Grief

Anyhow.

My sincerest condolences for your loss.

My oldest brother passed.

Then my father.

Then another brother, all in an 6 month time frame.

The loss is still there, and they will always be missed.

You should specify what caused it. So far, all the solutions given above -specially the graphic ones- are very good.
My baby sister died a few months ago, and now my mother died.

The universe is piling on.

Breath in, breath out, get up every day, keep keeping on. Cry when you need to, laugh and smile when you remember the good times. It's all you can do. It gets better, but it takes time.

You should specify what caused it. So far, all the solutions given above -specially the graphic ones- are very good.

:smiliehug:My cousin, dad, and sister all died months apart from each other in the same year. If I think about it I get really depressed, so I try not to think about it anymore. I took pictures down because looking at them made me feel really lonely. But as time passed I was able to put the pictures up and have a different feeling. Grief is very personal and so just like love we feel it how we feel it. I am so sorry for your grief.

:smiliehug:My cousin, dad, and sister all died months apart from each other in the same year. If I think about it I get really depressed, so I try not to think about it anymore. I took pictures down because looking at them made me feel really lonely. But as time passed I was able to put the pictures up and have a different feeling. Grief is very personal and so just like love we feel it how we feel it. I am so sorry for your grief.
Sorry to hear that. That HAD to be rough.

Time. Sounds cliche' but it does ease the grief somewhat. Lots of time. Keep on keeping on, though..and eventually...it will be a dull ache instead of sharp and stabbing.

People often forget that the loss of a beloved pet can also cause grief. Pets are often looked upon as part of the household and family and are loved just as much as other human beings. When my cat had to be put to sleep years ago, I grieved HEAVILY for a couple weeks. He was my best buddy, always there to greet me when I got home. (I believe he MAY have been part dog!) He's been gone for over ten years now and I still think about him. I really DID love that cat. So, grief CAN take shape in many ways.

People often forget that the loss of a beloved pet can also cause grief. Pets are often looked upon as part of the household and family and are loved just as much as other human beings. When my cat had to be put to sleep years ago, I grieved HEAVILY for a couple weeks. He was my best buddy, always there to greet me when I got home. (I believe he MAY have been part dog!) He's been gone for over ten years now and I still think about him. I really DID love that cat. So, grief CAN take shape in many ways.

My pets are family to me, and sometimes animals are better than humans in comforting the heart.

My pets are family to me, and sometimes animals are better than humans in comforting the heart.
Very true.

There are quite a few books that help deal with a loss of a pet. Even over ten years ago, when I went through losing my pet, there were quite a few out there. I referred to a couple of these and they helped with my grief.

There are quite a few books that help deal with a loss of a pet. Even over ten years ago, when I went through losing my pet, there were quite a few out there. I referred to a couple of these and they helped with my grief.
I was at such a loss when my dog died, that I laid down and either in a dream or a day time "experience" came my way. Suddenly my dog appeared, very happy and barking at me. I knew right away what she was saying. She was excited that she "made it." I was hurt that she didn't say she missed me or loved me, just that she had "made it." Suddenly she was looking to her left again and again, and there was her best friend, George" who had passed a year later. Then I saw them run away together, as healthy as could be.
I woke up, and was amazed. I was actually happy for her instead of feeling the loss.

I was at such a loss when my dog died, that I laid down and either in a dream or a day time "experience" came my way. Suddenly my dog appeared, very happy and barking at me. I knew right away what she was saying. She was excited that she "made it." I was hurt that she didn't say she missed me or loved me, just that she had "made it." Suddenly she was looking to her left again and again, and there was her best friend, George" who had passed a year later. Then I saw them run away together, as healthy as could be.
I woke up, and was amazed. I was actually happy for her instead of feeling the loss.
Thank you for your recollection. Animals truly CAN be a wonder, can't they?

Absolutely. I lost my baby (11 year old shih tzu a couple of months ago. My son asked me to take his dog for comfort while I grieved. I did and still have her. She follows me around the house and just stares at me as if she's checking to see if I am alright. She is amazing. She is getting old now and she wants to sleep with me but her hips don't allow her to jump on the bed any longer. My bed is high so I bought doggie stairs and now have to help her up the steps. I know her time will come, but I also know that George and Eight Ball will be there to greet her! Yeah, they are a wonder.

