CDZ Gun Control

When someone tells me the CDC is "anti-gun", there is nothing more to say.

True, true. It is a waste of time, there is nothing more to say. The CDC is anti-death. Anyone who thinks they're anything else is wearing blinders.

Anyone who can read that article and the anti gun bias at the CDC is blind to the left wing nuts at the CDC.
The CDC are doctors. Some doctors, like Ben Carson and Tom Coburn are right wing nuts. Some are left-wing. Do you routinely inquire about your doctor's political leanings?

Guns and Ammo praised the CDC's 2013 report, claiming it had "backfired" on the Obama Administration. The CDC's findings pleased neither the misguided advocates of gun control or the paranoiacs who occupy the opposite camp. Sounds objective to me. They recommended further study, but of course that won't happen, because of ignorance and cowardice. The Ignorant and cowardly have always fought science, and always lost. The CDC will win, in the end.

Only when they are pushing an agenda that seeks to violate the civil rights of the American people.

Weaponless citizens in a Progressive society quickly become slaves living in a dictatorship

Weaponless citizens in a Progressive society quickly become slaves living in a dictatorship

"That's all folks"

See CrusaderFrank, Stephanie and 2aguy among other members of the 2nd tier echo chamber here:

Look at the track record: Hitler's Germany, Stalin's USSR, Mao's China. Body count in the hundreds of million, all because they're unarmed and defenseless not against an outside invader, but against their own government

I love how history just does not exist for the left. Mass murder, genocide, ethnic cleansing have happened, are happening and they pretend that since we live in comfortable democracies right now, that that will always be the case. The Germans lived in a democracy, with the rule of law, and modern universities, and general education and yet, in 20 years they turned into a land of war and gas chambers.

The left not only suffers from "Reality dyslexia" they also suffer from "history displacement syndrome." In "history displacement syndrome" the part of their brain that should be storing the past experiences of humanity has been filled with pixie dust…..

I love how history just does not exist for the left. Mass murder, genocide, ethnic cleansing have happened, are happening and they pretend that since we live in comfortable democracies right now, that that will always be the case. The Germans lived in a democracy, with the rule of law, and modern universities, and general education and yet, in 20 years they turned into a land of war and gas chambers.

The left not only suffers from "Reality dyslexia" they also suffer from "history displacement syndrome." In "history displacement syndrome" the part of their brain that should be storing the past experiences of humanity has been filled with pixie dust…..

they choose not to see it

because it interferes with their mindset

What I choose not to see is a delusional mindset that thinks that popguns are still a threat to a government. All we do is spend money on the military and the internal and external security agencies. Should the US become a tyranny, or if you think it already has become one, what are you going to do about it? "They" have control of the entire US military might. You've got a musket. Please explain your strategy.

If you've got control of the military, you've got the country. Not the guns in the hands of individual citizens. Once you've got enough thugs and control of the military, you can do as you like.

What I choose not to see is a delusional mindset that thinks that popguns are still a threat to a government. All we do is spend money on the military and the internal and external security agencies. Should the US become a tyranny, or if you think it already has become one, what are you going to do about it? "They" have control of the entire US military might. You've got a musket. Please explain your strategy.

If you've got control of the military, you've got the country. Not the guns in the hands of individual citizens. Once you've got enough thugs and control of the military, you can do as you like.

settle down

That didn't seem to work for the Romanian ruling elite just a few years ago. I suggest you read up on the revolution that toppled Ceausescu from power.....

That didn't seem to work for the Romanian ruling elite just a few years ago. I suggest you read up on the revolution that toppled Ceausescu from power.....

or just about anywhere where a revolution has occurred past and present

Yeah.....I guess we will just follow the play book of the backwards ass barbarians who fought us so long we are just leaving Iraq and Afghanistan...you know, the guys who held off the most powerful military, with drones, Seals, Tanks, Satellites, and bombers....with rifles and improvised explosives.......without modern tech or advanced educations.......

yeah...you guys keep telling us how we can't resist the government as you desperately try to disarm us....

Read up on what? Ceausescu was a joke. All the Soviet state governments collapsed after the USSR fell. Ceausescu was the only one stupid enough to try to keep up his pathetic Joe Stalin impersonation. He tried to act tough, but he didn't control the army. They abandoned him in a heartbeat. The guns held in the hands of citizens were irrelevant. Once the army deserts you, you could be taken down by a small biker gang.

Read up on what? Ceausescu was a joke. All the Soviet state governments collapsed after the USSR fell. Ceausescu was the only one stupid enough to try to keep up his pathetic Joe Stalin impersonation. He tried to act tough, but he didn't control the army. They abandoned him in a heartbeat. The guns held in the hands of citizens were irrelevant. Once the army deserts you, you could be taken down by a small biker gang.

He ruled with an iron fist for over 20 years and he was brought down by people with guns. Those people with guns killed the leaders in the Army that were for Ceausescu. Amazing how the army abandoned him when the leaders were dead. Your entire assertion is flat wrong and the Romanian experience proves it.

Time to turn the tables.................

The Dems want Gun Control OUT OF FEAR OF THEM............

So why are the Dems so afraid of guns?

When he makes his speech, he will invariably say "it doesn't require a 30 round magazine to hunt deer".

Our founding fathers didn't have deer in mind when they wrote the second amendment. I believe they were talking about defending ourselves from a despot, weak and unjust government.
Obama will quote figures from the CDC, And the other side will quote them also, each sides numbers twisted to further their own agendas.

