Great Britain's Pretext for Starting WW1

That war was really a family argument between the Royals in Europe, a bloody outrage, 16% of the male population of my town were killed many more crippled for life, my Grandad suffered from a shrapnel blast to his leg all his life, my other grandad who i never knew was shot fiighting the Turks but survived only to die aged 38 through ill health brought on by the war, he suffered from malaria.

No, that is something you have created that only exists in your own head.
Yes, my post came from my own head. Where did yours come from?
Tell me about all the nations that suffered total destruction in WWI.
The governments and economies of Germany, Austria and Russia were utterly destroyed.
No, the difference is the scale, as in general "World Wars" involve the major nations of the time in a conflict involving multiple theaters on multiple continents.
There were only two World Wars.
For example, indeed the Franco-Prussian War was a European War. To start out, do you know who was fighting? Yep, France and the German Confederation. And do you know where they were fighting? France and Prussia.
How long did it take you to figure that out?
Now, if you want an early World War, look no farther than the Seven Years War. That involved all of the big nations of Europe at the time, and took place over five continents (only Australia and Antarctica were spared).
The Seven Years' War was not a World War. It was a European War (primarily between Britain and France) over their colonial possessions.
No, the problem is that you are attempting to use your own made-up definitions, which have nothing to do with it.
Yes, I define the terms I use. Why is that a problem for you?

The governments and economies of Germany, Austria and Russia were utterly destroyed.

And guess what? That was almost entirely Internal. It had little to nothing to do with any fighting against them.

There were only two World Wars.

No, there have been at least a dozen.

The Seven Years' War was not a World War. It was a European War (primarily between Britain and France) over their colonial possessions.

Oh wow, how little you know history.

And no, it was not a European War, fought between the UK and France. Add into that mess Spain, Russia, Prussia, Portugal, the Mughal Empire, and Sweden. As well as multiple tribes of North American Indians.

And was fought on theaters in Europe, Asia, Africa, and both North and South America.

There was fighting all up and down the Americas, from modern day Canada to Brazil. And much of the Caribbean islands. Hell the UK conquered and occupied both Cuba and the Philippine Islands. Only returning it to Spain after the war in exchange for Florida. Even the Dutch who were officially Neutral tried to prevent the UK from fortifying India in the hopes they could take it themselves if they entered the war. Spain and France conducted a join invasion of Portugal.

It was such a major global war that there are many names for it, depending on where you are. In the US it is known as the "French and Indian Wars". To the French Canadians it was the War of the Conquest. To Sweden it is the Pomeranian War. In India, it is known as the Third Carnatic War. It has also been called the "Second Hundred Years War".

All you are doing here is showing that you really do not know history, and that you really need to learn more about it.

Yes, I define the terms I use. Why is that a problem for you?

Because your definitions are wrong, based on faulty knowledge. The very fact that you think it just involved the UK and France fighting over colonies shows how wrong that is.

Forum List

Back