Gun enthusiastics stock up now

Do I think Obama would like to ban guns? yes he would.

Do I think he actively supported gun control issues as an Illinois Senator? yes I do.

Do I think he will work as president to restrict gun ownership? No I don’t.

I am sure Obama (personally) hates guns and doesn’t see any point for them, it’s like my wife just doesn’t get the gun thing either. I am also sure that as a representative for the people of Illinois he worked hard to get firearms out of urban Chicago and wanted to limit the flow of firearms into the city.

But…as a President he understands that he represents a broad spectrum of Americans and that his personal feelings should not be impressed on all of America. Take W. for example, while he may personally feel that prayer should be allowed in public schools, he knew enough not to pass an executive order saying that prayer in schools should be mandatory.

It’s like my liberal friends insisted in 2000 that W. would force Jews and Muslims in public schools to say the Lord’s Prayer in class, ban all abortions and make sodomy a federal crime. Even if the president feels strongly about something personally, it doesn’t mean he will take action to try and enforce his opinions on all Americans.

Last edited:
With more guns sold and registered per capita than anywhere in the U.S., Nevada is a gun state - always has been.

It also is the gun-death state. According to the Center for Disease Control, since 2000, Nevada has led the nation with an average of 26 gun-related deaths per 100,000 people.

War-torn Iraq averaged 32 gun deaths per 100,000 people last year, according to the same study.

At least once a year, an accidental gun death here makes national headlines.

Lives cut short

Northern Nevada's latest gun tragedy came Oct. 28.

Charles Coogan Kelly, 21, of Truckee, Derek Jensen, 23, of Reno, and Nathan Viljoen, 23, of Fallon, were all fatally shot after an argument erupted at the party in a quiet, neighborhood in southwest Reno.

Nevada leads in gun deaths, ownership | NevadaAppeal.com

With more guns sold and registered per capita than anywhere in the U.S., Nevada is a gun state - always has been.

It also is the gun-death state. According to the Center for Disease Control, since 2000, Nevada has led the nation with an average of 26 gun-related deaths per 100,000 people.

War-torn Iraq averaged 32 gun deaths per 100,000 people last year, according to the same study.

At least once a year, an accidental gun death here makes national headlines.

Lives cut short

Northern Nevada's latest gun tragedy came Oct. 28.

Charles Coogan Kelly, 21, of Truckee, Derek Jensen, 23, of Reno, and Nathan Viljoen, 23, of Fallon, were all fatally shot after an argument erupted at the party in a quiet, neighborhood in southwest Reno.

Nevada leads in gun deaths, ownership | NevadaAppeal.com

Do you think that gambling and prostitution, illegal in all other states, has an effect on people's disrespect for life?

Do I think Obama would like to ban guns? yes he would.

Do I think he actively supported gun control issues as an Illinois Senator? yes I do.

Do I think he will work as president to restrict gun ownership? No I don’t.

I am sure Obama (personally) hates guns and doesn’t see any point for them, it’s like my wife just doesn’t get the gun thing either. I am also sure that as a representative for the people of Illinois he worked hard to get firearms out of urban Chicago and wanted to limit the flow of firearms into the city.

But…as a President he understands that he represents a broad spectrum of Americans and that his personal feelings should not be impressed on all of America. Take W. for example, while he may personally feel that prayer should be allowed in public schools, he knew enough not to pass an executive order saying that prayer in schools should be mandatory.

It’s like my liberal friends insisted in 2008 that W. would force Jews and Muslims in public schools to say the Lord’s Prayer in class, ban all abortions and make sodomy a federal crime. Even if the president feels strongly about something personally, it doesn’t mean he will take action to try and enforce his opinions on all Americans.

I got an idea, if he really believes guns are bad, he could start by making sure his secret service protection doesn't carry them.....:badgrin:

Forum List

Back