Great lazy Sunday: F1, Indy and then Nascar

Celebrations of the infantile excesses of the worship of antique technologies.

Yup, Indy 500 at the Brickyard is always on Memorial Day. A big event in my neck of the woods.​

You think they race with antique technology? It's all cutting edge stuff and it makes it's way to the dealer's floor.

It makes him feel "special " to say that.

In his mind he thinks electric cars are brand new technology

waverly-coupe.gif

You think they race with antique technology? It's all cutting edge stuff and it makes it's way to the dealer's floor.

It makes him feel "special " to say that.

In his mind he thinks electric cars are brand new technology

View attachment 76329
I think it's a she and she believes we should be riding around on wind driven bicycles.

The reciprocating piston engine, that ridiculous, outmoded, inefficient relic of the nineteenth century? Poor dears!
What do engines with hundreds of horsepower and cars that go 300kph have to do with reality? They are comic book candidates.

The reciprocating piston engine, that ridiculous, outmoded, inefficient relic of the nineteenth century? Poor dears!
What do engines with hundreds of horsepower and cars that go 300kph have to do with reality? They are comic book candidates.
All that technology gets put into your engine and gives you better performance and gas mileage. Same with suspension, handling, tires, electronics, etc. Racing isn't for everyone, I don't watch it except for motorcycle races and that's been a while. But nothing is outmoded until something better comes along.

To much to mention , not even talking about the safety developed and crossed over to passenger cars.

Forum List

Back