Greetings from Arkansas

All bikers welcome, as far as I'm concerned... I share your love of riding...

Niiiiiiiiice ride! I bought my bike about three years ago and feel very fortunate to have learned to ride it here. I feel like I can ride just about anywhere, now.

Niiiiiiiiice ride! I bought my bike about three years ago and feel very fortunate to have learned to ride it here. I feel like I can ride just about anywhere, now.

.........and a vet, to boot....thanks for your service, whatever it was. My husband is retired Marines.

Are you getting rain this morning? Looks like we're going to have to grow gills up here before long.

Not yet. It rained pretty hard yesterday afternoon. It looks like it's going to rain.

What part of the State are you in?

Yeah...the part where you marry your siblings, or the part where you just marry your cousins. :lol::lol:

j/k

That's a common misconception. Regardless of location, we marry either our cousins or our siblings.

Not yet. It rained pretty hard yesterday afternoon. It looks like it's going to rain.

What part of the State are you in?

Yeah...the part where you marry your siblings, or the part where you just marry your cousins. :lol::lol:

j/k

That's a common misconception. Regardless of location, we marry either our cousins or our siblings.

LOL...that's really why I moved to Arkansas so long ago. There were no more relatives left to marry :)

i would rather have rain than drought

Oh, me too. I try not to complain about it. My kinfolks in west Texas really don't like hearing about it!
That's really odd since, here in West Texas where I'm at, there's been well above average rainfall. We're 5-6 inches already ahead of the average for the entire year.

It's south central Texas, where the ballyhooed drought is.

.........and a vet, to boot....thanks for your service, whatever it was. My husband is retired Marines.

Eight years Air Force here.

There's nothing like the ride. It's religious, and it clears my head and refreshes my soul. You probably know exactly what I'm talking about... :beer:

What kind of bike is that you have? Looks like a Kawi...

Last edited:
i would rather have rain than drought

Oh, me too. I try not to complain about it. My kinfolks in west Texas really don't like hearing about it!
That's really odd since, here in West Texas where I'm at, there's been well above average rainfall. We're 5-6 inches already ahead of the average for the entire year.

Where are you, in west Texas?

There's nothing like the ride. It's religious, and it clears my head and refreshes my soul. You probably know exactly what I'm talking about... :beer:

I work for the Air Force ROTC office here. It's a great job, too.

I agree with you about the ride and it clearing your head. I can be having the worst day ever, and climb onto "Ruby" and take off and within minutes, everything's okay. My bike is a Honda Shadow Spirit 750. I love Harleys, too, but this bike was the best choice for me, overall. I've got three other lady friends who ride the same model. We refer to ourselves as the "Shadow Sisters"....:)

Just joined and am checking out the site. I was born and raised in west Texas, have lived in Arkansas, home of the Razorbacks, for the past 17 years.

I love riding my motorcycle in these hills and getting out among the rivers and woods that we enjoy so much of around here.

Hope to get acquainted with some of you.
Welcome, Kimi. Texas and Arkansas are two good places to get raised...especially if your kin folks hang around and watch.

Thank your husband for me a my family. We appreciate the service.

I agree with you about the ride and it clearing your head. I can be having the worst day ever, and climb onto "Ruby" and take off and within minutes, everything's okay. My bike is a Honda Shadow Spirit 750. I love Harleys, too, but this bike was the best choice for me, overall. I've got three other lady friends who ride the same model. We refer to ourselves as the "Shadow Sisters"....:)

Is that you and your bike in your avatar? Looks like a great place to ride... Texas?

My bike is a 2006 Harley Davidson, 35th Anniversary, Dyna, Super Glide, number 0793 of only 3500 made.

Last edited:
Just joined and am checking out the site. I was born and raised in west Texas, have lived in Arkansas, home of the Razorbacks, for the past 17 years.

I love riding my motorcycle in these hills and getting out among the rivers and woods that we enjoy so much of around here.

Welcome, Kimi. Texas and Arkansas are two good places to get raised...especially if your kin folks hang around and watch.

Thank your husband for me a my family. We appreciate the service.

Thanks, asaratis! I'll pass the message on to him. I have the utmost respect for those who have served, are serving and will serve.

Is that you and your bike in your avatar? Looks like a great place to ride... Texas?

My bike is a 2006 Harley Davidson, 35th Anniversary, Dyna, Super Glide, number 0793 of only 3500 made.

That's me and my bike, but it's here in Arkansas, overlooking the Mulberry river. Where I grew up (in Texas), we don't have views like that.

Your bike is awesome. I like the Dynas and Heritage bikes the best.

West Texan? Hello!

Howdy! One of the things I miss the most about west Texas is the friendly "howdy wave" you get when you meet other drivers on the road. Midland-Odessa area? I grew up in San Angelo.

West Texan? Hello!

Howdy! One of the things I miss the most about west Texas is the friendly "howdy wave" you get when you meet other drivers on the road. Midland-Odessa area? I grew up in San Angelo.
I actually haven't lived here that long. Came for the job, stayed for the hospitality ;) San Angelo's one city I haven't had a chance to see yet, and along with Marfa and Amarillo I plan to visit them someday before I have to move on.

I lived in Hot Springs Arkansas for a few years.

My how my balls boiled there!

Wooo pig sooie!!

Where are you, in west Texas?
Yeah, check your reputation comments. You'll see where I clued you in on that in private.

West Texan? Hello!

I actually haven't lived here that long. Came for the job, stayed for the hospitality ;) San Angelo's one city I haven't had a chance to see yet, and along with Marfa and Amarillo I plan to visit them someday before I have to move on.

A lot of people tend to pity me when I say I'm from west Texas. Just the contrary, IMO. I love the people and openness. I miss the sunsets. I can't see them too good from here.

Forum List

Back