Greatest television shows ever

Rod Serling's original Twilight Zone was the most intelligent, timeless, vivid, well-acted, iconic storytelling in the past 60 years of American television. I'm always glued to the TV whenever ScyFy does a 48-hour TZ marathon, I never get tired of them. Name me a TV with more brains than the TZ.

All in the family
Andy Griffith
Green acres
Lost in space
The twilight zone
Dennis the menace
Leave it to beaver

I recently started watching reruns of The Twilight Zone and All in the Family.

As the world turns
The young and the restless
Days of our lives.

Excellent! You'll see the thoughtful, perceptiveness of the TZ.
‘To Serve Man’ is one of my favorites.

I saw that one. My favorites are the really dark, scary ones. Like "The Hitch Hiker" or "When the Sky was Opened" or "The Grave" or "The Purple Testament" or "Judgment Night", etc. etc. Those are the real ghostly ones that give me the cold chills.

I saw that one. My favorites are the really dark, scary ones. Like "The Hitch Hiker" or "When the Sky was Opened" or "The Grave" or "The Purple Testament" or "Judgment Night", etc. etc. Those are the real ghostly ones that give me the cold chills.
I’ll check ‘em out. Thanks! :)

Here's a couple of other great, chilling ones: the utter mind-puzzler "The Arrival" and "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" (featuring Capt. Kirk himself as a mentally unstable air traveler).

Here's a couple of other great, chilling ones: the utter mind-puzzler "The Arrival" and "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" (featuring Capt. Kirk himself as a mentally unstable air traveler).
I saw Nightmare at 20,000 Feet. :2up:

Another fun TZ tidbit, "The Grave" featured the late, great Lee Marvin, who (obviously) managed to be the biggest badass ever....without firing a single shot.

Rod Serling went to one of the most liberal colleges in this entire country, Antioch College in Yellow Springs, Ohio. Funny fact, Leonard Nimoy graduated from there as well.

Rod Serling went to one of the most liberal colleges in this entire country, Antioch College in Yellow Springs, Ohio. Funny fact, Leonard Nimoy graduated from there as well.

But Serling and Nimoy were those "old school" 50's & '60s liberals who also wanted the best for America, but simply had different ideas from Republicans on how to do it. They have nothing whatsoever to do with today's violent, murderously American-hating, psychotic-public-train-wreck, utterly criminal Democratic party that exists now.

But Serling and Nimoy were those "old school" 50's & '60s liberals who also wanted the best for America, but simply had different ideas from Republicans on how to do it. They have nothing whatsoever to do with today's violent, murderously American-hating, psychotic-public-train-wreck, utterly criminal Democratic party that exists now.

There is a difference between liberal and Democrat.

It wasn't quite the bastion of Communism when they went, but shrug anyway. I never permit politics to shade my assessments of art.

Another fun TZ tidbit, "The Grave" featured the late, great Lee Marvin, who (obviously) managed to be the biggest badass ever....without firing a single shot.

"Ah reckon Ah bet agin ya, Conny." :113:

Forum List

Back