Gun Laws Didn’t Stop Pothead Killer

Doc91678

Rookie
Nov 13, 2012
Binghamton
Florida teenage gunman, Benjamin Bishop, the subject of a Tampa Bay Times article about how he became a zombie killer through the use of pot​

By Cliff Kincaid
January 29, 2013

The liberals continue to pretend that “gun control” laws will stop “gun violence,” even while providing the fuel, in the form of potent marijuana, which can spark violence and murder. A case in point is a Florida teenage gunman, Benjamin Bishop, the subject of a Tampa Bay Times article about how he became a zombie killer through the use of pot that caused him to fear “ghosts” speaking foreign languages. The killings occurred in October.

The article, “Teen gunman Benjamin Bishop: Rage drove him to kill, gun laws were no obstacle,” describes how the killer “used a 12-gauge shotgun—a weapon he obtained in spite of a criminal record and history of mental illness—to kill his mother and her boyfriend as they lay in bed.” In a jailhouse interview, “He talked about how he liked to smoke pot.”

His mother, Imari Shibata, was a nurse, and her boyfriend, Kelly Allen, was a popular swim coach.

Bishop was reportedly on probation for a 2011 domestic battery incident in which he hit his mother and tried to strangle her. But he easily evaded the gun laws when he decided to kill her and her boyfriend by having a friend purchase the shotgun. The use of a “straw buyer” in a case like this is already illegal and can be prosecuted under federal law because the gun was used in a crime. Bishop bought the ammunition himself.

He fired eight rounds of gun shot in the killings, called 911 and admitted what he had done.

***snip***

Continue reading: --->
Gun Laws Didn?t Stop Pothead Killer

Florida teenage gunman, Benjamin Bishop, the subject of a Tampa Bay Times article about how he became a zombie killer through the use of pot​

By Cliff Kincaid
January 29, 2013

The liberals continue to pretend that “gun control” laws will stop “gun violence,” even while providing the fuel, in the form of potent marijuana, which can spark violence and murder.

:rofl: :lmao:
Ole Cliff Kincaid the Mellon Scaife whore must be busy watching Reefer Madness.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=9l1R-t5jzLw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=9l1R-t5jzLw[/ame]

Causality and coincidence are often confused. It takes false logic or a deliberate attempt to mislead to "determine" that pot caused this violence.

I am reading comments and oh LOL, again some overprotective potheads who believe that marijuana is a god-given plant, that is absolutely safe :D . No, seriously, I agree that this is the most harmless (but not harmless) drug comparing to others, but please....stop living in dreams and stop protecting that thing, denying absolutely all negative facts about it, there is a shitload of researches that proved that marijuana is far away from harmful (thought as I said not so harmful unlike other drugs) and btw, it actually can cause shizophrenia, so stop saying that this is 100% and besides accident with this guy, there is a lot of other killers or druggies who used pot and did various crimes. I am not saying that this is 100% the thing that caused it, but its a good proof that all your whining that this is not a bad thing and only helps people is absolute bullcrap :/

I would say it's stupid to believe there are no harmful effects of pot, but it's equally as stupid to say it made this asshat do what he did.

Of course the laws against pot didn't stop him from getting pot, laws against pot addicts buying guns didn't stop him from getting one, and laws against murder didn't stop him from killing.

The failure of his victims to be armed certainly could be considered though.

I would say it's stupid to believe there are no harmful effects of pot, but it's equally as stupid to say it made this asshat do what he did.

Of course the laws against pot didn't stop him from getting pot, laws against pot addicts buying guns didn't stop him from getting one, and laws against murder didn't stop him from killing.

The failure of his victims to be armed certainly could be considered though.

There is no such thing as a "pot addict". Not even physiologically possible.

I am reading comments and oh LOL, again some overprotective potheads who believe that marijuana is a god-given plant, that is absolutely safe :D . No, seriously, I agree that this is the most harmless (but not harmless) drug comparing to others, but please....stop living in dreams and stop protecting that thing, denying absolutely all negative facts about it, there is a shitload of researches that proved that marijuana is far away from harmful (thought as I said not so harmful unlike other drugs) and btw, it actually can cause shizophrenia, so stop saying that this is 100% and besides accident with this guy, there is a lot of other killers or druggies who used pot and did various crimes. I am not saying that this is 100% the thing that caused it, but its a good proof that all your whining that this is not a bad thing and only helps people is absolute bullcrap :/

Bullshit.

