Guess where all that tax cut money for the rich is being spent?

Under Bush, unemployment declined until Democrats controlled Congress.

So he more than made up for jobs that were lost to China or anywhere.

bush.png

Why should I pay $500 for an iPhone so Americans can manufactur it and Barack Obama can buy union votes?

Scamming poor people who work in communist sweat shops for 51 cents an hour, 60 to 70 hours a week so you can have an iPhone is so "right wing". So Conservative.

If Republicans or right wingers acted any other way, people might think they were, gasp, Democrats.

You have not made the connection between tax cuts for the rich and spending in China. Income tax cuts have nothing to do with corporate foreign capital investment.

China accounts for about a third of all US imports, or roughly $800 billion. That means Chinese imports are about 5% of the total economy. So to say that tax cuts for the rich went to China is silly.

If you suddenly have a few million dollars extra, what do you do with it?

Invest it.

Exactly.

Can you show, somehow, that the main beneficiaries of these tax cuts (not raising taxes = tax cut in Dem-speak) were Republicans?
Can you, similarly, show that the majority of Chinese investments were made by Republicans?

Are you typing this on a $5000 computer made in America, or a $500 computer made in China?

I buy American when ever I can. But some things simply are not made here anymore. Republicans have made sure of that.

There is hope. Check this out:

US rare-earth mine reopened as DOE plans for shortages

Right now, the majority of rare-earth metals are mined in China, but the country has been running up against limits to its ability to supply both itself and its trading partners. The Chinese government has made it clear that it considers its own industry the top priority, and has even hinted at using its supplies as a diplomatic weapon. All of that has rekindled interest in US domestic production. That interest has now been highlighted by the first reopening of a US mine, an event that came on the heels of a Department of Energy study that rates five rare-earth elements as likely to face supply disruptions within the next five years.

The reopening of a California mine may become a more common event. In the face of cheap supplies from China and environmental issues, the mine shut down in 2002. The economic equation changed as the supply dwindled and prices went up; it now apparently makes sense to update and reopen the mine.

-----------------------------------------------

Unless Republicans somehow manage to block it being opened.

Isn't it the height of coincidence that millions of jobs just happened to be moved to China during the Republicans administration? That tens of thousands of factories closed? That millions poured into the Chamber of Commerce just before elections and the Chamber of Commerce was able to funnel money from "who knows where", but they said it was from a "different account" than the money coming from China?

Looking at our state of affairs, I think it's certainly a "fair" question to ask, "What have Republican done for this country and what do they expect to do". Before anyone else goes off with "but this" and "but that", please answer:

What is the Republican Plan"????? Does anyone know????? What are Republicans doing to grow the US Economy?????? Don't you think it's about time some of these questions were answered?????

Can you show, somehow, that the main beneficiaries of these tax cuts (not raising taxes = tax cut in Dem-speak) were Republicans?
Can you, similarly, show that the majority of Chinese investments were made by Republicans?

The main beneficiaries were "rich". I'm not so sure Republicans care that much about "Republican/Democrat" when it comes to money. They seem to care only about the "rich".

After all, when the Republican leadership refers to the unemployed as "hobos and druggies" and hold millions of Americans "hostage" to get tax breaks for millionaires and billionaires, then who are they hurting. How many of the unemployed are "Republican"?

2.4 million jobs lost due to China from 2001-2008 | The Economic Populist

The 2.4 million jobs lost/workers displaced nationwide since 2001 are distributed among all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico, with the biggest losers, in numeric terms: California (370,000 jobs), Texas (193,700), New York (140,500), Illinois (105,500), Florida (101,600), Pennsylvania (95,700), North Carolina (95,100), Ohio (91,800), Georgia (78,100), and Massachusetts (72,800).
The hardest-hit states, as a share of total state employment, are New Hampshire (16,300, 2.35%), North Carolina (95,100, 2.30%), Massachusetts (72,800, 2.25%), California (370,000, 2.23%), Oregon (38,600, 2.19%), Minnesota (58,800, 2.17%), Rhode Island (10,600, 2.01%), Alabama (39,300, 1.97%), Idaho (13,500, 1.97%), and South Carolina (38,400, 1.97%).

What is astounding in this report are the areas with the number one job losses from trade with China, the heart of those jobs of tomorrow we heard touted by politicians, is Silicon valley. Get that?

-----------------------------------------

The only way out of this mess is to compete. I don't understand the Right Wing's "La De Dah" attitude. Not even your kids will have jobs to pay off this debt run up again and again by Republicans.

The EPA will block any meaningful mining in this country. What they don't stop, the State of California will. The regulations will render mining those materials more cost effective to buy them from China.

Per usual, the EPA will send that work to China.

I'll put rdean down for not paying ten times more for personal electronics made in the USA, if they even make them here.

Under Bush, unemployment declined until Democrats controlled Congress.

So he more than made up for jobs that were lost to China or anywhere.

bush.png

You know you're deceitful. Why is that?

Is it in your genes or is it a "choice"?

Unemployment lags the economy. The first 8 months of every presidents administration is run on the budget of the previous president.

The "LAST DAY" of Clinton's budget unemployment was 4.9%.

The "LAST DAY" of Bush's budget unemployment was 10.1%.

When the nation was operating under Clinton's budget and policies, what could Bush do? Not a lot. At least not for the first 8 months.

When the nation was operating under Bush's budget and policies, what could Obama do?
Again, not a lot. At least not for the first 8 months.

That's just the way things work.

The EPA will block any meaningful mining in this country. What they don't stop, the State of California will. The regulations will render mining those materials more cost effective to buy them from China.

I'll put rdean down for not paying ten times more for personal electronics made in the USA, if they even make them here.

It's not about me. It's what's good for the country. Do you even care about this country? One has to wonder.

Seriously, you argue against things. What are you for? Do you care much for this country? Is it worth saving in your mind?

It's not about me. It's what's good for the country. Do you even care about this country? One has to wonder.

Is it good for this country to depend on China for rare-earth metals because American environmentalists are standing in the way of mining them here?

I mean, because we know it's not good for this country to depend on the middle east for oil.

Seriously, you argue against things. What are you for? Do you care much for this country? Is it worth saving in your mind?

Is it good for this country if we're forced to pay $5000 for computers the rest of the world can buy for $500?

How is it the economy of the first two years of the Obama administration is Bush's fault, but the economy in the first two years of the Bush administration wasn't Clinton's fault?

Two years? Bush had nearly six with both houses. Obama has had about 16 months with both houses considering the first 8 months was under the Bush budget. I don't see the comparison.

Is it good for this country if we're forced to pay $5000 for computers the rest of the world can buy for $500?

I thought so. No suggestions. No ideas. And people wonder why I make fun of Republicans. Well, now you know why.

How is it the economy of the first two years of the Obama administration is Bush's fault, but the economy in the first two years of the Bush administration wasn't Clinton's fault?

Two years? Bush had nearly six with both houses. Obama has had about 16 months with both houses considering the first 8 months was under the Bush budget. I don't see the comparison.

From 2003 until 2007, unemployement was on the decline.

I thought so. No suggestions. No ideas. And people wonder why I make fun of Republicans. Well, now you know why.

Oh, and drill for oil all over the world like China is doing, too.

Freedom. Free trade. Free markets. Let Americans buy anything from anywhere they want in the world.

From 2003 until 2007, unemployement was on the decline.

Link?

Forum List

Back