Ground Forces In Iraq.. No…..yes……maybe…… Us Policy A Train Wreck

No for sure.

Let the Arab League do something about ISIS. Its Muslim killing Muslim and I for one could give shit one.

We left Iraq with its own country and they lost it. Tough shit.

No way should we sacrifice anymore of our young men and women in that country.

Let em butcher each other.
Ignore ISIS like Clinton ignored Alquada?

This administration has no clue. Now I read that Obama will be personally directing the war. This is someone with zero experience of war, zero knowledge of the military, zero understanding of strategy or tactics. What could possibly go wrong?

You and the President have that much in common.
That's why I'm not running this war, genius. What is Obama's excuse?

And yet you have plenty of stupid opinions based on mindless speculation. What's your excuse for that?
Theyre hardly stupid opinions and hardly based on mindless speculation.
Care to cite even one example?

And again what is Obama's excuse?

Already cited one......the middle east was fine. Has there ever been a more stupid opinion than that?

This administration has no clue. Now I read that Obama will be personally directing the war. This is someone with zero experience of war, zero knowledge of the military, zero understanding of strategy or tactics. What could possibly go wrong?

I sincerely hope that this time we have enough wisdom and restraint in the White House to avoid yet another "war." Since the Bush/Cheney wars of the last decade, the entire Middle East has descended further into chaos, disarray, and brutality. It's time the U.S. leaves; we must not become another U.S.S.R.

For those many, many ignorant Americans out there, there is ONE MAIN PROBLEM in the Middle East today--foreign invaders. The foreigners must leave before anything can begin to mend in that land.

Those folks were "civilized" a full two millenia before the rest of the world. We need to leave them alone to try it again.

Oil, and the lust for it, has been their undoing.
OK,when the Chechens, Pakistanis, Somalis, etc leave then we will too. How's that?
FOr a refresher, the ME was fine at the end of the Bush administration. Iraq had staged 2 free and fair elections--probably fairer than the last US presidential election as Iraqis needed ID to vote. Libya was disarmed of its nuclear program. Kuwait was allowing us a base. The rest of the place was under stable authoritarian rule.
Then Obama took office and all hell broke loose.

Uh, NO, the Iraq was not "fine" when Bush left office. It was/is in shambles; infrastructure destroyed; hundreds of thousands of men, women, and children were killed; the army collapsed; thousands of new "insurgents" were created; Muslim extremists came into the area; you know nothing at all, do you?

I sincerely hope that this time we have enough wisdom and restraint in the White House to avoid yet another "war." Since the Bush/Cheney wars of the last decade, the entire Middle East has descended further into chaos, disarray, and brutality. It's time the U.S. leaves; we must not become another U.S.S.R.

For those many, many ignorant Americans out there, there is ONE MAIN PROBLEM in the Middle East today--foreign invaders. The foreigners must leave before anything can begin to mend in that land.

Those folks were "civilized" a full two millenia before the rest of the world. We need to leave them alone to try it again.

OK,when the Chechens, Pakistanis, Somalis, etc leave then we will too. How's that?
FOr a refresher, the ME was fine at the end of the Bush administration. Iraq had staged 2 free and fair elections--probably fairer than the last US presidential election as Iraqis needed ID to vote. Libya was disarmed of its nuclear program. Kuwait was allowing us a base. The rest of the place was under stable authoritarian rule.

Uh, NO, the Iraq was not "fine" when Bush left office. It was/is in shambles; infrastructure destroyed; hundreds of thousands of men, women, and children were killed; the army collapsed; thousands of new "insurgents" were created; Muslim extremists came into the area; you know nothing at all, do you?
Iraq was rebuilding. The insurgents were killed or chase out of the area. Look at the chart for Iraqi oil production. It was steadily rising. If the infrastructure had been totally destroyed that wouldn't have happened.
Sorry but the facts dont fit your narrative. I guess you need to change the facts.

In 2011 Obama bragged about Iraq.

Iraq was rebuilding. The insurgents were killed or chase out of the area. Look at the chart for Iraqi oil production. It was steadily rising. If the infrastructure had been totally destroyed that wouldn't have happened.
Sorry but the facts dont fit your narrative. I guess you need to change the facts.

"Rebuilding?" Are you insane? Iraq is in complete shambles. Most of the experienced professional military people they had are dead, expatrioted, in prison, or insurgent now. The government is corrupt.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Ground forces?

Why are we in a War?

Well, no, we're in a major conflict......um........well, maybe .......yes, I guess........no, maybe just a police action......yes, well that could be a war.......

