Gun lobby out of control

Figaro

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2014
I want to discuss the problem of lobbying with you. I am perfectly OK with it and understand that without lobbying our political landscape would probably look different. To my mind the problem is a resources asymmetry.
2nd Amendment is a constant point of clashes between liberal and conservative public. What is really interesting to me is tremendous difference in resources between NRA and their opponents.
With profits over $250 million NRA is able to shape national politics. Guns revenue in the US equals to $15 bln. and is still growing. Everytown for Gun Safety is 5 times smaller in terms of money. People wanting to get rid of arms are not backed by huge and powerful companies. And therefore have no chances of pushing back pro-arms activists
gold_guns_001.jpg

Not to mention NRA gets outspent every election. It's not always the biggest spender that wins.

What's sick is this:

Before the rapist, Clinton, stole and infested the white house, nobody paid much attention to 'Assault Weapons' or high capacity magazines or concealed carry or much else involving the weapons industry.

Then the rapist came up with his Brady Bill, named after Reagan's favorite vegetable.

And the rush began. Now, everybody has an AR-15, a 15 round 9mm, AK47s, etc, etc.

And I will be the first to tell you -- Most of those people have no business owning such a weapon.

'nother story.

But this just leads me to point up, once again, how dimocrap scum FUCK UP everything they touch.

I mean -- EVERYTHING.

Even the things that they had good intentions with (a few) like racism, welfare, education, etc, etc -- EVERYTHING.

And it only gets worse when they do something in which they have bad intentions.

dimocraps are stupid, people. I mean, mouth-breathing, drool-cup, short bus stupid.

If dimocraps are behind it -- It's going to be a clusterfuck.

Just think 'Dee-Troit' any and every time dimocraps want to take control of something -- Anything.

Its not just the gun lobby. Lobbyists write bills and congress votes according to the amount of money that changes hands. Its the lobbyists who own and operate our congress.

I want to discuss the problem of lobbying with you. I am perfectly OK with it and understand that without lobbying our political landscape would probably look different. To my mind the problem is a resources asymmetry.
2nd Amendment is a constant point of clashes between liberal and conservative public. What is really interesting to me is tremendous difference in resources between NRA and their opponents.
With profits over $250 million NRA is able to shape national politics. Guns revenue in the US equals to $15 bln. and is still growing. Everytown for Gun Safety is 5 times smaller in terms of money. People wanting to get rid of arms are not backed by huge and powerful companies. And therefore have no chances of pushing back pro-arms activists
gold_guns_001.jpg

To my mind the problem is a resources asymmetry.

People freely spending their own money is a problem for liberals.

What's sick is this:

Before the rapist, Clinton, stole and infested the white house, nobody paid much attention to 'Assault Weapons' or high capacity magazines or concealed carry or much else involving the weapons industry.

Then the rapist came up with his Brady Bill, named after Reagan's favorite vegetable.

And the rush began. Now, everybody has an AR-15, a 15 round 9mm, AK47s, etc, etc.

And I will be the first to tell you -- Most of those people have no business owning such a weapon.

'nother story.

But this just leads me to point up, once again, how dimocrap scum FUCK UP everything they touch.

I mean -- EVERYTHING.

Even the things that they had good intentions with (a few) like racism, welfare, education, etc, etc -- EVERYTHING.

And it only gets worse when they do something in which they have bad intentions.

dimocraps are stupid, people. I mean, mouth-breathing, drool-cup, short bus stupid.

Just think 'Dee-Troit' any and every time dimocraps want to take control of something -- Anything.

Reagan was the first president to support the Brady Bill, dummy. :thup:

What's sick is this:

'nother story.

I mean -- EVERYTHING.

Reagan was the first President to support the bill that Clinton signed into law? Okay......

gold_guns_001.jpg
First, Lobbyists are corrupting, and have corrupted our political system. Secondly, politicians are even more corrupt by accepting what Lobbyists have to offer. In other words, Lobbyists have more say-so in our political system than John Q. Public will ever have. Our voice in politics is basically silenced by Lobbyists and corrupt politicians. When you have a self-serving, greedy, egotistical, power hungry, and corrupt political system, you end up with legislation and policies dictated by the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential. This same scenario applies to everything considered by politicians, including guns, ammo, health care, taxes, bailouts, subsidies, pork spending, government contracts, the EPA and environmental issues, campaign financing, immigration, infrastructure, grants, government sponsored research, and foreign policy.

