Gun Wisdom

I won't ever forget the moment my Hawken arrived. I'd been waiting for it. The balance on it stunned me. The way I could feel it was amazing.

I just remember this feeling of being one. I don't know how else to explain it. Anyone else can jump in if they can verbalize this emotion. For true. I held it in my arms and I felt complete.

Does that make any sense to anyone else? I felt whole.

Good God! No, I don't remember feeling that way at all. My Hawken started out as a kit. Had to sand the barrel, stock, and brass. The only thing that was finished was the trigger and lock.

When I fired it, and sighted it in, the accuracy and feel was that of a good tool. Like the many other good tools I own.

Never could understand the love affair with a peice of steel and wood.

Applied sciences/engineer outlook/mindset vs the artistic/humanities outlook/mindset.

ah, america and its love of guns. Aint it just cute!

We tried being subjects once. Didn't much care for it.

Now we're citizens.

Can you understand the difference?

Citizens, subjects, whatever. All irrelevant...

Have said more than once am willing to debate your freedoms as a citizen vs mine as a subject....and see how really is free...
Apparently, you can't understand the difference.

Not at all surprising.

Kill em all and let God sort them out

I'm really glad you don't own a gun. You might just try and do it. 99.995% of the rest of us gun owners on the other hand would do everything possible to prevent you.

We tried being subjects once. Didn't much care for it.

Now we're citizens.

Can you understand the difference?

Have said more than once am willing to debate your freedoms as a citizen vs mine as a subject....and see how really is free...

Not at all surprising.

Oh, I understand the difference. You're running away from the debate.

What you think you have in terms of freedoms, and what you actually have, are two different things...

Not at all surprising.

What you think you have in terms of freedoms, and what you actually have, are two different things...
I run away from nothing. And it's always hilarious when people think they're qualified to tell me what I think...especially people who aren't capable of thinking for themselves. :lol:

ah, america and its love of guns. Aint it just cute!

Yeah, it's grand. It's allowed idiots to survive far longer then they would have otherwise.

And gives you the highest deaths via firearms in the Western World, too....

Yes, and there are several other factors you chooses to ignore. First off the US has a population greater then most of Europe. Secondly we have a true mixture of races. If you look at the gun deaths they are mainly among the black and hispanic races. This is not a racist statement it is merely a fact.

There was a well known study that compared gun deaths in Seatle vs gun deaths in Vancouver two decades ago. I don't remember the exact numbers but it was someting on the order of 75 in Seatle and 5 in Vancouver. When you subtract the deaths from hispanics and blacks the numbers were the same, 5 and 5.

Why the disparity? I don't know. But the fact remains there is tremendous racial stress that exhists in the US that doesn't exist in Europe. That manifests itself in gang violence (overwhelmingly involving black and hispanics) and sadly they resort to gun violence at the drop of a hat. Once again this is not meant to be a racist rant it is the presentation of factual data that you can obtain from the FBI's Uniform Crime Reports.

Last edited:
I won't ever forget the moment my Hawken arrived. I'd been waiting for it. The balance on it stunned me. The way I could feel it was amazing.

I just remember this feeling of being one. I don't know how else to explain it. Anyone else can jump in if they can verbalize this emotion. For true. I held it in my arms and I felt complete.

Does that make any sense to anyone else? I felt whole.

No, and if it was one of those Italian pieces of crap i would feel cheap not whole. guns were cool when i was young, but not so much now. i can not stand the sound of gun fire or the sound of a fire arms action being cycled. When I do shoot, I use ear plugs as well as muffs to block as much of the noise as possible. I build black powder guns as a hobby. At this time im building a northwest trade gun. When I hunt, I do so with a long bow, and I hunt pigs with dogs and a large knife. Not anti gun, I own a few, just dont enjoy shooting them as much as I used to.

Not at all surprising.

I run away from nothing. And it's always hilarious when people think they're qualified to tell me what I think...especially people who aren't capable of thinking for themselves. :lol:

Ok, tell me how you are more 'free' than I...in practical terms.

Yeah, it's grand. It's allowed idiots to survive far longer then they would have otherwise.

And gives you the highest deaths via firearms in the Western World, too....

Yes, and there are several other factors you chooses to ignore. First off the US has a population greater then most of Europe. Secondly we have a true mixture of races. If you look at the gun deaths they are mainly among the black and hispanic races. This is not a racist statement it is merely a fact.

There was a well known study that compared gun deaths in Seatle vs gun deaths in Vancouver two decades ago. I don't remember the exact numbers but it was someting on the order of 75 in Seatle and 5 in Vancouver. When you subtract the deaths from hispanics and blacks the numbers were the same, 5 and 5.

Why the disparity? I don't know. But the fact remains there is tremendous racial stress that exhists in the US that doesn't exist in Europe. That manifests itself in gang violence (overwhelmingly involving black and hispanics) and sadly they resort to gun violence at the drop of a hat. Once again this is not meant to be a racist rant it is the presentation of factual data that you can obtain from the FBI's Uniform Crime Reports.

Race is irrelevent....they are your stats, live with 'em...;o)

Forum List

Back