Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

R

rdean

SDT-2013-05-gun-crime-1-2.png

The sharp decline in the U.S. gun homicide rate, combined with a slower decrease in the gun suicide rate, means that gun suicides now account for six-in-ten firearms deaths, the highest share since at least 1981.

The firearm suicide rate (6.3 per 100,000 people) is higher than the firearm homicide rate and has come down less sharply. The number of gun suicide deaths (19,392 in 2010) outnumbered gun homicides, as has been true since at least 1981.

Suicides account for most gun deaths

Suicide Statistics

-----------------------------------

I know how hard Right Wingers work to make blacks sound so dangerous. But when you look at the actual statistics, they have more to fear from their own right hand.

Wow, and here all we've been hearing is how deadly dangerous guns are and how we're going to have gun battles in the streets because people are allowed to own guns. Good job, you just bolstered the case for the freedom to bear arms.

Wow, and here all we've been hearing is how deadly dangerous guns are and how we're going to have gun battles in the streets because people are allowed to own guns. Good job, you just bolstered the case for the freedom to bear arms.
I never was against it. I just don't want terrorists to have them. A position I obviously don't share with the GOP.

I never was against it. I just don't want terrorists to have them. A position I obviously don't share with the GOP.
That's a remarkably ignorant thing to say. You would be a much more believable shill if you said things that weren't so ignorant.

Some GOP. Collins' proposal is still alive.

Than stop importing them.

so you forget that obama gave them massive amounts of weapons......

The sharp decline in the U.S. gun homicide rate, combined with a slower decrease in the gun suicide rate, means that gun suicides now account for six-in-ten firearms deaths, the highest share since at least 1981.

The firearm suicide rate (6.3 per 100,000 people) is higher than the firearm homicide rate and has come down less sharply. The number of gun suicide deaths (19,392 in 2010) outnumbered gun homicides, as has been true since at least 1981.

Suicide Statistics

I know how hard Right Wingers work to make blacks sound so dangerous. But when you look at the actual statistics, they have more to fear from their own right hand.

Dean we're not interested in you and your right hand

Suicide Statistics

The decline reflects an end to the crack wars in the early 90's and a decline in the number of families owning firearms

Suicide Statistics

The decline reflects an end to the crack wars in the early 90's and a decline in the number of families owning firearms

Maybe half right

Suicide Statistics

so what you are really saying is

that more guns=less homicides

Suicide Statistics

2015-05-21-1432225070-1642674-vpcnorcgraphicone.jpg

Suicide Statistics

2015-05-21-1432225070-1642674-vpcnorcgraphicone.jpg

so you are saying that rdean doesnt know

what the fuck he is talking about with suicides

yous guys best get your fake talking points worked out

--LOL

Forum List

Back