Greece Runs Out of Other People's Money

Gosh, I'm so shocked - NOT.
The stupidity of the Greek politicians is frankly flabbergasting.
Over a few years, they borrowed like there was no tomorrow - then tomorrow came.
They went on to blame everyone but themselves.

They borrowed because their investments crashed. 2008.

So after weeks of arguing that "dividends are deductible" and making insipid claims such as "Corporate America is sitting on $100 Trillion in cash" and "I made $36.5M last year and paid NO income tax," you now admit that that dividends are taxable not only to the corporation but also to the recipient?
And you wonder why rational peeps find you loony lefties to be something less than thoughtful, intelligent & honest? Sheesh.
I rest my case (for the moment).

Dividends ARE deductible, if they weren't why would a company pay someone else to distribute? Wouldn't it be more cost effective for a secretary who is already on the clock to write the checks on the companies general account? If you've collected dividends, you already know that's not how it works.

Corporate America IS sitting on more than $100 Trillion in cash. Combine net profits (cash) from the publicly held companies over the last 20 years, then double to cover privately held. Where's the cash?

I did make $36.5M in 2014, and paid no personal income tax. Why do you think places such as Fisher Island, Florida, which is a limited access private island, have average incomes of >$800k, housing prices of >$1M, and 13% unemployment?

What does my attention have to do with any of your idiocy?
Dividends as a business expense? LOL!
You're the gift that keeps on giving.

I've explained to you how to do it. This is why I'm wealthy, and you're not.

No you didn't. You posted absolute BS pulled directly from your butthole and after 2 weeks of claiming dividends are "pre-tax, deductable" expenses you finally, if not inadvertently, admitted they are indeed taxed twice. Frankly, you're a typically lane loony leftist liar and I mean that with all due respect.

Over a few years, they borrowed like there was no tomorrow - then tomorrow came.

How the 2004 Olympics Triggered Greece s Decline - Businessweek

They were in debt up to their asses before the crash...........and the crash escalated it.............
They used most of the bail out money to pay back those outstanding debts in the other bail out.......
They were closing in on default even if the crash had never happened.........

The bail outs bought them time..............
but without a recovery from the crash their fate was sealed.......if it wasn't already before the crash..........

It was further sealed because they couldn't create more of their own currency and deflate it's value to attempt revenues by increased exports as countries are doing now..............aka purposely make you currency less valuable to make your products cheaper on the exchange..............

They were doomed long ago...............as are many nations now.

What does my attention have to do with any of your idiocy?
Dividends as a business expense? LOL!
You're the gift that keeps on giving.

I've explained to you how to do it. This is why I'm wealthy, and you're not.

No you didn't. You posted absolute BS pulled directly from your butthole and after 2 weeks of claiming dividends are "pre-tax, deductable" expenses you finally, if not inadvertently, admitted they are indeed taxed twice. Frankly, you're a typically lane loony leftist liar and I mean that with all due respect.

I doubt he is a leftist, but otherwise he is not well acquainted with tax law.

Excuses, excuses. We all make some poor investment choices and they borrowed to support their overly generous public spending long before 2008.

The Greeks didn't make a poor choice, they didn't heed my ALL OUT warning right here on the internet in August, 2007.

Again, If Bush had not been elected the crash wouldn't have occurred, so at least partially the events in Greece are your fault.

So after weeks of arguing that "dividends are deductible" and making insipid claims such as "Corporate America is sitting on $100 Trillion in cash" and "I made $36.5M last year and paid NO income tax," you now admit that that dividends are taxable not only to the corporation but also to the recipient?
And you wonder why rational peeps find you loony lefties to be something less than thoughtful, intelligent & honest? Sheesh.

Dividends ARE deductible, if they weren't why would a company pay someone else to distribute?

Bogus. As our recent exchange reveals, you have already admitted that dividends are not only taxable, they are taxable both to the company and the shareholder:

DEFINITION of 'Double Taxation'
When corporations pay out dividends to shareholders, those dividend payments incur income-tax liabilities for the shareholders who receive them, even though the earnings that provided the cash to pay the dividends were already taxed at the corporate level.
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/double_taxation.asp#ixzz3eOSa40df
Each entity paid tax on income. Where is the problem?

