Grover Cleveland Was The Only US President to Serve Non-Consecutive Terms, Will History Repeat Itself?

We'll see what happens. Unfortunately I have a feeling the Dems will steal yet another election.

I think that they'll try to steal it but unlike last time I don't think that they'll actually be successful.

Grover Cleveland and Trump are kind of similar. Both are pudgy capitalists who don’t like war.

Both involved in sex scandals:
2010-01-29-cleveland.jpg

Not true for Trump but I don't know about Cleveland since he was a democrat, but I'm sure that back then that meant something a lot different.

If your info is correct then the odds are not in Trumps favor if he was the only one to do it.

Still if you say how many actually got a 2nd term then the odds are more favorable

but we will still be talking about Donald Trump so NO

Rule #13 on USMB…. An original post poised as a question is ALWAYS answered “NO”. It never fails.

Proof: None came true

View attachment 924247

Grover Cleveland was the only one.

Teddy failed as a 3rd party candidate but beat the third-place GOP candidate by quite a piece.

Last edited:
Taft was the only president to go on after his term in office to become Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court. Also, lost about 100lbs after he left the White House.

Just some more presidential trivia.

So far that is. Will history repeat itself in the upcoming election with Trump? I think that there's a very good chance.
Folks, the first time it happened it was not history repeating itself so why would the second time be"???
Sorry, intense philosophical training and logic that I can't turn off.
So history only operates when it is copying non-history.OUCH

No, it lists Grover Cleveland as being the only one.
Grover Cleveland was the only one.

Teddy failed as a 3rd party candidate but beat the third-place GOP candidate by quite a piece.
Damned if your not right! Well done.

I had thought all my life that he won a term as a third party candidate, but as you correctly state, he ran as a third party candidate after having served, but lost.

Never too old to learn!

Taft was the only president to go on after his term in office to become Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court. Also, lost about 100lbs after he left the White House.

Just some more presidential trivia.
That would be a great idea for Trump when he finishes presidenting in 2029.

Not because of how he would rule, but I always picture those guys as stuffed shirts in an ivory tower. Chief Justice Trump would definitely be a thorn in their sides. Sotomayor would retire for sure, no matter who was president.

Damned if your not right! Well done.

I had thought all my life that he won a term as a third party candidate, but as you correctly state, he ran as a third party candidate after having served, but lost.

Never too old to learn!

That makes me feel better because I just learned that he was a democrat yesterday from Mr. Google because I didn't pay attention as much as I should have from my real teachers. 🙄 I also learned that he served non-consecutive terms from a YouTube video. 😆

Folks, the first time it happened it was not history repeating itself so why would the second time be"???
Sorry, intense philosophical training and logic that I can't turn off.
So history only operates when it is copying non-history.OUCH
The first time it happened is history. The second time it happens would be history repeating itself. No contradiction.

Forum List

Back