Homosexuals & Ford Motor Company

Joz said:
Don't know how many of you followed the link but it's been changed.
The boycott has been suspended until Dec 1, 2005.

The article had shown pictures of homosexual families with children, as part of Ford's advertising campaign.

You talk like that's a bad thing.

Johnney said:
Joz, yo ushould know where hes heading with this. bullys pro gay, pro gay family, pro gay anything.

His points jumped up a bit...must have recruited some followers to join the forum in his persuit of happiness..whatever that is! :wank:

well once ina great while bully says something that has a point to it. mostly its just the rantings of an old demented man though. i think he forgets his meds once ina while.

Johnney said:
well once ina great while bully says something that has a point to it. mostly its just the rantings of an old demented man though. i think he forgets his meds once ina while.

I just load up on the anti-psychotics...haldol, risperdal, prolixin... ;)

Anyone know if Ford gives the same kind of money to disease research,causes for sick children,missing children,animal rescues,or any other causes that many people find a little more "pressing" than homosexual activism? Just curious.

krisy said:
Anyone know if Ford gives the same kind of money to disease research,causes for sick children,missing children,animal rescues,or any other causes that many people find a little more "pressing" than homosexual activism? Just curious.

:huh: Would be interesting to find out though..geez I was raised on Fords and still have one...mustang that is...along with a Jeep Cherokee lmtd...like Chrysler too... until they sold out to Germany....sigh!

archangel said:
:huh: Would be interesting to find out though..geez I was raised on Fords and still have one...mustang that is...along with a Jeep Cherokee lmtd...like Chrysler too... until they sold out to Germany....sigh!

My husband dirves an 88 Ford Ranger 4x4. That sucker is tough!!! When I showed him this post,he said,"Looks like I'm gonna have to get rid of the ol truck"!! Jokingly of course. I just think that is a ridiculous amount of money for this cause and would really love to know what else they contribute too and the $. I'm not sure where to look......

Kathianne.....help!!

i buy American because I am one. Most liberals don't buy American cars, so what are THEY worried about? Nearly all the Kerry/Edwards stickers are on Hondas, Lexus, Hyundai, Mitsu, Toyotas, etc.

I like Fords, GMs, Dodge/DaimlerChrysler. I own a 99 Chevy Monte Carlo Z34, and a 2000 Impala LS. My first car was an 89 Ford Tempo that I paid for MYSELF with money I worked all summer for. Sucks that it got totalled 2 months after getting my license. A guy on a bike (pedal not motor) blew a pedestrian stop sign, and caused me to stop short to avoid hitting him (This was on a busy residential road where I had the RoW), and the guy behind me rear-ended me.

My grandma (the one who had cancer) had an 87 Ford Bronco II that my dad got after she died. It became my truck after my first car was totalled. My dad went through a whole pack of cigarrettes teaching me to drive it, because it was a manual. :thup: I mastered the manual after about 3 days. I then bought a new car a couple years later, but kept the truck as a secondary vehicle until I got married. unfortunately, I had to sell it because i could not afford to store it, and the apartments we were in only allowed one car per driver in the parking lot. It was so hard to let the truck go, because there were so many memories with it. I still have the VIN #, so one of these days I am going to track it down thru the DMV and go buy it back from who ever has it.

My step-mom just got her 2005 mustang convert, cherry red with leather interior...oh GOD is it sweet! :hail:

Ford will always have a place in my driveway.

Joz said:
I think companies like Ford, Chevy, Buick, P&G, IBM; they've been built from the sweat of the American family man.....some of them christians, or at least with a sense of morality. The American people will not tolerate this.
I can tell you about Thomas Watson, the so-called "founder of IBM".... and actually Endicott is sometimes regarded as the "birthplace of IBM" (although it has left the area thanks to Albany).... And, Watson was a native of New York's Southern Tier (Horseheads or Painted Post NY).

First off, IBM was not founded by Thomas Watson, but he was its CEO for a very long time, until his death in 1957. However, IBM and Thomas Watson became almost synonymous with each other. Many IBM policies were in fact founded by Watson. For instance, no alcohol at any IBM function, period. At one time, no alcohol could be served or consumed at any IBM function because Watson was a tee-totaller. White shirts -- for many years, white shirts were almost an IBM uniform, the reason was that Watson had a liking for them. Watson also believed in respect for the individual, honesty, and belief in doing the best job you could. Also, for years, IBM pursued a "no layoff" policy (which ended in 1993). IBM also had a policy of selling its products solely on "accentuating the positive" of the product rather than detracting the competition (Watson thought that it was ungentlemanly).

Watson had a reputation for having high ethical standards. There are stories of Watson firing executives who had been caught having affairs and for drinking. He did not tolerate any hint of disloyalty to IBM from his executives (he fired some for selling IBM stock during the Depression).

The IBM of today does not bear any resemblance to the IBM of TJ Watson's day. I think that many of his policies were also heavily influenced by the Depression and the "government can help the little guy" mentality.

I can't say that I agree with all of TJ Watson's ideas. The idea of a company or government cradle to grave arrangement is not really condusive to self reliance and progress. In many ways this helped to contribute to IBM's problems in the long term. My impression was that IBM workers were sort of a cult (as there were many of them here in this area) and they tended to think of themselves as being part of the "elect" (which is why I resent that type of attitude in many people). They also were not the most receptive to new ideas or of new ways of doing things ... it was the IBM way or the highway. On the other hand, IBM did take care of its workers and expected and got their best ideas. Many advances in computer technology are because of IBM. Also, IBM had an image of good corporate citizenship and of honesty.

fuzzykitten99 said:
i buy American because I am one.

I buy what's most economically advantageous to me. Four years ago, I bought a new Kia. Only new car I've ever bought, and it's been great. And oh, by the way, it was $5-6K cheaper than the Ford/GMC/Dodge equivalent. Score for me!

gop_jeff said:
I buy what's most economically advantageous to me. Four years ago, I bought a new Kia. Only new car I've ever bought, and it's been great. And oh, by the way, it was $5-6K cheaper than the Ford/GMC/Dodge equivalent. Score for me!
Thanks partially to labor unions which push the price up. Anyone who thinks that unions preserve jobs and make working conditions better for employees would do well to think again.

KarlMarx said:
Thanks partially to labor unions which push the price up. Anyone who thinks that unions preserve jobs and make working conditions better for employees would do well to think again.

Agreed.

I bought a Hyundai SUV for my wife so she can get out of our driveway when it rains or snows.

Me, I buy pickup trucks. There is no fullsize dually made by the foreign "competitors" in full size pickup trucks. I thefore buy MOPAR products. If there were, I would look into which had better performance then purchase it.

After researching quality, price, options, etc - I buy what I want.

If it is American, so be it.

Japanese, so be it.

With the "co-mingling" today of auto makers, Daimler - Chrysler, Ford - Mazda - Jaguar, Acura - Honda (built in the US), GM - Saab, etc.. almost any car you buy today is "buying American." Not to mention, if you buy the car in the US, any make, you are still helping the US economy because you bought it in the US.

Forum List

Back