In my opinion, guns are not the problem, and never have been a problem. The problem has always been PEOPLE. When someone wants to do harm to someone else, they'll find a away to do it. Also, guns will always be available to those that want them. Many guns are bought and sold on the black market. People buy and sell guns on the internet, and many have been sold out of the truck of cars. I bought a Mauser rifle last year from a person that had it for sale on a web site. Regardless of laws and legislation, the people that want guns, will find and get guns. The "bad guys" couldn't care less about laws, especially gun laws. And, how would the government ever collect all of the guns, or even know who has them and who doesn't?

People are quick to blame guns for mass murder, crimes such as robbery, and children accidentally shooting themselves or someone else. But, it's never the gun or the guns, it's always the PEOPLE. We do not have a way to test every single person for mental disorders, anxiety, hatred, disassociation, drug and alcohol addiction, family problems, thoughts of suicide, work place disputes, lack of anger management, socioeconomic issues causing frustrations that lead to hopelessness, deep depression, and uncontrollable personalities. We also have a population of those with Bi-polar disorders, and some that stop taking anti-depressants. How do we test everyone, and what would we do with them once tested? Could they use knives if they couldn't get their hands on a gun? Could they make bombs, use baseball bats, use their vehicle to run down a dozen people at a time? Could they poison their whole family? What about arson?

The point is, we're never going to stop bad people from doing bad things. We're not going to stop the killings by removing guns from everyone, nor by even limiting who can legally own a gun. In addition, there are way more people killed in hospitals each year due to carelessness than those killed by guns. More people die in vehicle wrecks each year than by guns. So, why do guns become such an all-important issue? Why take away, or limit, the right to own and bear arms? And, does anyone honestly think that everyone would follow laws that restrict gun ownership? Yes, Lobbyists do influence and control Congress. Yes, legislation and policies are greatly influenced by Lobbyists. But, there are many issues that are more important than fighting a losing battle against gun ownership and ammo. There's not enough money to convince people to give up their guns, or to allow the government to restrict gun ownership.

Its not just the gun lobby. Lobbyists write bills and congress votes according to the amount of money that changes hands. Its the lobbyists who own and operate our congress.
yep and the clinger's lobby is a heavyweight due to their gullible members who send in checks

What's sick is this:

'nother story.

I mean -- EVERYTHING.

Reagan was the first President to support the bill that Clinton signed into law? Okay......

Yes. He wrote a NY Times article titled "Why I Support the Brady Bill."

gold_guns_001.jpg

And your problem with smaller groups of people who produce less dedication to their cause (as exhibited by willingness to support it financially) having proportionately less influence on public policy is what, exactly? The First Amendment guarantees the right to petition Congress for redress of grievances. It doesn't promise that all petitions will enjoy the same success.

So is the problem the lobbyists who buy Congressmembers, or Congressmembers who are for sale and such valuable commodities that someone would WANT to buy them?

He was also in full onset Alzheimers at the time.

dimocrap scum are so incredibly disgusting, they often coax former great men who once stood for American Ideals into supporting their filth after they've succumbed to mental illness.

They did the same thing with Barry Goldwater. They do it all the time.

Reason #1,763 why dimocraps are the scum of the earth

He was also in full onset Alzheimers at the time.

dimocrap scum are so incredibly disgusting, they often coax former great men who once stood for American Ideals into supporting their filth after they've succumbed to mental illness.

They did the same thing with Barry Goldwater. They do it all the time.

Reason #1,763 why dimocraps are the scum of the earth

Or maybe it's because he was shot at the same time Brady was. Nah. Makes too much sense. :dunno:

The gun lobby wouldn't exist if there wasn't a need ,the anti constitution gun grabbing nut cases,are the reason a lobby exist at all.

What's sick is this:

'nother story.

I mean -- EVERYTHING.

I'd think Clinton was the first to support it.

Forum List

Back