greatest american

Kathianne said:
Jeff if not for Hamilton and the Federalist papers, I'm not so sure there would be an America today. IN a real way, he was the original Republican, saving the economy of the US in it's 9 month of gestation.

Hamilton certainly was instrumental in defending the Constitution during Ratification - though Madison and Jay were as well. I take serious issue with Hamilton's political stance. His vision of America did not include "federalism" as we think of it today; he favored a very strong executive, a strong federal government and almost non-existent state government.

But maybe I've just been reading too much about Adams, Jefferson, and Madison!

Where the hell is Calvin Coolidge? His address at the 1928 Republican Convention remains a shining example of directness and brevity:

"Gentlemen, I choose not to run."

You gotta love a guy like that!

gop_jeff said:
Hamilton certainly was instrumental in defending the Constitution during Ratification - though Madison and Jay were as well. I take serious issue with Hamilton's political stance. His vision of America did not include "federalism" as we think of it today; he favored a very strong executive, a strong federal government and almost non-existent state government.

But maybe I've just been reading too much about Adams, Jefferson, and Madison!
Maybe so. At the time, the states were used to being autonomous nearly. Hamilton was needed or Virginia would now be its own country. He was vain, a womanizer, but I really admire what he did.

Kathianne said:
Maybe so. At the time, the states were used to being autonomous nearly. Hamilton was needed or Virginia would now be its own country. He was vain, a womanizer, but I really admire what he did.
Musicman said:
Where the hell is Calvin Coolige
Would the two of you pipe down. Krisy & I are discussing something, here.

Joz said:
Would the two of you pipe down. Krisy & I are discussing something, here.
OKAYYYY!!!! I think I see where I took the wrong turn. Blondes explains alot.

Kathianne said:
OKAYYYY!!!! I think I see where I took the wrong turn. Blondes explains alot.
You CAN'T be talking to me about being blonde.

-=d=- said:
just thinking aloud...

Bonnie...and Jessica Simpson...two of my favourite americans for sure.

:dreamy:

Maybe they are "dreamy",but I thought only Marcia Brady used that word. :p:

• Thanks
Reactions: Joz
Kathianne said:
I went for GW, George Washington. I liked Jefferson, but not as much as Washington. Now if Hamilton had been there....

on the face of the planet during the last half of the 18th century!!!!

Forum List

Back