Green Energy wont work - Who are you kidding?

thanks for the comedy

How many of those towers would we need to build in , oh , let's say NYC?

I have no idea how many it would take and right now that is a moot question.
This is going to require you to step out of the tradition bipolar logic of black and white. You don't need to convert everything at once. If you can use the current green technology where it is usable that would reduce the overall consumption of fossil fuels. What would that do? Eventually reduce their prices. The Petrodollar has been the rudder most overlooked and it is responsible for many issues from oil companies shutting down production on alt energy sources to the reason we are occupying iraq and afghanistan.

Maybe you should actually read a thread before stepping into it. Also i didn't know there was any oil in Afghanistan, and here i thought that was actually about the attacks on 9-11, But then you think Bush did all that.

This is going to require you to step out of the tradition bipolar logic of black and white. You don't need to convert everything at once. If you can use the current green technology where it is usable that would reduce the overall consumption of fossil fuels. What would that do? Eventually reduce their prices. The Petrodollar has been the rudder most overlooked and it is responsible for many issues from oil companies shutting down production on alt energy sources to the reason we are occupying iraq and afghanistan.

Maybe you should actually read a thread before stepping into it. Also i didn't know there was any oil in Afghanistan, and here i thought that was actually about the attacks on 9-11, But then you think Bush did all that.

I've never said anything remotely close to saying bush did 9E so it looks like you know the subject matter is so far over your head you resort to being dishonest about what I've said in hopes of distraction. There is oil in afghanistan but I didn't say that is why we are there. Are you ever capable of reading one simple fucking post?

I've never said anything remotely close to saying bush did 9E so it looks like you know the subject matter is so far over your head you resort to being dishonest about what I've said in hopes of distraction. There is oil in afghanistan but I didn't say that is why we are there. Are you ever capable of reading one simple fucking post?

Can you make one post without "fuck the fucking fuckers"? No you never said Bush did it, you never actually did take a firm stand on 911 did you? You only argued the truthers side, you never really said anything, just as you simply hinted that we are in Afghanistan and Iraq for their oil. You didn't really say it and didn't actually mean it.
You are so sicking sometimes. Grow a pair and take a stand.

Can you make one post without "fuck the fucking fuckers"? No you never said Bush did it, you never actually did take a firm stand on 911 did you? You only argued the truthers side, you never really said anything, just as you simply hinted that we are in Afghanistan and Iraq for their oil. You didn't really say it and didn't actually mean it.

Okay, no. You are not capable of reading a single fucking post and to distract you are outright dishonest.

Well, we sure did not go into Iraq because of WMDs.

Well, we sure did not go into Iraq because of WMDs.

Really? Where's the oil?

Ollie, get serious. How are the Christians in Iraq doing? The Jews? How about women, how many are going to the universities now?

Democracy? Who are you kidding? The democracy that Iraq is becoming more resembles Iran than the US or any European democracy.

Guest Voices: 'Obliterating' Iraq's Christians - On Faith at washingtonpost.com

'Obliterating' Iraq's Christians
By Nina Shea
director, Hudson Institute's Center for Religious Freedom
What is most startling about the report of the heartless double bus bombings on May 2 that targeted and injured 80 Christian students traveling to northern Iraq's Mosul University was that the young Christians there attend university at all. Since the U.S. invasion, Iraq's Christians have been mostly driven out of the country by violence directed against them for their religion. Their communities are shattered. That these young people continued to dream of preparing themselves to serve their country signals that community's deep commitment to Iraq and a modicum of hope they still harbor for its future.
Unless the Obama administration acts fast to develop policies to help them, though, their hope will likely be in vain.
Relentless waves of bombings, assassinations, kidnappings, extortions and rapes have triggered a mass exodus of Christians from Iraq over the past seven years. Since 2003, over half of the estimated 1.5 million Iraqi Chaldean Catholics, Assyrian, Syriac Orthodox, and Armenian Christians, as well as some Protestants have fled to Syria, Jordan and farther flung places. While only 3 or 4 percent of Iraq's pre-2003 population, they account for 40 percent of its refugees, the UN reported.

Women's Rights in Iraq: Decreasing by the Day | Women's Rights | Change.org

According to the simplistic rhetoric of Bush and company, the fall of Saddam Hussein and the arrival of the Americans was supposed to mark Iraq's "liberation" and ensure greater freedom for all citizens, particularly the niqab-clad women whom the West thrills in fetishizing as oppressed.