Last edited:

He ruled with an iron fist for over 20 years and he was brought down by people with guns. Those people with guns killed the leaders in the Army that were for Ceausescu. Amazing how the army abandoned him when the leaders were dead. Your entire assertion is flat wrong and the Romanian experience proves it.
The USSR collapsed, and all its puppet states collapsed too. Period. The notion that Ceausescu had control is silly. He was loathed and had zero chance of surviving. The notion that a bunch of people with guns were able to topple a modern state is silly. Afghanistan was a disaster for the USSR and it contributed to their fall, but it wouldn't have happened without anti-aircraft weapons supplied by the US for the purpose of sticking a stick up a certain part of the Russian bear's anatomy. Even with anti-aircraft weapons, citizens of the US pose no threat to a hypothetical US government gone rogue.

I believe that the founding fathers were in complete support of the notion of citizens being able to oppose tyranny. As they were revolutionaries who had just fought a war against tyranny it's difficult to believe otherwise. I believe they would would have wanted citizens to retain that ability to resist tyranny. That, sadly, is no longer possible. Not by direct military means anyway.

The USSR collapsed, and all its puppet states collapsed too. Period. The notion that Ceausescu had control is silly. He was loathed and had zero chance of surviving. The notion that a bunch of people with guns were able to topple a modern state is silly. Afghanistan was a disaster for the USSR and it contributed to their fall, but it wouldn't have happened without anti-aircraft weapons supplied by the US for the purpose of sticking a stick up a certain part of the Russian bear's anatomy. Even with anti-aircraft weapons, citizens of the US pose no threat to a hypothetical US government gone rogue.

I believe that the founding fathers were in complete support of the notion of citizens being able to oppose tyranny. As they were revolutionaries who had just fought a war against tyranny it's difficult to believe otherwise. I believe they would would have wanted citizens to retain that ability to resist tyranny. That, sadly, is no longer possible. Not by direct military means anyway.

Ummmmm, no. But that would be history and progressives try and ignore history.

Progressives are overwhelmingly over-represented in the ranks of those who write and teach history. You have some historical correction to suggest? The USSR collapsed and all its satellites went boom. Not correct? Do you suggest that Ceausescu was at the heights of his powers when he was toppled?

Progressives are overwhelmingly over-represented in the ranks of those who write and teach history. You have some historical correction to suggest? The USSR collapsed and all its satellites went boom. Not correct? Do you suggest that Ceausescu was at the heights of his powers when he was toppled?

Obama using executive order if necessary to disarm Americans, at the same time he's trying to bring as many miltary age muslim male refugees to our country as possible. I have a problem with this.

How about you tell us how each one of the satellites went "boom".

Tell that to the Iraqi and Afghani terrorists who held off the worlds most powerful military to the point we are just going home......all done with rifles and improvised explosives...vs....Navy Seals, satellites, smart bombs, and every other advanced weapon in our arsenal.....

What do we know about guns and gun use?

We know this:
  • All guns begin as legal firearms.
  • The flow of illegal firearms is from the U.S. to other places far more so than it is into the U.S. from other places.
  • Using a gun against another person who is no threat to one's own lawful acts and thoughts is a criminal act.
That they do means that for a gun to be used in a criminal act, either
  • someone who legally participates in the process that begins with gun manufacture and ends with gun ownership exercised insufficient control over the possession of their firearm(s), or
  • someone who legally purchased a gun used it illegally.

Somewhere on this forum, another member said the same thing. Accordingly, the thing we need is not gun control, but rather what accountants call "internal control" over gun ownership. What we need to do is make it (1) very hard or very unlikely for a lawful gun owner's gun to make its way to an unlawful gun user, and/or (2) make it very costly (financially or in terms of the loss of other rights/privileges even if there's no immediate financial cost) for lawful owners not to take "the right steps" to ensure their guns do not end up in the hands of unlawful gun users.

Check with the ATF bureau, and you'll see that the quantity of guns reported as lost or stolen ~200K in 2012) pales in comparison to the quantity of crimes (not deaths) committed using guns (literally millions). (The quantity of annual gun deaths is something around 1/6th or 1/7th the quantity of guns reported as being stolen or lost.) That only happens when lawfully purchased guns end up in the hands of folks having unlawful intents in mind for the gun(s) they acquire. There's either (1) a gap somewhere, or in multiple places, in the "supply chain" from manufacturers to end users, (2) insufficient tracking of legally purchased guns, or (3) a combination of both, or "flavors" of both.

Just a few weeks back, a Secret Service agent had his gun and shield stolen. The theft got reported, the thief may even have been captured and prosecuted. That's all well and good, but the relevant part of the event is that a gun was stolen, and it was stolen because due care was not exercised in securing it from being stolen. In other words, the agent exercised insufficient "internal control" over his possession of his firearm. He left it in a vehicle and walked away.

How does one implement a degree of tighter control over guns? My suggestion is that we install really thick bulletproof glass in post offices (post offices because there are already plenty of them near to where everyone lives; we've already delegated part of passport processing to the post office, why not this?) and then require folks who legally buy guns to show up once a year to show they they still have possession of their gun. (Perhaps it may make more sense to collocate ATF personnel in the post offices.) If lawful owners don't appear with the guns they are registered as owning, they go onto a "no buy" list for guns until they do show up with their gun(s).

As goes funding such an initiative, I don't think the gun owners should be made to pay one red cent unless they fail to appear. There'll already be enough griping about the idea to begin with. Make folks pay to show up and prove they still have possession of their gun and there'll just be more.

You can't title a car without having possession of the thing. Why can't we apply that principle to guns?

Forum List

Back