Greece is corrupt. The rich don't pay their taxes. Legacy from Nixon supported dictatorship...

Greece is corrupt. Their government spends 60% of GDP.
That spending is not necessarily corruption. Bribery instead of paying taxes is. Link to your BS number?
BTW, Greece was fine until they listened to Boooshie bankers and got killed by the Booosh World Depression/corrupt bubble bust...twits.

Sure I did. Where in IRS rules does it state that payments made to a brokerage aren't deductible?

How the 2004 Olympics Triggered Greece s Decline - Businessweek

They were in debt up to their asses before the crash...........and the crash escalated it.............
They used most of the bail out money to pay back those outstanding debts in the other bail out.......
They were closing in on default even if the crash had never happened.........

The bail outs bought them time..............
but without a recovery from the crash their fate was sealed.......if it wasn't already before the crash..........

It was further sealed because they couldn't create more of their own currency and deflate it's value to attempt revenues by increased exports as countries are doing now..............aka purposely make you currency less valuable to make your products cheaper on the exchange..............

They were doomed long ago...............as are many nations now.

That's because they were heavily vested. Vested monies aren't spendable.

The Greek government held investments? Why?
What did they hold? How do you know?

Dividends ARE deductible, if they weren't why would a company pay someone else to distribute? Wouldn't it be more cost effective for a secretary who is already on the clock to write the checks on the companies general account? If you've collected dividends, you already know that's not how it works.

Corporate America IS sitting on more than $100 Trillion in cash. Combine net profits (cash) from the publicly held companies over the last 20 years, then double to cover privately held. Where's the cash?

I did make $36.5M in 2014, and paid no personal income tax. Why do you think places such as Fisher Island, Florida, which is a limited access private island, have average incomes of >$800k, housing prices of >$1M, and 13% unemployment?

Dividends ARE deductible

I've posted IRS links that say you're wrong.
Where are the links that back up your claim?

if they weren't why would a company pay someone else to distribute?

What does the non-deductibility of dividends have to do with the way companies decide to distribute them?

Wouldn't it be more cost effective for a secretary who is already on the clock to write the checks on the companies general account?

How does the secretary know who owns the stock?

Corporate America IS sitting on more than $100 Trillion in cash.

Prove it.

I did make $36.5M in 2014, and paid no personal income tax.

$36.5M in after tax profit or $36.5M in revenue?
How much tax did your corporation pay?

Greece is corrupt. The rich don't pay their taxes. Legacy from Nixon supported dictatorship...

That spending is not necessarily corruption. Bribery instead of paying taxes is. Link to your BS number?
BTW, Greece was fine until they listened to Boooshie bankers and got killed by the Booosh World Depression/corrupt bubble bust...twits.

Bribery instead of paying taxes is.

They've been bribing their government employees and retirees for a very long time.

Sure I did. Where in IRS rules does it state that payments made to a brokerage aren't deductible?

Why are payments to a brokerage a deductible expense?
You must be able to cite an IRS document. Right?

Bribery instead of paying taxes is.

They've been bribing their government employees and retirees for a very long time.
So you have no link, just pure Pubcrappe, dupe? Thanks for the 2nd Pub World Depression. Amazing idiocy.

'Greece runs out of other people's money'

And our $18 trillion debt suggests we have our own money in what funhouse mirror?

Germany's Unpaid Debt to Greece: Economist Albrecht Ritschl on WWII Reparations That Never Were

"
You will be surprised to hear that nothing happened, and the reason is the following: After the Allied invasion and the collapse of the Nazi regime, the first thing the occupation authorities did was to block all kinds of claims by and against the German government, under the legal fiction that that the German government and the German state didn't exist anymore."

Germany s Unpaid Debt to Greece Economist Albrecht Ritschl on WWII Reparations That Never Were

Forum List

Back