:dunno:

Perhaps John Kerry knows?

john-kerry-deep-thoughts-apjpg.jpg

No for sure.

Let the Arab League do something about ISIS. Its Muslim killing Muslim and I for one could give shit one.

How easy it is to ignore all the Christians that were killed never mind the last three beheadings, two American and a Britain, but I'm sure they were Muslim.

You and the President have that much in common.
That's why I'm not running this war, genius. What is Obama's excuse?

And yet you have plenty of stupid opinions based on mindless speculation. What's your excuse for that?
Theyre hardly stupid opinions and hardly based on mindless speculation.
Care to cite even one example?

And again what is Obama's excuse?

Already cited one......the middle east was fine. Has there ever been a more stupid opinion than that?
As opposed to criticizing what others say, why don't you offer your own opinion on the topic?
Really. I am interested. Offer us YOUR opinion.

No for sure.

How easy it is to ignore all the Christians that were killed never mind the last three beheadings, two American and a Britain, but I'm sure they were Muslim.
However, now that I hear that ISIS had folks in Australia who were plotting to kidnap your everyday Joes off the streets of major cities and behead them and post the videos, I don't think there is much we can do to stop them. "the front" will be everywhere...there will be no military zone.

I fear it will be left up to law enforcement to prevent kidnappings and killings. Major US cities will be under the equivalent of martial law.

The ISIS army may be 31,000 strong....but I fear the ISIS community is infinitely larger.

No for sure.

However, now that I hear that ISIS had folks in Australia who were plotting to kidnap your everyday Joes off the streets of major cities and behead them and post the videos, I don't think there is much we can do to stop them. "the front" will be everywhere...there will be no military zone.

I fear it will be left up to law enforcement to prevent kidnappings and killings. Major US cities will be under the equivalent of martial law.

The ISIS army may be 31,000 strong....but I fear the ISIS community is infinitely larger.

These people can be eradicated if we let the military and law enforcement do their jobs, secure the border according to the law and keep the politicians out of it.

No for sure.

These people can be eradicated if we let the military and law enforcement do their jobs, secure the border according to the law and keep the politicians out of it.
As I see it, whereas securing our borders is a must, I fear we will be "securing" them within our borders. I believe there are ISIS sympathizers and ISIS "participants" scattered throughout the continental 48...and thanks to the efficiency of social media, the numbers will grow exponentially.

Unless law enforcement is permitted to profile, they will need to find 10,000 or 100,000 or whatever amongst 300 million....

I say the time has come to toss out politically correct and find these killers by targeting the right groups.

No for sure.

As I see it, whereas securing our borders is a must, I fear we will be "securing" them within our borders. I believe there are ISIS sympathizers and ISIS "participants" scattered throughout the continental 48...and thanks to the efficiency of social media, the numbers will grow exponentially.

Unless law enforcement is permitted to profile, they will need to find 10,000 or 100,000 or whatever amongst 300 million....

I say the time has come to toss out politically correct and find these killers by targeting the right groups.

I agree. Lets allow the people in LE and the military to do their jobs.

No for sure.

Who the hell says the US has to do anything about it? Certainly not me.

We have already spent billions rebuilding Iraq and lost thousand of soldiers in that country. No way should we be over there again.

The Arab League should do something about ISIS. Not the UN, a coalition and certainly not the USA.

No for sure.

Who the hell says the US has to do anything about it? Certainly not me.

We have already spent billions rebuilding Iraq and lost thousand of soldiers in that country. No way should we be over there again.

The Arab League should do something about ISIS. Not the UN, a coalition and certainly not the USA.

I do.

Why wouldn't we want to protect Americans abroad and seek to destroy those that want to harm us?

As I said earlier. Take the politics and politicians out of the equation and our military can take care of it quickly with minimal cost.

No for sure.

Secure the border??? What a unique idea. I'm sure Obama is on top of it.

In 2011 Obama bragged about Iraq.

e's ready to take credit for anything that happens to go right during the years of his tenure. He got Saddam all by himself, remember?

Foreign trade has been a boon for a great many
No for sure.

Ignore ISIS like Clinton ignored Alquada?

In reality it was President Bush who ignored al Qaeda. Remember before 9-11 the big threat was from rogue nations with missiles.......Clinton's Administration gave them plenty of warning.

U.S. Cruise Missiles Strike Sudan and Afghan Targets Tied to Terrorist Network

http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB147/clarke memo.pdf

http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB147/clarke attachment.pdf

Forum List

Back