Gun free zone

If life was like a video everything would be OK

Is It so.. Gun Free Zone....mp4 - YouTube

If ONE U.S. Marine had been sitting in that theater with a weapon things probably would have turned out differently!

Um, yeah, probably you'd have had more fatalities, but Holmes probably wouldn't have been one of them.

The guy had body armor on. He spent a long time thinking about what he planned to do.

Now, give the marines credit, they are very good at what they do, but the fact is, even in war zones they make mistakes. A crowded room with lots of smoke and panicking people and bullets flying everywhere...

This shows how much the NRA has really poisoned this discussion when you see a case where someone having a gun was a bad thing, absolutely, and the answer is, "Well, we just need more guns in that situation."

Crazy.

When we have an organization like the NRA advocating for people to carry a concealed weopon in a bar, you realize how far out that organization has become. The putting of guns on a pedestal in this nation has gone beyond insanity.

If life was like a video everything would be OK

Is It so.. Gun Free Zone....mp4 - YouTube

That's what I love about gun control....people think criminals will follow the law....LOLOLOLOLOL

Well, no, the problem with gun control is, we've never really tried it. A few cities have, but kind of meaningless to have gun control in Chicago when you can set up a gun shop in Cicero IL which is right next door.

Other countries have tried meaningful gun control, and it works just fine.

Let's look, shall we? Number of murders with firearms in advanced countries.

Murders with firearms statistics - countries compared - NationMaster Crime

# 4 United States: 9,369
# 11 Germany: 269
# 14 Canada: 144
# 28 Japan: 47
= 39 United Kingdom: 14

Hey Joe. What about accidental gun deaths. Who leads the world in kids getting killed by guns?
Who leads the world in murder by gun? Who leads the world in armed citizens? Who leads the world in the amount of money spent on guns and ammo by its citizens.

Who says America isn't a world leader still?

Hey Joe. What about accidental gun deaths. Who leads the world in kids getting killed by guns?
Who leads the world in murder by gun? Who leads the world in armed citizens? Who leads the world in the amount of money spent on guns and ammo by its citizens.

I think the thing is, the gun has always been a part of our culture.

I don't think we should have gun control on the level the UK has. The UK is a different culture, one we split from hundreds of years ago, and that's fine. I have no problem with private gun ownership if there is responsibility attached to it. Which does not mean, "the person everyone knew was crazy can go down to the Bass Pro Shop and buy a 100 bullet drum clip!"

But when you have a shooting incident, and instead of sitting down and having a rational discussion like 'How do we prevent the next James Holmes from being able to assemble an arsenal?" we get a discussion like "Wouldn't it have been nice if people in the theatre were shooting back?" And people say this with an absolute straight face.

I don't think we should have gun control on the level the UK has. The UK is a different culture, one we split from hundreds of years ago, and that's fine. I have no problem with private gun ownership if there is responsibility attached to it. Which does not mean, "the person everyone knew was crazy can go down to the Bass Pro Shop and buy a 100 bullet drum clip!"

But when you have a shooting incident, and instead of sitting down and having a rational discussion like 'How do we prevent the next James Holmes from being able to assemble an arsenal?" we get a discussion like "Wouldn't it have been nice if people in the theatre were shooting back?" And people say this with an absolute straight face.

Joe you never mention this
Gun violence > Homicides > Overall homicide rate > per 100,000 pop. (most recent) by country
Gun Violence homicides statistics - countries compared - Nation Master

When we have an organization like the NRA advocating for people to carry a concealed weopon in a bar, you realize how far out that organization has become. The putting of guns on a pedestal in this nation has gone beyond insanity.

It's not the people who legally can carry that you have to worry about at a bar, it's those who cannot legally carry would be the ones I would worry about if I were you.

There 100's of thousands of trained and competent concealed permit carriers across the country who could have potentially stopped the attack.

You should visit one of the hundreds of beginner to advanced defensive shooting courses and competitions every week around the country.

Gun violence > Homicides > Overall homicide rate > per 100,000 pop. (most recent) by country

You're right. I don't bother with IRRELEVENT information.

How is anything on that chart relevent, other than we are behind a lot of impoverished countries with unstable governments, most of them plagued by drug trafficking and crime?

Somehow, saying, "Well, dammit, we're better than Thailand!" doesn't fill me with some great pride, and I'm not sure why you are.

I want us to be better than everyone. I want us to look up, not down.

There 100's of thousands of trained and competent concealed permit carriers across the country who could have potentially stopped the attack.

You should visit one of the hundreds of beginner to advanced defensive shooting courses and competitions every week around the country.

Again, after being in the military, I knew a lot of guys who were awesome on the range who were absolutely useless in a crisis.

This doesn't impress me.

I mean, Zimmerman could be a real man shooting down poor little Trayvon, but if he met "Joker" Holmes in a theatre, he'd have probably shit his pants.

You're right. I don't bother with IRRELEVENT information.

How is anything on that chart relevent, other than we are behind a lot of impoverished countries with unstable governments, most of them plagued by drug trafficking and crime?

Somehow, saying, "Well, dammit, we're better than Thailand!" doesn't fill me with some great pride, and I'm not sure why you are.

I want us to be better than everyone. I want us to look up, not down.

Thank God for obama with out his help Mexico would be way behind us ain't that right Joe?

Hey Joe you notice anything else?
Those with stricter gun control have a higher rape count

Rape victims statistics - countries compared - NationMaster

Not true. Japan has a lower rate of rape... At least on paper.

I think it also isn't a very telling stat, since rape reportage is more based on how much of a stigma is attached to it. Since only one out of ten rapes is actually reported, it's kind of a meaningless stat.

So are you going to find more meaningless stats to throw out there?

Thank God for obama with out his help Mexico would be way behind us ain't that right Joe?

YOu mean that he actually tried to stop the flow down to Mexico, and was shot down by the gun nutters who insisted that the Mexicans weren't getting guns from here?

How is he trying to stop it when it's his department that is allowing the guns to go into Mexico Joe?

Forum List

Back