Gun nuts intimidate mothers in parking lot

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/12/u...escalating-battle-over-texas-gun-culture.html

“I was terrified,” said the woman who helped coordinate the meeting and who spoke on the condition of anonymity because she said she feared for her safety. “They didn’t want to talk. They wanted to display force.”

The armed group of men, women and children was made up of members of a gun rights organization called Open Carry Texas, and they stayed in the parking lot about 10 or 15 minutes to protest the Moms Demand Action meeting and then left.

40 Armed Gun Advocates Intimidate Mothers Against Gun Violence In A Restaurant Parking Lot | ThinkProgress

According to a spokeswoman for Moms Demand Action (MDA), the moms were inside the Blue Mesa Grill when members of Open Carry Texas (OCT) — an open carry advocacy group — “pull[ed] up in the parking lot and start[ed] getting guns out of their trunks.” The group then waited in the parking lot for the four MDA members to come out. The spokeswoman said that the restaurant manager did not want to call 911, for fear of “inciting a riot” and waited for the gun advocates to leave. The group moved to a nearby Hooters after approximately two hours.

MDA later released a statement calling OCT “gun bullies” who “disagree[d] with our goal of changing America’s gun laws and policies to protect our children and families.” The statement added that the members and restaurant customers were “terrified by what appeared to be an armed ambush.” A member of OCT responded by tweeting, “I guess I’m a #gunbullies #Comeandtakeit.”

Open Carry Advocates Stand Outside Moms Against Gun Violence Meeting: Tell Us if You Think They Went Too Far | TheBlaze.com

open-carry-texas.jpg

Armed protesters rattle Texas moms' gun-control meeting

Police monitored the incident at the Blue Mesa Grill in Arlington, Texas, but took no action because it is legal to carry long guns openly in Texas.

"We are aware that a group did gather in a shopping area in Arlington Saturday," Tiara Ellis Richard of the Arlington Police office of communication said in an e-mail to USA TODAY. "Officers were notified and arrived at the location. There were no issues that we are aware of, and no arrests occurred."

A ticking time bomb.

Texas Gun Bullies Use Semi-Automatics To Terrorize Mothers Against Guns-NRA Remains Silent - Forbes

According to the MDA statement—

“Members of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America gathered for a membership meeting today at Blue Mesa Grill restaurant. We were confronted soon after by gun advocates who disagree with our goal of changing America’s gun laws and policies to protect our children and families. Gun advocates held an armed protest in the parking lot, and our mom members and restaurant customers were terrified by what appeared to be an armed ambush. Sadly, these bullies feel they must use guns to intimidate moms and children and try to inhibit our constitutional right to free speech. But Moms Demand Action will not be deterred. The desperate actions of this vocal minority only fuels our determination to fight for gun reform in Texas and across the country. Change will come.”

Good. Their intimidation was met with a higher level of intimidation. That's excellent. I'll intimidate anyone who tries to restrict my Constitutional rights.

:cuckoo:

Why do you fools insist on saying stupid crap like this?

This gang of heavily armed thugs in a parking lot outside a restaurant restricts other people's right to safety. Look at that photo.

The people who want to eat there as well as the owners of the restaurant and any passersby have the right to be safe from gangs of armed thugs.

OTOH, at least they have the gumption to open carry so people can choose to get to a safer place.

What's funny to me is that if they were all black, you hypocritical nutters would be screeching a different tune.

Good. Their intimidation was met with a higher level of intimidation. That's excellent. I'll intimidate anyone who tries to restrict my Constitutional rights.

This gang of heavily armed thugs in a parking lot outside a restaurant restricts other people's right to safety. Look at that photo.

The people who want to eat there as well as the owners of the restaurant and any passersby have the right to be safe from gangs of armed thugs.

OTOH, at least they have the gumption to open carry so people can choose to get to a safer place.

What's funny to me is that if they were all black, you hypocritical nutters would be screeching a different tune.

Impressive you've managed to infuse your usual stupidity and faux outrage with strawman argument and even the race card.

You're still dumber than a bag of hammers.

