Gun Day.....$200.00 Worth

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I ws at my local shap and a guy came in with a bunch of "distressed" guns. I ended-up taking home three Jap rifles
and a old 1936 Remington 241 Gallery Gun in .22 Short.

n 001 (2).JPG

The three Jap rifles:

A Type 38 that I just stripped for the parts as it had no bolt and the bore was FUBAR......The stocks bring $150 or so.

A Nippon Special Steel Type 38 training rifle....It's smooth bore and only shoots blanks but is collectable.

A Nagoya Arsenal 10th series Type 99 "last ditch" rifle.

The Rem. 241 was worth what I paid for them all and then some.....It's also a take down.

You find some good stuff.
The hell of it was almost all of the gun's stocks had fuckin' small holes drilled in them to hang on the wall. You can see them on the last ditch and Rem. 241.....The guy had three gallery guns but the other two had function "issues".

I really should have bought them anyway......Oh well, I will do well with the Jap stuff and get the gallery rifle for free and then some. ;)

I just finished cleaning up the Remington and plugging the holes.....Great bore and it cleaned-up real nice for a near 87 year-old gallery gun.

I figure it's a easy $350.00 - $400.00 rifle now. :)

RSA0210_20_2.jpg

This picture appeared on the cover of Life Magazine (October 29, 1940) and pictured the first man (Yuen Chong Chan) who was drafted into the U.S. Army at the start of World War II. Here Mr. Chan practices his aim at a local shooting gallery that features Remington Model 241 Gallery Rifles.

Note the ring/chain arrangement....Gallery guns are D&Ted with a hole for a ring attachment to screw onto the barrel....my rifle has the hole.

Remington Model 241 Autoloading Rifles – Remington Society of America

Loved that gallery stuff. I'm 67 so shot lots of them at fairs. Like to find some gallery ammo, shatter on impact, what was it? powder something and a binder?

I believe that was used in the pumps but it would not cycle the semis.
Yes, my bad. It was the pumps. Can't remember semi at the galleries but probably shot them too.

Liked them full auto pneumatic BB, 100 shots to take out the red star. Now I have fly targets, bout the same size. Got to make some stars. That dpms sbr takes a fly mostly out in 25 rounds (4-5 bursts best), gone with 50.

Yes, my bad. It was the pumps. Can't remember semi at the galleries but probably shot them too.

Liked them full auto pneumatic BB, 100 shots to take out the red star. Now I have fly targets, bout the same size. Got to make some stars. That dpms sbr takes a fly mostly out in 25 rounds (4-5 bursts best), gone with 50.
Before everyone started dying-off we had "fly matches" at our hunt camp. Irons only, it was a lot of fun. :)

I used a old Winchester 1906 gallery rifle (pump-short only) I kept in the cabin under my mattress.....I killed a shit-ton of squirrels with it there.

Like this one but someone had installed a old Lyman peep and globe on it. Very accurate.

R.2f8a8126cb98bbef63ff0146821a8c05

Forum List

Back