Marijuana can cause psychosis in some people given their brain chemistry.

The newer more potent blends of marijuana are stronger and more likely to cause psychotic users.

But of course the pro-drugs crowd will lie and claim marijuana is safer than a beer.

Bishop was reportedly on probation for a 2011 domestic battery incident in which he hit his mother and tried to strangle her. But he easily evaded the gun laws when he decided to kill her and her boyfriend by having a friend purchase the shotgun. The use of a “straw buyer” in a case like this is already illegal and can be prosecuted under federal law because the gun was used in a crime
IOW... straw purchases are banned.
How do the anti-gun loons suggest we stop straw purchases?

Bishop was reportedly on probation for a 2011 domestic battery incident in which he hit his mother and tried to strangle her. But he easily evaded the gun laws when he decided to kill her and her boyfriend by having a friend purchase the shotgun. The use of a “straw buyer” in a case like this is already illegal and can be prosecuted under federal law because the gun was used in a crime
IOW... straw purchases are banned.
How do the anti-gun loons suggest we stop straw purchases?

Ban humans.

The liquor industry is very active nationwide, doing anything they can to stop the legalization of pot. Why would that be? Pot goes legal and the liquor business takes a hit.
Also, alcohol is much more harmful in regards to addiction, effects on the brain, emotions, anger than pot. I'm not saying pot doesn't have a negative effect, it does. But compared to booze, pot almost looks harmless.
I have had a couple friends killed in auto accidents involving alcohol. One friend who OD'd on vodka, he's now in a nursing home thanks to "wet brain". Booze plays a big part in many abuse issues. It just isn't good stuff at all.

So....someone driving "stoned" can't kill or injure others/themselves. :cuckoo:

Inhaling marijuana smoke is damaging to the lungs.

The stronger blends of marijuana today can be addictive and lead to psychosis in some users.

Oh, but do tell us how it is such a saintly drug.....:cuckoo:

The liquor industry is very active nationwide, doing anything they can to stop the legalization of pot. Why would that be? Pot goes legal and the liquor business takes a hit.
Also, alcohol is much more harmful in regards to addiction, effects on the brain, emotions, anger than pot. I'm not saying pot doesn't have a negative effect, it does. But compared to booze, pot almost looks harmless.
I have had a couple friends killed in auto accidents involving alcohol. One friend who OD'd on vodka, he's now in a nursing home thanks to "wet brain". Booze plays a big part in many abuse issues. It just isn't good stuff at all.

So that means Colorado is now full of hundreds of thousands of potential mental time bombs? No wonder they enacted stricter gun laws there.

So....someone driving "stoned" can't kill or injure others/themselves. :cuckoo:

Inhaling marijuana smoke is damaging to the lungs.

The stronger blends of marijuana today can be addictive and lead to psychosis in some users.

Oh, but do tell us how it is such a saintly drug.....:cuckoo:

Driving drunk versus driving stoned, now that's a good point. One doesn't here much about stoners killing people on the road, must be a plot by 1960s-70's hippies.
I have a couple of friends that are addiction counselors and one of the world's top rehabs. Naturally they think that booze and pot aren't good, but they have found booze far more damaging to one's body and mind, sort-term and long-term..
Why don't you do a little research. I asked experts at a treatment center that is world famous.
Also, I have never stated or implied that pot is a saintly drug or that it does have medical benefits. Don't put words in my mouth. That is just being dishonest.:mad:

:link:

The newer more potent blends of marijuana are stronger and more likely to cause psychotic users.

But of course the pro-drugs crowd will lie and claim marijuana is safer than a beer.

It is, and always has been. And it's never been a drug.
And that old "newer more potent blend" line has been going around forever.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good fearmonger. :thup:

Forum List

Back