Last edited:
Too many in this nation are brain washed into thinking that law abiding gun owners are not responsible people with using their firearms.
Where is the terror or threats in that picture?
Are they holding their guns in a threating way? NO!
Do they have the guns aimed at the protesters in the restaurant? NO!
Was there any arrests? NO!

People in this Country need to start using their heads about guns and not believe the anti gun people, who have talked the majority of this nation into believing that all guns are bad and anyone who has one is bad.

If the Women had used their heads and not their feelings, they would not have been so frightened or intimidated.

People of this Nation need to get it through their heads that Law abiding Citizens have the right to carry
their guns in the open.

How is showing your gun Bullying?
They are not even standing in a threating manor.
Now if they had pointed the guns, or would have stood in a threating manor, that would have been bullying and terrorizing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/12/u...escalating-battle-over-texas-gun-culture.html

“I was terrified,” said the woman who helped coordinate the meeting and who spoke on the condition of anonymity because she said she feared for her safety. “They didn’t want to talk. They wanted to display force.”

The armed group of men, women and children was made up of members of a gun rights organization called Open Carry Texas, and they stayed in the parking lot about 10 or 15 minutes to protest the Moms Demand Action meeting and then left.

40 Armed Gun Advocates Intimidate Mothers Against Gun Violence In A Restaurant Parking Lot | ThinkProgress

According to a spokeswoman for Moms Demand Action (MDA), the moms were inside the Blue Mesa Grill when members of Open Carry Texas (OCT) — an open carry advocacy group — “pull[ed] up in the parking lot and start[ed] getting guns out of their trunks.” The group then waited in the parking lot for the four MDA members to come out. The spokeswoman said that the restaurant manager did not want to call 911, for fear of “inciting a riot” and waited for the gun advocates to leave. The group moved to a nearby Hooters after approximately two hours.

MDA later released a statement calling OCT “gun bullies” who “disagree[d] with our goal of changing America’s gun laws and policies to protect our children and families.” The statement added that the members and restaurant customers were “terrified by what appeared to be an armed ambush.” A member of OCT responded by tweeting, “I guess I’m a #gunbullies #Comeandtakeit.”

Open Carry Advocates Stand Outside Moms Against Gun Violence Meeting: Tell Us if You Think They Went Too Far | TheBlaze.com

open-carry-texas.jpg

Police monitored the incident at the Blue Mesa Grill in Arlington, Texas, but took no action because it is legal to carry long guns openly in Texas.

"We are aware that a group did gather in a shopping area in Arlington Saturday," Tiara Ellis Richard of the Arlington Police office of communication said in an e-mail to USA TODAY. "Officers were notified and arrived at the location. There were no issues that we are aware of, and no arrests occurred."

A ticking time bomb.

The picture in question was taken from the side, to make it look like the gun owners were lying in wait.

Here is the real picture, which they were posing for.

"Think" "Progress" on guns: Lying, lazy, or both? | The Daily Caller

and yet no one was shot, with 40 gun owners there. according to kellerman the 43 times number should have applied here....

open-carry-texas.jpg

A ticking time bomb.

I can see why they were terrified, they are hysterical women who think guns are scary.

GUNS-2-popup.jpg

Tell me something Luddly, why didn't you post this gun story? It has everything you hate, they took the law into their own hands, broke into a house they didn't own, and killed an innocent man who was simply teaching his ex proper manners.

It is even on PuffHo, so it will be really easy for you to find.

On Friday, as police and family members alike searched near Thomas' abandoned car, along with areas near his hometown, witnesses gave the family members a tip about a vacant house in a nearby field where the car was located.
Daily Advertiser photographer Leslie Westbrook, who spent much of the day with the family as they searched, was there to capture the intense scenes that soon played out.
A neighborhood resident and another man, along with almost half a dozen members of Arceneaux's family, took off on four-wheelers toward the house.
As they got closer, family members said they heard the screams of their missing relative begging for help.
The family converged on the house, kicking down the door as Thomas allegedly began stabbing Arceneaux multiple times, according to KLFY, a local news station.
This was not the first time Thomas allegedly abused Arceneaux, but it would be the last.
An armed family member shot Thomas three times, killing him, Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Capt. Kip Judice said.
Bethany Arceneaux, Kidnapping Victim, Rescued By Family Members Who Killed Her Captor: Cops

Tell you what, every time you post a stupid story about how bad you think guns are, I will post this one. Which of us do you think will get more reps? I bet even the people that think guns should be regulated like my story more.