Absolutely. I lost my baby (11 year old shih tzu a couple of months ago. My son asked me to take his dog for comfort while I grieved. I did and still have her. She follows me around the house and just stares at me as if she's checking to see if I am alright. She is amazing. She is getting old now and she wants to sleep with me but her hips don't allow her to jump on the bed any longer. My bed is high so I bought doggie stairs and now have to help her up the steps. I know her time will come, but I also know that George and Eight Ball will be there to greet her! Yeah, they are a wonder.
That was nice of your son to do that. Does he miss HER now?

That was nice of your son to do that. Does he miss HER now?
It happened that his wife just bought a dog and I asked him over and ever, do you want her (Maddie) back, and he said, "No." My son is the sweetest person and cares for me well. I am going to dog sit for the young malti poo that they bought during the day when they are at work. So, in a way, 'm
giving back." It's fun to see the active Malti poo run circles around Maddie, the lab.

I'm sorry for your losses, Muhammed. I lost my husband 3-1/2 years ago, and my baby sister died 4 months later. I spent 2 years mourning the two of them and have adjusted to living alone by working on charity projects 50 hours a week or more. I went to a karaoke group and got to liking singing, although It's hard to learn new stuff at my age, I sing a lot of popular songs that I am learning with you-tube, because my life was all about my family before retiring, so I never had time to listen to the radio when channeling all my effort on raising the kids to adulthood, also had a business for 23 in textiles, and turned the working apparatus over to employees so they would be able to keep their jobs. I just pray a lot and am sending healing thoughts your way.

Muhammed, how sorry I am for you! How old was you sister? Losing a parent is difficult in itself, let alone your sister. I try to remind myself that there is no pain for them any longer, no fear and I have always believed that when we enter the Hereafter, we will be younger, healthy and waiting for our loved ones to come. We feel the loss here, but they don't. That is some consolation.

Anyhow.

My sincerest condolences for your loss.

My oldest brother passed.

Then my father.

Then another brother, all in an 6 month time frame.

The loss is still there, and they will always be missed.
I'm so sorry, Yousaidwhat. Sending healing thoughts your way too. In the last 5 years I've lost a brother, a sister, my husband of 44 years, his beautiful mother, and my beautiful dog Music to brain injury, and had to put her down. I just pray a lot, keep my hands busy in making quilt tops for fatherless babies and babies with HIV, distributed by my quilting sisters, who quilt them with warm batts and backs, and have begun a new hobby of singing karaoke frequently in the area. I love the charity work best, and spent today working on blue quilts for baby boys. I finished a series of pink quilt tops for baby girls a few weeks back. It is more productive to work with one color group at a time, make about 10 quilts, then change colors and make 10 more. Sometimes that takes a month to make 10 of them if I spend 50 hours a week on them. Sometimes I work out to get away from all that sedentary time, so this month there won't be a goal of 10, but before I get them ready by the middle of January, there might be several, although I'm not sure I can do another 10 by then. Right now, I only completed one and am working on enough log cabin squres to fashion a sailing ship for a little boy. The work takes about 50 hours for one of those, and it's not constant when there are other things to do around here, or if I have to practice a day or two before the weekly karaoke event. The rest of the month will be spent making slightly smaller quilts than the sailing ship one, which should last from crib days until age 12, give or take a couple of years, depending on how tall the boy is when he reaches 10 years.

Hope you stay busy and happy as possible, thinking about the positives of your loved ones. That's easy for me, because my husband had a reeling and rocking sense of humor that made everybody laugh. So when I recall him, it's generally associated with the spirit of fun that was part and parcel of him. My sister had wonderful traits and I dwelt on those good things she always did for others in the family.

It pays to think good thoughts. Part of my prayers are to thank the good Lord for the time I had with my loved ones and why they were such special people. Lucky me.

Muhammed, how sorry I am for you! How old was you sister? Losing a parent is difficult in itself, let alone your sister. I try to remind myself that there is no pain for them any longer, no fear and I have always believed that when we enter the Hereafter, we will be younger, healthy and waiting for our loved ones to come. We feel the loss here, but they don't. That is some consolation.
My baby sister was only 27 years old and was 38 weeks pregnant when she died under suspicious circumstances. Still haven't got the coroner's final report on that yet. And the police detectives are always closed mouthed and won't tell you anything while there's an ongoing investigation.

Forum List

Back