a barrel in the direction of the barrel's opening.

Forum List

Back