Last edited:
Point taken but that does not change the fact that people have the right to being safe from armed gangs - no matter what their stated purpose is.

I would not knowingly sit in a restaurant with these people.

But, just like the rw hysteria over which bathroom transgender people are using, its very likely that I have been in restaurants where people were armed and did not know it.

As usual, the nutters want to protect their own rights at the expense of other people's rights.

They are not a gang nor are they thugs.

These are gangs and thugs, not law abiding Citizens who are fed up with losing their 2nd amendment rights.

Gun-toting gang members jailed after being 'named and shamed' on Facebook | Mail Online

L.A Gang members
http://theselvedgeyard.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/robert-yager-cholo-la-gang-gun-12.png?w=700

http://theselvedgeyard.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/robert-yager-cholo-la-gang-tattoo.jpg?w=700

If you can't see the difference between the photo of the people in the parking lot and the photos of actual law breakers who are thugs and members of gangs, you are really brain washed.

You fail again, Duddley. As usual. You're a dishonest turd. That's all. But thanks for posting teh story so someone could show you what a good little propaganda repeater you are.

congrats.

Tell me something Luddly, why didn't you post this gun story? It has everything you hate, they took the law into their own hands, broke into a house they didn't own, and killed an innocent man who was simply teaching his ex proper manners.

It is even on PuffHo, so it will be really easy for you to find.

On Friday, as police and family members alike searched near Thomas' abandoned car, along with areas near his hometown, witnesses gave the family members a tip about a vacant house in a nearby field where the car was located.
Daily Advertiser photographer Leslie Westbrook, who spent much of the day with the family as they searched, was there to capture the intense scenes that soon played out.
A neighborhood resident and another man, along with almost half a dozen members of Arceneaux's family, took off on four-wheelers toward the house.
As they got closer, family members said they heard the screams of their missing relative begging for help.
The family converged on the house, kicking down the door as Thomas allegedly began stabbing Arceneaux multiple times, according to KLFY, a local news station.
This was not the first time Thomas allegedly abused Arceneaux, but it would be the last.
An armed family member shot Thomas three times, killing him, Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Capt. Kip Judice said.
Bethany Arceneaux, Kidnapping Victim, Rescued By Family Members Who Killed Her Captor: Cops

Tell you what, every time you post a stupid story about how bad you think guns are, I will post this one. Which of us do you think will get more reps? I bet even the people that think guns should be regulated like my story more.

I hadn't' seen it. But, there are many gazillions of articles I don't post and even more that I don't see. Post it all you want. I always ignore trolls.

I have no problem with people spreading their message, I do have a problem with people trying to disrupt the beliefs of others while they are doing so.

I'm sure [MENTION=45779]lakeview[/MENTION] will be along eventually to condemn Open Carry Texas for disrupting MDA's attempt to spread their message.

open-carry-texas.jpg

A ticking time bomb.

I can see why they were terrified, they are hysterical women who think guns are scary.

GUNS-2-popup.jpg

Looks like they came armed this time.

And, if "you" were driving to that restaurant and saw that point of view from the street?

The nutters will lie but most people would not want to park in that lot.

No matter what your pov is, yours aren't the only rights in question.

Point taken but that does not change the fact that people have the right to being safe from armed gangs - no matter what their stated purpose is.

I would not knowingly sit in a restaurant with these people.

But, just like the rw hysteria over which bathroom transgender people are using, its very likely that I have been in restaurants where people were armed and did not know it.

As usual, the nutters want to protect their own rights at the expense of other people's rights.

It isn't an armed gang you brain dead moron. It a group of citizens posing for a picture.

You got your stupid hat handed to you and you need to just admit it.

Dumbass.

Wait, one of the women looks a little swarthy... and those kids look mixed race to me!!

Uh oh! all us gun rights supporters will now immidately withdraw our support for this group!!!!

/sarcasm.

Forum List

Back