But it hasn't really turned out this way.

One major problem is that the stories of women's rights before foreign invasion are rarely, if ever, told, with politicians preferring to paint them as one-note, backwards and medieval precursors to the enlightenment brought by the arrival of foreign armies. This means that travesties caused by the occupation can be justified as improvements or necessary evils to avoid the horrors of what came before.

Malalai Joya, the Afghan activist who continues to fight for the end of the occupation of her country, has consistently pointed out that women were making progress in gaining rights until a series of foreign occupations ravaged Afghanistan. Similarly, Iraqi women enjoyed relatively progressive rights under a 1958 law which allowed them to divorce their husbands and inherit property, and they could study, work, and move about freely under Saddam.

And here i thought the result was a shaky and unstable but so far surviving democracy in Iraq.

How can you have a democracy when all legislation is based on a religion and no laws that contradict that religion may exist? The worst part of ignorance from dumb fucks like you is you clearly have internet access but instead of using it to do something totally bizarre like educating yourself you choose to whine like a little girl.

And here i thought the result was a shaky and unstable but so far surviving democracy in Iraq.

That is the kind of democracy we paid for with the lives of over 4000 Americans?

Saddam's life was not worth losing one American. The other untold part of this tragedy is the number of permanently disabled who've lost legs, arms, part of their faces, etc. But I'm prolly preaching to the choir.

"The establishment of democracy in Iraq will remain an uncertain proposition for some time to come. The most difficult matter is the reconciliation of two of Iraq's most important ethnic groups: Shiite and Sunni Muslims. But here there is also hope.

Sunnis who largely boycotted previous elections voted in force, and an intense competition for Shiite votes drove up participation in Baghdad and the south, election observers said.

After seven years of a war whose rationale is deeply disputed in the United States, the Obama administration viewed the vote as a test of Iraq's stability, a last milestone before the final withdrawal of American troops.

The short and fierce political campaign could end up either solidifying Iraq's nascent democracy or leaving the country fractured along ethnic and sectarian lines. But it was arguably the most open, most competitive election in the nation's long history of colonial rule, dictatorship and war. "
South Dakota Politics: Democracy in Iraq

The democracy in Iraq is far from perfect, but then we aren't so perfect either. Are there problems that we would never accept in America? Of course there are, but Iraq is free to choose their own destiny for the first time as a nation. There are religious problems and possibly gender related abuses that we would not accept, but Iraq is not America.

And Bentlight, fuck off.

"The establishment of democracy in Iraq will remain an uncertain proposition for some time to come. The most difficult matter is the reconciliation of two of Iraq's most important ethnic groups: Shiite and Sunni Muslims. But here there is also hope.

Sunnis who largely boycotted previous elections voted in force, and an intense competition for Shiite votes drove up participation in Baghdad and the south, election observers said.

After seven years of a war whose rationale is deeply disputed in the United States, the Obama administration viewed the vote as a test of Iraq's stability, a last milestone before the final withdrawal of American troops.

The short and fierce political campaign could end up either solidifying Iraq's nascent democracy or leaving the country fractured along ethnic and sectarian lines. But it was arguably the most open, most competitive election in the nation's long history of colonial rule, dictatorship and war. "

The democracy in Iraq is far from perfect, but then we aren't so perfect either. Are there problems that we would never accept in America? Of course there are, but Iraq is free to choose their own destiny for the first time as a nation. There are religious problems and possibly gender related abuses that we would not accept, but Iraq is not America.

And Bentlight, fuck off.

Like a whiny little girl you ignored the question. Once again:

How can you have a democracy when all legislationg is based on a religion and no law that contradicts that religion may be passed?

And Bentlight, fuck off.

Like a whiny little girl you ignored the question. Once again:

How can you have a democracy when all legislationg is based on a religion and no law that contradicts that religion may be passed?

I don't have a clue. But then I have not studied the intricacies of the new Iraqi constitution, have you? No one here is an expert on this, what we do know is that the average Iraqi for the most part has more freedoms than they ever have had in the past. You may deny that and point out your little exceptions all you want. But they do have a weak yet holding Democracy, voted on by the people. If we disagree with it that only proves that we didn't direct it and choose their government for them. But they did. So it isn't perfect, who is?

Forum List

Back